• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

All for nothing

They, like what appears to be the majority of "Claque Trump" members, all maintain that they have a "constitutional right" to infect other people.

Correction: they maintain that (1) they have a constitutional right not to be deprived of liberty or property without due process of law, and not to effectively have their property (i.e., their businesses) taken from them without just compensation, and (2) perhaps people who are so worried about the risk of getting infected can stay home on their own volition, without the government forcing them to do so by executive edict.

Of course, there's probably a reasonable happy medium, but neither side seems able (or very interested) to find it.

They, like what appears to be the majority of "Claque Trump" members, all maintain that they have a "constitutional right" to infect other people.
Yes, because that's their idea of 'freedom!'. I call it insanity, but what do I know, I'm not a Trump supporter...

The really sad thing about this pandemic crisis is that instead of banding together and formulating a plan to handle it the whole thing broke down into a political standoff.

Trump and his followers: hoax, anti-maskers, keep the expendables working, no big deal

The rest of us: listen to the scientist, follow their recommendations, avoid crowds, social distance, wear a mask, limit exposure

200,000 and rising. Just no big deal!

You only see a political standoff because you probably think it's the job of the federal government, rather than state governments, to decide for everyone how best to deal with day-to-day measures like lockdowns and masks. Most of the things that we're supposed to be doing to reduce the spread can just as easily be mandated at the state level according to the will of the people in those states.

Mask up, or stay home.

You only see a political standoff because you probably think it's the job of the federal government, rather than state governments, to decide for everyone how best to deal with day-to-day measures like lockdowns and masks. Most of the things that we're supposed to be doing to reduce the spread can just as easily be mandated at the state level according to the will of the people in those states.

So you are saying all of Trump's press conferences where he dismissed all the recommendations of CDC and other health experts should have never took place?

Truth is America probably would be in a much better place if trump had kept his opinions to himself

For you I guess with any crisis the feds should stay out of it and let the States handle it.

So you are saying all of Trump's press conferences where he dismissed all the recommendations of CDC and other health experts should have never took place?

Truth is America probably would be in a much better place if trump had kept his opinions to himself

I don't know what Trump's press conferences have to do with there being a "political standoff." He's entitled to his opinion, right or wrong.

For you I guess with any crisis the feds should stay out of it and let the States handle it.

Massive straw man. Feel free to read what I actually wrote and respond to it.

The really sad thing about this pandemic crisis is that instead of banding together and formulating a plan to handle it the whole thing broke down into a political standoff.

Trump and his followers: hoax, anti-maskers, keep the expendables working, no big deal

The rest of us: listen to the scientist, follow their recommendations, avoid crowds, social distance, wear a mask, limit exposure

Anyone who wanted to stay home could have. For most people, there was very little danger. There is more danger in driving your car, but no one seems afraid of that.

If you're rich or can work at home, your life is not being destroyed. For many others, it has. I am not a fan of Trump, but he was right in not wanting to destroy the economy. More people will die from the lockdowns than from the virus.

The economy looks like it's still ok, but it isn't. We will be in debt forever. All those nice benefits you want from the government won't happen, because it can't afford anything. You think Modern Monetary Theory will save the day.

But all Democrats really care about now is having things to blame on Trump. I DON'T like Trump, but that' doesn't mean I like the Democrats.

Step back, lock up your political party membership card, take a deep breath, count to 10 slowly - then answer this question honestly for yourself

Based on reality, could anyone really expect it to have been different?

Now ask yourself

What can I do to change society so that EVERYONE would be surprised if this happened again?

Step back, lock up your political party membership card, take a deep breath, count to 10 slowly - then answer this question honestly for yourself

Now ask yourself

What can I do to change society so that EVERYONE would be surprised if this happened again?

Oh yes with anyone but trump in charge it would have been quite different

Only trumpers indoctrinated by the right wing media see it differently

Oh yes with anyone but trump in charge it would have been quite different

Only trumpers indoctrinated by the right wing media see it differently

OK, so that answers

Now how about

Back
Top Bottom