• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A prayer request

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The holidays are a time of joy for some but filled with sadness for many. I've just returned home from the visitation for an only child whose funeral is tomorrow, and my heart goes out to all those who are suffering tremendous tragedy while the world keeps spinning...as it does indeed because life is for the living. I hope you will join me in lifting up those whose hearts are broken.

The holidays are a time of joy for some but filled with sadness for many. I've just returned home from the visitation for an only child whose funeral is tomorrow, and my heart goes out to all those who are suffering tremendous tragedy while the world keeps spinning...as it does indeed because life is for the living. I hope you will join me in lifting up those whose hearts are broken.

Cha bhithidh a leithid ami riamh.

A thoughtful post and easy request. My prayers will join yours. As we all do, I wish there was more we could do to prevent people facing such loss.

I'm not sure from this what your relationship is, but my condolences for your loss.

There are lots of people hurting throughout the year. I don't know of any family at one time or another who has not suffered tragedies. Holidays or not. It is a part of life. But we of faith yes can lift them up in prayer but we are also called to do more personally. If you see someone struggling, hurting, do something in love to help them. Mark 12:31- Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

G-d is to be loved above everything - above all angels, or men, or any created thing. But after G-d, amongst created things, our neighbor …And may G-d bless those who live their lives accordingly.

There are lots of people hurting throughout the year. I don't know of any family at one time or another who has not suffered tragedies. Holidays or not. It is a part of life. But we of faith yes can lift them up in prayer but we are also called to do more personally. If you see someone struggling, hurting, do something in love to help them. Mark 12:31- Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

G-d is to be loved above everything - above all angels, or men, or any created thing. But after G-d, amongst created things, our neighbor …And may G-d bless those who live their lives accordingly.

And ironically, it costs you nothing (well, okay, maybe an expenditure of pride) to treat others the way you wish to be treated.

Back
Top Bottom