• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020. Who will it be?

No, it doesn't. But it seems like there are very few accomplishments which would be greater and more remembered than being the leader of the free world, wouldn't you say?

What would that accomplishment be? Getting elected?

If there has to be a woman, and Clinton does win the presidency, it should probably be her. Regardless of how any person feels about her, being the first female President seems like a pretty valid argument when deciding what woman should be on our currency.
Why hold women to standards to which we never hold men? If morals were a relevant criterion, then Andrew Jackson wouldn't have been on the $20 in the first place.
So if H. Clinton wins the election, your vote is for her to be on the bill?

nope I think there are just better people that should be on it than Clinton.
nothing she has done has earned her the right to be on our money.

there are other females that have accomplished a lot more than her that should go on there.

What would that accomplishment be? Getting elected?

fraud, lying I mean what other accomplishments has she actually done.

fraud, lying I mean what other accomplishments has she actually done.

None, but I wanted to know what he thought her accomplishment might have been.

How so? Because someone's favorite person might be "disrespected"?

Hamilton is being removed I think because of his connection to slavery.

There are people that say the country was built on the backs of the slaves, which means the monuments, so if you put those on bills, they could be offended.

Hamilton is being removed I think because of his connection to slavery.

There are people that say the country was built on the backs of the slaves, which means the monuments, so if you put those on bills, they could be offended.
Ah.

The country was built on the backs of many varied people, some slaves, some not. Jefferson's on the nickel, and well, you know. If that's the argument, maybe we should literally abandon the entire country. Everything's tainted.

I put this kind of concern in the "If you look for something to offend you, you will find it" category.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...f7c3ee-153c-11e5-89f3-61410da94eb1_story.html

Who is your pick?
Has a person already been picked?
Should it be Hillary if elected to president?
Should it be put to a vote by the people?

A joke from Good Morning America was Rosa Parks on the back of the bill. OUCH.

I don't like Hillary but I would be OK with her on the 10 dollar bill if she indeed became the first woman president.
I would be OK with multiple women featured on the 10 dollar bill the way we did with the quarters.

The teacher who died on the space shuttle

I'd vote for Grace Hopper

Sandra Day O'Connor would be my second pick.

#crazyForTheEighties

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...f7c3ee-153c-11e5-89f3-61410da94eb1_story.html

Who is your pick?

I don't like Hillary but I would be OK with her on the 10 dollar bill if she indeed became the first woman president.
I would be OK with multiple women featured on the 10 dollar bill the way we did with the quarters.

In some ways I am a traditionalist. There is no controversy in our currency featuring Presidents dead 50 years or more. Why not just stick to that?

A random single mother on welfare (with her 3 kids of mixed paternity)... the epitome of modern America.

We could have a contest to pick the model, and everything. It'd be so cool. :cool:

This just in

The portrait of President Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill will be replaced by one of legendary African-American abolitionist Harriet Tubman, a Treasury source tells Fox News.

Report: Harriet Tubman to Replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 Bill | Fox Business

The U.S. Treasury has decided to replace former President Andrew Jackson with anti-slavery crusader Harriet Tubman on the U.S. $20 bill, and will put leaders of the women's suffrage movement on the back of $10 bill, Politico reported on Wednesday.

The long-awaited decision keeps Alexander Hamilton, one of the U.S. founding fathers, on the front of the $10 bill, Politico said, citing unnamed sources. It said there would also be changes to the $5 bill to depict civil rights era leaders.

This just in

The portrait of President Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill will be replaced by one of legendary African-American abolitionist Harriet Tubman, a Treasury source tells Fox News.

Report: Harriet Tubman to Replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 Bill | Fox Business
I oppose this, but not for the reason(s) some will rush to judge.

Andrew Jackson deserves one final "honor". Andrew Jackson was a special kind of repugnant asshole, especially regarding native American Indians. In short, he wanted eliminate them. As such, Andrew Jackson should be honored by being replaced with a native American Indian. That would be a befitting poke in the eye to a jerk of such magnitude.

Note: I have no issue against Tubman, just reserve this special honor for Jackson and put Tubman on another bill.

I think the next move will be to replace "e pluribus unum" with "resist we much". How soon before they take Washington off the dollar?

I'm happy with it. I voted for Tubman in that Women on the 20s campaign that ran last year.

Likewise I'm glad that the Treasury decided to not replace Hamilton and boot Jackson to the back of the bill instead. Even if it took six months to do so.

Harriet tubman on the $20?

Slave Morality -- the adoption and implementation of America's new ethos is almost complete!

The more extreme/partisan the person, the less of a sense of humor they will have.

Thank you for being Example #2,998,573,043,095

You need to be funny first!

I got a hell of a sense of humour. Ain't I, Corporal Briggs?

See if you can find that one, and this time it's not Al Sharpton.

Who is your pick?

Lady Liberty

Back
Top Bottom