• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Add Senator Mike Lee (R-Utah) To The List of Traitors Who Actively Tried to Overturn The 2020 Election

I don't see anything in the texts reported by Lee in the article that is indictable. He apparently bought the bill of goods initially and eventually realized it was wrong.
I agree. Which is why him and Roy would make some real good witnesses. They can show that even though Trump knew what he was doing was wrong, he continued to proceed with the numerous coup plots. Trump could have called the whole thing off, but did not. It goes to intent.

Three-fifths of my immediate family are T**** supporters and they're not "idiots."
Sorry, this is not meant to diss your family, but if after they have learned everything about trump and his allies surrounding the 2020 election, and they still support him, what would you call them?

Three-fifths of my immediate family are T**** supporters and they're not "idiots."

It is helpful to have people in your life who you love and respect, with whom you disagree politically. I'm in a similar situation, where my family is split.

You can generally tell on the boards who lacks that kind of exposure and context. Typically they are the ones who buy most fully into carricaturized versions of The Other.

Sorry, this is not meant to diss your family, but if after they have learned everything about trump and his allies surrounding the 2020 election, and they still support him, what would you call them?
Stubborn, and defensibly untrusting of the media sources telling them what they don't want to hear.

It would be a lot easier to counter Trump and his movement if MSM hadn't spent years discrediting itself :(

Um. Yes. That's sort of why we have the Constitution that we do - mobs can abuse your rights as thoroughly as individual tyrants can.

Nor was democracy for it's own sake the intent of our Constitution:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America...."

The word "Democracy" isn't in there.

Stubborn, and defensibly untrusting of the media sources telling them what they don't want to hear.

It would be a lot easier to counter Trump and his movement if MSM hadn't spent years discrediting itself :(
Well then, that makes them ignorant of current affairs. If all one watches is Fox news, they will be less informed than someone who watches no news. Basing your support for someone on pure propaganda does not make for an informed individual. I am not sure what can be done with that group.

Add Senator Mike Lee to the list of traitors to our country who was actively trying to help Trump overturn the election.

How do we know this? Because of the text messages that another Trump traitor -- Chief of Staff Mark Meadows -- recently turned over to the Jan 6 Committee.

The Trumpster idiots say all the time that there is no reason to investigate Jan 6, since there is "no new information to uncover". Yeah....bullshit. The Jan 6 Committee has been revealing new information literally every week. The Trumpster idiots just want Jan 6 to quietly disappear, but it's not going to no matter how much these traitors cry about it.

The clock is ticking, Merrick Garland. You need to start prosecuting Trump and these traitor Republican assholes.

Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) worked furiously to overturn the 2020 election and keep President Donald Trump in power before ultimately abandoning the effort when no evidence of widespread fraud surfaced and his outreach to states for alternate electors proved futile, according to texts.

Lee sent the texts to White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, who turned them over to the House committee investigating a pro-Trump mob’s attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. CNN reviewed the texts Lee and Rep. Chip Roy (R-Tex.) sent Meadows and reported on them Friday.

You sound mad

What did Lee do that has you so upset?
He investigated it. Found no evidence. Reported his findings to the WH. What's the problem?

Well then, that makes them ignorant of current affairs.

Maybe. 18 months ago, who had the most accurate depiction is Hunter Bidens laptop and the subsequent references to what clearly appears to be corrupt behavior?

There are LOTS of instances of FOX promoting or enabling lies as well, mind you. It's simply that both media universes seem to have gone all in on tribalism, and each side is very good at remembering the worst abuses of the other, leading to recency bias in addition to confirmation bias.

Basing your support for someone on pure propaganda does not make for an informed individual. I am not sure what can be done with that group.

They would agree, but, would claim that it is left wing media that counts as propaganda.

You sound mad

What did Lee do that has you so upset?
He investigated it. Found no evidence. Reported his findings to the WH. What's the problem?
Actually, in this case, there is no problem with Lee or Roy. The problem is with Meadows and Trump. Meadows was told to call it off. If he was told, he relayed that to Trump. Neither called it off. It didn't work, thank God, but the two of them were the central planners.

Roy and Lee become expert witnesses. If the DOJ decides to take action against Trump and his allies, those two will be needed for their testimony. They can help prove intent on Trump's part.

Maybe. 18 months ago, who had the most accurate depiction is Hunter Bidens laptop and the subsequent references to what clearly appears to be corrupt behavior?

There are LOTS of instances of FOX promoting or enabling lies as well, mind you. It's simply that both media universes seem to have gone all in on tribalism, and each side is very good at remembering the worst abuses of the other, leading to recency bias in addition to confirmation bias.

They would agree, but, would claim that it is left wing media that counts as propaganda.
Here is the problem with that. The whole world is well aware that Hunter is under active investigation by the FBI. It's been 15 months since 1-6, and no indication that anyone at the top of the food chain is being investigated.

The difference is the left didn't try and steal an election. And the left media didn't promote all the false information that led up to 1-6. That was all on Trump and his congress critters, Fox, OANN and Newsmax. Not to mention any of the radio talk shows and the internet.

Yes, Lee is in the same category as Bolton, Barr, in that he eventually understood it was wrong , but didn't stop It. The other comparison to Barr is that he tried as hard as he could. Lee was on the phone for days trying to convince state legislatures to flip.
I agree that in the end they, like Barr did the right thing. However, their actions leading up to the 6th empowered Trump to become more and more outrageous in his determination to steal the election. To me, that isn't the worst part though, to me the worst part is that since then they all have remained virtually silent and let the big lie fester. That is not what one should expect from people who swear to defend the Constitution and protect from all enemies including those within.

The difference is the left didn't try and steal an election. And the left media didn't promote all the false information that led up to 1-6. That was all on Trump and his congress critters, Fox, OANN and Newsmax. Not to mention any of the radio talk shows and the internet.

As I said: There are LOTS of instances of FOX promoting or enabling lies as well, mind you. It's simply that both media universes seem to have gone all in on tribalism, and each side is very good at remembering the worst abuses of the other, leading to recency bias in addition to confirmation bias.

The opposition party, after losing an election, rather than congratulating the winner, but looking for any and all legal remedies for overturning the valid results, is not a good path for our nation to go down. It will not end well.
I can end well if the DOJ does it's ******* job. If these coup plotters get off with no consequences, it will surely happen again and more likely to be successful.

Prosecute all these nimrods now and we'll put a stop to this kind of shit.

Here is the problem with that. The whole world is well aware that Hunter is under active investigation by the FBI. It's been 15 months since 1-6, and no indication that anyone at the top of the food chain is being investigated.
Has he been under active investigation? It's been 2 years that they have had the laptop and no indictments. Seems more like the FBI has been sitting on this waiting to sweep it under the rug.

Has he been under active investigation? It's been 2 years that they have had the laptop and no indictments. Seems more like the FBI has been sitting on this waiting to sweep it under the rug.
I can't say if your right or wrong about that. But at least we know they are looking into it. No different than Matt Gaetz. We're all pretty sure he's culpable. They have witnesses and evidence. Why are they sitting on his case?

It's all political BS. I am not one to try and protect someone who has broken the law, Hunter Biden included. It just seems that the well politically connected, no matter their party, get preferential treatment. It's rather discouraging.

You didn't believe Barr when he said there was an active investigation, that he was familiar with the progress and he felt it was being conducted appropriately and professionally?

And I'll add that Biden did NOT fire the Delaware federal prosecutor to avoid the political back lash. Even Hunter's dad has stayed out of his investigation. As everyone on the right has continually said about Trump, there is always the possibility that no laws were broken.

Add Senator Mike Lee (R-Utah) To The List of Traitors Who Actively Tried to Overturn The 2020 Election​

I would like to agree with you just for spite because the GOP got real close to burning the Republic to the ground and there are still significant components of the GOP that are trying to do so...Trumphumpers all and many of them Putiniists to boot.

However I think what we really see in Lee and in Texas Rep Chip Roy is the degree to which American politics are so partisan. Both of these men were willing to give Trump and his crew including Sydney Powell who cannot even dress herself for God sake "the benefit of a doubt" up until the very end when the Trumphumping loons could not come up with the goods. Lee even transferred his hopes for Powell onto John Eastman, another Trumphumping GOP loon before finally giving in and telling Meadows and his ilk to put on the brakes and stop this nonsense.

It simply should not have taken so long. Powell and Eastman and Guiliani and Bannon and Ginni Thomas should not have gotten the time of day. I understand partisanship. However even a cursory examination and use of critical thinking skills would have exposed their nonsense for what it was. Worse, Lee and Roy and others promoted these loons into the WH without having any earthly idea if they had a leg to stand on. They promoted them into the WH for the same reason Trump and Meadows accepted them into the WH....pure unjustified hope laced with desperation. Now for the power mad loons like Trump and his gang, there should be a special place in hell for them. It is clear that they knew before and surely after 1/6 that they did not have a leg to stand on and yet they continued, yet they persisted.

We are not talking about a football game. Lee and Roy have a responsibility to themselves and to the country that requires the ability to think. If you can't think you are just a partisan hack. Your only actual skill set is getting elected, Well getting elected is not governing....it just is not. politics is politics and governing is governing. They are not the same things.

If you want to understand the distinction between Democrats and Republicans it is the degree to which Democrats are willing and capable of segregating those two activities, politics and governing in their own minds and the degree to which Republicans simply cannot. Republicans are politicking 24/7 whether already in office with governance responsibilities or not. Democrats are not perfect by any means. But at least many of them belong in elected office. I don't know where most Republicans belong....maybe the private sector. They certainly do not belong in government. How do I know? Look at how many Republicans are even now simply unable to throw in the towel on Fat Donnie and reject the notion that they would support him as the nominee of the GOP in 2024. Sort of similar to Donnie's unwillingness to call out Putin as a murderous butcher.

This whole thing is like watching a mafia trial where the mob boss knows exactly what to say so that he doesn't get in trouble and if anybody has to take the fall it's some guy down the line.

I can understand Trump supporters previously. However, given ANYONE that STILL supports Trump NOW given all the information coming out from Jan 6th committee? No, they are all ****ing idiots or threats to this Democratic Republic at this point.
They are ignorant and brainwashed cultists.

They play in their ignorance like a pig plays in slop.

I mean..he sent some texts. Is that really working furiously? Seems the Mike Lee angle is getting a little overblown.
Not overblown at all. Just another of the many puzzle pieces coming into focus. I keep reminding everyone to stop looking at these developments as single incidents, but as part of a much larger conspiracy to subvert our election process and keep Trump in power, despite the will of the people.

Not overblown at all. Just another of the many puzzle pieces coming into focus. I keep reminding everyone to stop looking at these developments as single incidents, but as part of a much larger conspiracy to subvert our election process and keep Trump in power, despite the will of the people.
I’m not excusing what he did. And maybe the biggest blow to his credibility is vouching for that idiot Sydney Powell. But is sending a few text messages really working furiously?

I can understand Trump supporters previously. However, given ANYONE that STILL supports Trump NOW given all the information coming out from Jan 6th committee? No, they are all ****ing idiots or threats to this Democratic Republic at this point.
I gave those who voted for the POS in '16 a pass. Those idiots who voted for the moron again in '20 obviously have the same disregard for our country and the American people as traitor trump does and didn't mind his serving his failed term at the pleasure of Mr. Putin.

Those who still downplay or deny the trump incited insurrection of January 6, 2021 hate democracy and people of color just as much as trump and his spawn. Those pieces of shit do not deserve to live in the United States of America and would be happier and more patriotic living somewhere like Russia or China.

A lot of trash who supported the insurrection can take a lesson in patriotism, integrity and manhood from President Zelenskyy, where he and his people are fighting with their lives to protect their Capitol, not attack it and threaten those within, while smearing their shit on the walls. American trash, the enemy within....luckily they were too ****ing stupid to succeed.

13010485853-1080pnbcstations.jpg

Back
Top Bottom