• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A message from an Army Veteran to the NRA[W:45:62]

Dear NRA: we are America's warriors. We are the Armed Forces. We train with our assault rifles to defend citizens like you. You have no business picking up an assault rifle for any reason.

Whenever some idiot like Wayne Lapierre, or some bimbo like Dana loesch holds up a gun and calls him or herself a defender of freedom, that is a huge embarrassment to us. You defend nothing but the gun industry's profits. We are the true guardians of freedom.

There is no reason for anybody in this day and age to own a gun with a pistol grip, a buffer stock, or a red dot sight. These are tools designed to kill people, and we use them to kill enemies of America. You only use them to kill children in classrooms.

And forget about your little concealed carry. True men like me don't need to carry a gun around everywhere to feel big. In fact, we are NOT allowed to carry guns everywhere while on base. And we don't feel small because of that. Because we know that the best self defense is not doing stupid ****, and watching your back. And if sheet hits the fan, we are physically able to defend ourselves with our fists, unlike you fat@$$ weakling semi-men gun nuts.

Don't believe me? Just ask Senator Gary Peters from Michigan, who is a veteran and supports gun control. Or ask Jack Reed, senator from Rhode Island, graduate of motherfreaking WEST POINT, who is a staunch opponent of the NRA. Or Tammy Duckworth. Or Ruben Gallego. Or Anthony Brown. Or anyone on this list: Candidates | VoteVets.org

And you think you can overthrow the US military with your little toys. HELL TO THE MOTHERLOVIN' NO WAY! We have nuclear missiles. We have drones. If we get the order from our commander in chief to obliterate you and take your guns from your cold, dead hands, we will. And your arsenal will do nothing, since you won't even see the bunker buster coming. We already turned Atlanta to ash in 1864. We will happily do it again to protect elementary schoolchildren in classrooms around the nation.

But most of you would turn in your guns peacefully. You don't have the balls to fight. You wouldn't really die for what you believe in. Otherwise, you'd have enlisted in the military. Why didn't you, you big men? (HEAVY sarcasm there).

So when you pick up a gun, and read your little NRA propaganda, and feel like a good American, just remember that we real American heroes are not on your side.

You should probably stop using the pronoun "we." You DO NOT speak for this Army veteran, no thank you.

Please explain to me how a pistol grip is designed to kill people. Or a red dot sight. I mean, I will admit, something like an Eotech could really hurt somebody if you hit them in the head with it (Yes, I know, it's a holographic site, before you start), but I think it would be really, really difficult to kill someone with it. And most pistol grips are much to light to do any real damage.

You guys realize that the guy is banned and won't be able to answer your questions right?

Re: A message from an Army Veteran to the NRA

Actually, those who rise up in armed rebellion against the government are the ones who will be hung, not the brave men and women crushing such a rebellion to pieces. That's why George Washington praised the men who put down the Whiskey Rebellion.

And yet, he led a rebellion. Successfully.

You guys realize that the guy is banned and won't be able to answer your questions right?

You do realise that Debate is for the audience, not the debaters. Responding to a post, even if poster is now banned, is still a means of expressing one's opinion and providing input to the "audience".

Back
Top Bottom