• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Air Travel down 75% yet gun confiscation rates triple

Well this is easy to sort out:

1. Only an idiot would try to carry a firearm through a TSA checkpoint.
2. Only an idiot would fly now if they didn't absolutely have to.

It all adds up.

Sadly America is full of idiots. One way they can be identified is carrying a gun on their person*

*LEOs excepted.
(and before a certain poster gets smart and says why not Pisces too, LEO stands for Law Enforcement Officer).

Sadly America is full of idiots. One way they can be identified is carrying a gun on their person*

*LEOs excepted.
(and before a certain poster gets smart and says why not Pisces too, LEO stands for Law Enforcement Officer).

How does that make one an idiot? What's the downside?

By the way, I assume you're lumping into that category anyone who has (or claims to have) a carry permit, right?

How does that make one an idiot? What's the downside?

By the way, I assume you're lumping into that category anyone who has (or claims to have) a carry permit, right?

Downside for the other passengers on an airplane where one person has a loaded gun....?

Downside for the other passengers on an airplane where one person has a loaded gun....?

Which part of your silly comment limited it to people who carry on airplanes? Let's take a closer look:

Nope, no mention of "on an airplane" there.

I tend to think it has to do with the decreased volume that is allowing more detailed screenings resulting in the uptick.

Valid point.

Looks like many Americans are starting to figure out they are responsible for their own protection. A friend that works at an airport says he had never seen so many travelers filling out the forms and checking their guns in locked luggage at the check in desk.
It would be very interesting to discover where these travelers were heading.
Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Atlanta, and my personal favorite, Chicago?

Are you saying an airline passenger has the right to bear arms ?

In airplanes for commerce, the arms are stored in the baggage compartment not in the area of the passengers and also are unloaded.

Back
Top Bottom