• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

After Planned Parenthood Attack, No Calls to Close Churches or Register Evangelicals

David_N

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Ok, I found this funny. :lol:
After Planned Parenthood Attack, No Calls to Close Churches or Register Evangelicals - World News - Israel News - Haaretz Israeli News Source
Up until a month ago, Republicans had stepped up their ongoing holy war against Planned Parenthood. After the publication of doctored tapes alleging that the organization had been merchandizing fetal tissue and organs, Mike Huckabee compared it to heroin dealers; Ted Cruz said it was a criminal enterprise; and Carly Fiorina gave graphic descriptions of flailing embryos callously harvested for organs. Less than two months ago the GOP’s Congressional caucus deemed the defunding of Planned Parenthood important enough to shut down the federal government altogether: this was one of the main impetuses for John Boehner’s resignation as Speaker of the House.
Small wonder, then, that in the 24 hours after Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs was turned into a war zone by 57-year-old Richard Lewis Dear – who killed 3 people, including a policeman – the Republican presidential candidates have maintained a deafening silence, with the exception of Cruz, who expressed sympathy for the victims. Unlike the seemingly endless stream of demands and condemnations that followed the November 13 terrorist attacks in Paris, no one has suggested that churches in which Planned Parenthood are routinely depicted as the devil’s spawn be closed; no one has demanded that Evangelicals who believe performers of abortions are committing crimes against humanity should be issued with special identity cards; and no one has called for arresting or deporting the inciters who exploit such incidents to whip up hate (and garner more votes).
read more: After Planned Parenthood Attack, No Calls to Close Churches or Register Evangelicals - World News - Israel News - Haaretz Israeli News Source

Re: After Planned Parenthood Attack, No Calls to Close Churches or Register Evangelic

Has the religion or motive of the Planned Parenthood shooter been established?

Re: After Planned Parenthood Attack, No Calls to Close Churches or Register Evangelic

Here's what we know:
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/2...ft-alone.html?referer=https://www.google.com/
The younger Mr. Dear was raised as a Baptist, Ms. Ross said in an interview in Goose Creek, S.C., where she now lives. He was religious but not a regular churchgoer, a believer but not one to harp on religion. “He believed wholeheartedly in the Bible,” she said. “That’s what he always said; he read it cover to cover to cover.” But he was not fixated on it, she added.

Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect Made Comment About '''No More Baby Parts''': Sources - NBC News
n one statement, made after the suspect was taken in for questioning, Dear said "no more baby parts" in reference to Planned Parenthood, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the case told NBC News.

I wish people would stop the asinine mentality of punish them all for the sake of the few or the one.

them and anyone who thinks that way.

Ask the same question if evangelical Christians bomb an airliner out of the sky killing hundreds, then kill hundreds more in a series of suicide bombings and gun attacks in say, three different nations.

And.....since we are on the subject of small scale attacks, did any body call for humanist groups to monitored after an atheist executed three moslems in their home? Or, did the scale of the attack and the frequency of the attacks lead to a more muted response?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/04/us/chapel-hill-muslim-student-shootings-north-carolina.html?_r=0

Last edited:

Ask the same question if evangelical Christians bomb an airliner out of the sky killing hundreds, then kill hundreds more in a series of suicide bombings and gun attacks in say, three different nations.

Christianity has already been neutered by secular liberal values, well, in most places, we see what happens when it's not. The ME has yet to get there.

It has not.

Yes, unnamed, unconfirmed, anonymous sources.
You're joking, right?
In one statement, made after the suspect was taken in for questioning, Dear said "no more baby parts" in reference to Planned Parenthood, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the case told NBC News.

Christianity has already been neutered by secular liberal values, well, in most places, we see what happens when it's not. The ME has yet to get there.

Wow, that is literally one of the most idiotic, nonsensical postings I have ever encountered in years of political message board membership. That's quite an accomplishment.

You're joking, right?

They are unnamed, and unconfirmed. No official statements from law enforcement have been made with regards to the motivation of the shooter So no, I'm not joking.

Wow, that is literally one of the most idiotic, nonsensical postings I have ever encountered in years of political message board membership. That's quite an accomplishment.

I'm sorry that reality makes you feel upset. In places lacking secular, progressive values, religion is more extreme, take the middle east and Christianity in the past.

I'm sorry that reality makes you feel upset. In places lacking secular, progressive values, religion is more extreme, take the middle east and Christianity in the past.

Nothing like doubling down.

They are unnamed, and unconfirmed. No official statements from law enforcement have been made. So no, I'm not joking.

You obviously don't understand how these things work. These officials know what they're talking about, and trying to run away and pretend he didn't say this is hilarious.

Well, it is against the law to sell baby parts, I believe. Part of the US legal system. But you choose to blame religion instead of the law?

You obviously don't understand how these things work. These officials know what they're talking about, and trying to run away and pretend he didn't say this is hilarious.

It is YOU who doesn't understand how things work. Who exactly made those statements?

Well, it is against the law to sell baby parts, I believe. Part of the US legal system. But you choose to blame religion instead of the law?

Planned parenthood didn't break the law, and they never sold baby parts.

Yes, who said Dear made that statement?
Please show these officials aren't credible.
two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the case told NBC News.
Robert Lewis Dear, a North Carolina native who was living in a trailer in Colorado, made statements to police Friday at the scene of the Colorado Springs clinic and in interviews that law enforcement sources described as rantings.

Please show these officials aren't credible.

How can I show they aren't credible if I have no idea who they are? Can you please tell me who they are?

NBC News and other media outlets reported, citing unnamed law enforcement authorities. Reuters was unable to independently confirm the reports.

Planned Parenthood says Colorado shooter opposed abortion | Reuters

I'll trust NBC news and the almost 100% certainty that the remarks are real. It's hilarious the games pro lifers are playing to pretend this man wasn't 'pro life'.

I never said he wasn't "pro-life", I said the alleged comments are unconfirmed. And they are. Can you please tell me who these officials are?

Back
Top Bottom