• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Absolute Truth

do you believe in absolute truth?

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, the Bible

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • yes, other (please explain)

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

dthmstr254

I'm a pig, a real pig.
Reaction score
Chatanooga Tennessee at Tennessee Temple Universit
Political Leaning
Conservative
in the 1700s there used to be a concrete belief that truth is in both the realms of 1.) God soul & nature; and 2.) this world.
somewhere between the 1800s and 1900s the world developed a belief that truth was only what you could see, hear, feel and touch, while God soul and nature got put in the realm of opinion. after 1901 we started developing "relativism", in which we believed that truth was "as my group sees it" or "as you perceive" putting "world" and "nature" in the realm of "truth" and "God, soul and nature" with "the material world" under opinion. now, relativism cannot and will not ever be able to hold up stability and it soon fell into subjectivism, in which the only truth lied in your feelings, while everything else got piled into opinion.
the question I have is, do you believe in absolute truth. if so what is it? and why is it the absolute truth

Back
Top Bottom