• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A question for the anti-war crowd.

Originally Posted by cherokee
That gives NO ONE the excuse to use their faces in a political ploy.
If your so quick to kill them, I'm going to MAKE SURE you see them!

Billo_Really said:

Yeah cause its all the fault of conservative repulicans they are dead. it had nothing to do with the dictator we removed, or the terrorists flooding into the country.

:roll:

Billo_Really said:

You think I wanted our troops in that $hit hole called Iraq?
NO!
I’m pissed because people used the faces of fallen soldiers to push a political point.
That’s disrespectful to them and the families left behind no matter how you flucking cut it!

Don’t assume to know me because you DON’T!
I served my country as a Marine for 9 YEARS

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
Oh I see. Kinda like how republicans say they support and care about our troops but send them to war with chemical suits proven to be defective in the 90s some of which had holes and tears which the soldiers were told to cover with duct tape, some with no armour and some with insufficient armour, tell them to dig through junk yards and dumpsters to aquire the materials neccessary for them to fight the war, not giving some of soldiers protective vests, etc etc ad infinitum.

I'll add this - and denegrate their service to our country when they run for office. (McCain,Murtha,Cleland,Kerry etc....)

Originally posted by cherokee
NO!
I’m pissed because people used the faces of fallen soldiers to push a political point.
That’s disrespectful to them and the families left behind no matter how you flucking cut it!

I want people to see the faces of the people they helped kill. Anyone who is for this war are killers.

ProudAmerican said:
so in your opinion Israel is the ONLY country threatened by Iran?

what if they were ONLY a threat to China? would that be acceptable to you?

what if they were ONLY a threat to Great Brittain? would that be ok?

or how about Japan?

The funny thing is... you refuse to look in the mirror.

I'm assuming that you, like myself, are an American.

Here in the United States of America... we have more ICBM's, fission bombs, particle weapons, directed and kinetic energy weapons, biological weapons, frequency weapons, and thel (laser) weapons than any other nation.

Perhaps it would be justified for other nations to worry about our intentions. Perhaps it would be logical for other nations to view US as a threat?

The world views Bush as a Dictator, they view our foreign policy as obtrusive... I've yet to find a reason to disagree.

Those planes on 9/11 weren't the only things that were hijacked.....

cherokee said:
NO!

I completely understand where you are coming from cherokee. I think what you are saying makes sense. Why should the faces of the fallen be portrayed is such a way that is not honorable. FOr it is not the fault of the soldier who's duty is to obey and act. I agree with you. It is highly distasteful. Let's not exploit those who have fallen to expose the incompassionate and hawkish actions of one man named George W Bush.

At the same time I know where BilloReally is coming from. The mosiac, in an artistic sense, shows real faces and real deaths... and ultimately bares the responsibility of a derelict president who never seemed to give a damn about them in the first place.

Originally posted by Conflict:
I completely understand where you are coming from cherokee. I think what you are saying makes sense. Why should the faces of the fallen be portrayed is such a way that is not honorable. FOr it is not the fault of the soldier who's duty is to obey and act. I agree with you. It is highly distasteful. Let's not exploit those who have fallen to expose the incompassionate and hawkish actions of one man named George W Bush.

At the same time I know where BilloReally is coming from. The mosiac, in an artistic sense, shows real faces and real deaths... and ultimately bares the responsibility of a derelict president who never seemed to give a damn about them in the first place.
Whether we agree or disagree, your comments are always welcome.

Billo_Really said:
I want people to see the faces of the people they helped kill. Anyone who is for this war are killers.

Bill,
My beef isn’t with one party or the other. It’s about showing respect.
Period.

If someone wanted to make one with the pictures in a flag or something like that I wouldn’t care for it too much but it wouldn’t disrespect those who gave their lives.

The Mosiac isn't supposed to be dispespectful and shouldn't be thought of that way. The mosaic represents the blantent disregard our president has for our troops.

Che said:
The Mosiac isn't supposed to be dispespectful and shouldn't be thought of that way. The mosaic represents the blantent disregard our president has for our troops.

no, it represents the lefts assertion (false as it may be) that our president has a blatent disregard for the troops.

ProudAmerican said:
no, it represents the lefts assertion (false as it may be) that our president has a blatent disregard for the troops.

What has he done to prove otherwise?

ProudAmerican said:

I would laugh so freaking hard if it turned out that whoever created the mosaic was a Republican or some sort of conservative.

Stace said:
I would laugh so freaking hard if it turned out that whoever created the mosaic was a Republican or some sort of conservative.

too bad thats about as likely as Teddy Kennedy being sober on st patricks day.

and id give you a hundred bucks.

would you agree to give me a hundred if they are a liberal?

Last edited:
ProudAmerican said:
and id give you a hundred bucks.

would you agree to give me a hundred if they are a liberal?

Well, if I wasn't broke and pregnant, I would, but I need all the money I can get right now :(

ProudAmerican said:

It is false as you claim it to be, then why are our troops dying daily and nothing is happening to stop it.

Obviously not only the left, because only 38% approve of him. Even his own party are spliting on the issue.

If the president really cared about our troops then not only wouldn't he start unprovoked wars, but if he absolutely had an urge to do so, then he would put in enough troops to get the job done!

Originally posted by Conflict:
Those planes on 9/11 weren't the only things that were hijacked.....
I don't know what your answer was, but the first thing that popped into my head when I read this was, "Our Heritage!"

Billo_Really said:
I don't know what your answer was, but the first thing that popped into my head when I read this was, "Our Heritage!"

You would be correct. Not only our Heritage... but the sheer concept of patriotisim, diplomacy, Bravery and Free will. A country who is just... A country who is United.

Unfortunately... these concepts do not adequately describe what we are seeing in American politics today.. nor yesterday. (see sig)

The Real McCoy said:
What do you people who oppose the war in Iraq propose we do to combat the problem of terrorism?

We should fight the terrorist where they are instead of invading sovereign countries that did nothing to provoke our attack, and had no link at all to the ones whom attacked us other than the fact that they were a Muslim country in the same region, with the logic that W used for this war, if Iran or N. Korea were to attack us we will invade Egypt or Vietnam.

We should fight the terrorist where they are

we are doing just that. to say there are no terrorists in Iraq is like saying there are no oranges in Florida.

instead of invading sovereign countries that did nothing to provoke our attack, and had no link at all to the ones whom attacked us

they broke numerous resolutions over more than a decade and fired at our pilots on a daily basis. several key terrorists have been captured and killed in Iraq. to claim they have no link to terrorism is nonsense.

Originally posted by Proud American:
...and fired at our pilots on a daily basis.
That's because we were bombing them!

ProudAmerican said:
we are doing just that. to say there are no terrorists in Iraq is like saying there are no oranges in Florida

they're only there because we came. they're not the ones that'll atack us on our homeland, they just want us out of theirs.

Back
Top Bottom