• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Age limits for congress?

Age limits for congress?

• Total voters

ALiberalModerate

Pragmatist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I don't even know if this is possible, but if you ask me instead of term limits for congress, there should be age limits. If the people of a state want to keep reelecting someone for several terms, then fine, but it is obvious that Senators like Diane Feinstein are just too damn old for the job. I think you should get as many terms as you want until the age of 80 and then no more reelections. So let's say you run for a House seat at age 79, that means you would serve until your 81, and then you are done. If you run for a Senate seat at age 78, that means you serve until you are 84 and then you are done.

(and yes, by the same logic, I think that should Biden win, he should just serve a single term - I think both him and Trump are getting too old for the presidency too.)

I don't even know if this is possible, but if you ask me instead of term limits for congress, there should be age limits. If the people of a state want to keep reelecting someone for several terms, then fine, but it is obvious that Senators like Diane Feinstein are just too damn old for the job. I think you should get as many terms as you want until the age of 80 and then no more reelections. So let's say you run for a House seat at age 79, that means you would serve until your 81, and then you are done. If you run for a Senate seat at age 78, that means you serve until you are 84 and then you are done.

(and yes, by the same logic, I think that should Biden win, he should just serve a single term - I think both him and Trump are getting too old for the presidency too.)

perhaps when you can't hold your Bowels its time to hang it up(LOL)

No, I think what we need is stronger more virtuous Americans/politicians

Back
Top Bottom