• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion insanity

It is when it is expected that a woman gestate and place for adoption that (some) people want to make her into a broodmare. Like when people say "just give it up for adoption (if you don't want it)".
I'm going to have to disagree with you here, but of course these are both opinions. But to me to be a "broodmare" would entail being told she has to repeatedly get pregnant and give up the child. Simply encouraging adoption over abortion simply doesn't rise to that level.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here, but of course these are both opinions. But to me to be a "broodmare" would entail being told she has to repeatedly get pregnant and give up the child. Simply encouraging adoption over abortion simply doesn't rise to that level.

That's the thing though... for a woman to make a truly informed choice, none of the options, (aborting, parenting, relinquishing) should be encouraged for anyone's benefit but for her own.

That's the thing though... for a woman to make a truly informed choice, none of the options, (aborting, parenting, relinquishing) should be encouraged for anyone's benefit but for her own.
We could apply this to pretty much anything including politics. By the logic presented, no one other than the candidate should be doing any encouraging. Sorry, but encouraging any given option is part of the freedom of speech we all enjoy.

My response above was regarding this part of your post. (bolded)

Scrabaholic said:
I apologize if I offended you, that was not my intent.

I am an adoptee. My POV comes a lot from that, of how it was growing up not knowing who you are or where you came from.

Ok, but I didn't understand your response.

If you have a better word for it, I'm all ears. Seriously.

If you have a better word for it, I'm all ears. Seriously.

You were right to call women broodmares if they are encouraged to choose adoption over parenting.

Back
Top Bottom