• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Align your spine

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I've had a tense neck since I was a teenager.

I had one chiropractic adjustment session that made me feel unusually good; I was relieved to not be holding tensions and misalignments. It didn't last long. I didn't continue treatments.

Decades later I was introduced to yoga. About a decade after that I took a course at the local City College. That was the best.

I've been working a lot, but now I'm not. I'm improving my yoga stretches.

The spine is the physical connection of the head and body, and the communications network for the brain. Having that functioning well is one key to feeling good, having energy, and being healthy.

The older people get, the further bent forward they can become. You never see an older person bent backward! Gently arching your spine backward is probably the minimum that people should do. I have an air pillow that's used for dunnage when loading cargo in truck trailers. It's like a big ravioli. Lying on my back on that is an easier more passive way to arch backward. You could get one and use it (carefully) while watching TV.

Another easy thing you can do is lie on a hard floor (carpeted, towel) on your back. Lie there and let gravity work, for about 15 minutes. Take a "back break."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom