• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Blue State Exodus: Who Can Afford To Be A Liberal

Those bases receive federal funding, as do the research and development centers. Because California has more bases than most states, that alone will push the federal funds received much higher.
Did you notice the 2nd part?

I can afford to be a liberal.
I can see why MAGAts cannot.
They have drained their retirements all in the name of Trump.
Its a sad life they lead, but hey, if it makes them feel better to cheer that California and New York have net loses of residents, I guess it makes them just a smidge less angry, that's a bonus.

Illinois public pensioners pay state income tax when moving to red states, but not in Illinois.

Look at the housing prices in CA or NY. You can own a hut, sell it for good money and afford to buy a castle in TN or FL. Smart people take advantage of that.

Only one problem...I would then have to live in one of those states. Couldn't pay me enough to do so.

You realize that the reason housing is so high in CA is because it's apparently pretty desirable to live there....by all accounts, much more so than FL or TN based on real estate values. Remember, in order to sell your "hut" in Cali for enough to buy the castle in TN, someone else has to be willing to give you that much money. For every person moving out of a hut in Cali that actually gets it sold, that means someone else is replacing them in that hut.

Only one problem...I would then have to live in one of those states. Couldn't pay me enough to do so.

You realize that the reason housing is so high in CA is because it's apparently pretty desirable to live there....by all accounts, much more so than FL or TN based on real estate values. Remember, in order to sell your "hut" in Cali for enough to buy the castle in TN, someone else has to be willing to give you that much money. For every person moving out of a hut in Cali that actually gets it sold, that means someone else is replacing them in that hut.
It is, of course, preference.
We met people from all over in FL as well as TN. It was just an example because I have lived in both.
One of our closest neighbors now are from Oregon.

Zerohedge.

Dismissed with the usual amount of ridicule.

I'd say the overwhelming majority, yes.

Companies are leaving California. People follow.

The CA tax and regulatory structure is not business friendly.
We aren't talking overwhelming, we're talking the ONLY reason people move. Who knows why people move? I'm sure it's for more than one reason.

Did you notice the 2nd part?

California gives more in federal funding than we receive. 🤷‍♀️

These states are the ones who give more federal funds than they receive per capita (or per person). The Tax Foundation says that “84 percent of federal individual income taxes—which account for over 40 percent of federal revenue—are paid by those in the top 25 percent of the income distribution. The majority of these taxpayers live in wealthy, urban, politically “blue” areas like New York, California, and Massachusetts.”

This has many typos and missed words but it still slaps.

May people moving out of liberal shit holes to places like SC are conservative. There are lots of conservatives in states like CA and NY. They are just overwhelmed by the number of liberals, liberal media and liberal government. For example, even though Biden beat 65-35 in CA, there over 6 million votes for Trump. Thats a lot more conservatives then a lot of red states combined.

We aren't talking overwhelming, we're talking the ONLY reason people move. Who knows why people move? I'm sure it's for more than one reason.

We moved from NJ to PA because it was cheaper. Didn't like it, moved back. Had to rebuild, it was slow.

I divorced and remarried, we had a baby, my husband was from the west coast, we moved to be near them. We love it.

None of it was for work. I have always been smart and I have always been driven. I have always been able to build a presence at a job.

It's not the only reason. Things have changed with remote workers leaving crowded cities, but when companies move, people generally follow.

It's not the only reason. Things have changed with remote workers leaving crowded cities, but when companies move, people generally follow.

When companies move, the highest-up might follow.

The many, many lackeys are generally canned. They're a dime a dozen and easy to hire wherever.

Remote work is also taking off.

When companies move, the highest-up might follow.

The many, many lackeys are generally canned. They're a dime a dozen and easy to hire wherever.

Remote work is also taking off.
Many if not most companies offer to take anyone they need. Lackeys and all. The ideal would be to retain the entire workforce.

I've lived in Texas most of my adult life. I could move anywhere, but I stay here in spite of its being politically red. The cites are mostly blue, of course. But the suburbs are a pleasant place to live, and the costs are reasonable. I have my extended and growing family here - all liberals. Eventually, Texas will swing back to being blue. The coming collapse of the GOP may hasten that, and we all all be better off.

Except when they move out of country for lower foreign labor.

Except when they move out of country for lower foreign labor.
True, but I'm talking about moving to another state.

The median home price in Palo Alto is $2.9m. In Willits, it's $385k. Huge disparity within the state.

Back
Top Bottom