• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A California bill could allow parents to sue social-media companies for up to $25,000 if their children become addicted to the platforms

It's a good idea to learn a bit about both sides of the issue. Here's some info many are not aware of.

OK, but who doesn’t design a product or service with the intention of making it popular? When I use YouTube it is up to me to decide how many music or ‘how to’ videos I wish to view. The same is true for DP - nobody is forcing us to read or add to its content.

Stupid. The answer to the problem is simple. If you are parent then just do like my wife and I did and that was not allowing our children to have cell phones; no social media; no unsupervised access to the internet (our ONE family computer was in the family room). We encourage our kids to play sports, to be outside, and when they were not studying or doing chores, they were in bed and asleep early.

Schools could also help by banning students from having access to their phones while in class.

In other words, responsible adults supervising and raising responsible children.

Back
Top Bottom