• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A barefoot woman was denied boarding an American Airlines flight. She jumped at agents over the counter.

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

With travel still limited during the pandemic, most headline-making airline incidents this year have been about passengers refusing to wear now-required masks on their flights. But on Sunday, a woman was denied boarding for not wearing long-required shoes.

Police say they were called to Miami International Airport by American Airlines after Brittney Mohammadi, 23, of California leapt at agents behind the counter in response to being told she could not board a flight barefoot. Mohammadi and her boyfriend Manuel Arteaga, 26, were arrested by Miami-Dade police for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

[Masks on, shoes off: People are still going barefoot on planes]

“On Sunday, September 27, two customers were denied boarding on flight 1061 with service from Miami (MIA) to Los Angeles (LAX) after attempting to board the aircraft without shoes,” a spokesperson for American Airlines told The Washington Post via email. “After being informed of our policy, the customers became irate and one attempted to strike an American team member at the gate.”
=================================================================================
Must have been stress. Equivalent policy to 'No shirt, no shoes, no service' signs in restaurants.

Damn liberals expect us to wear shoes now too?

Mohammadi told 7 News Miami, “Okay, you know what? I don’t go on the airport that often.”

Ah, well, that's allright then. Sorry to bother you ma'am.

Damn liberals expect us to wear shoes now too?

I hate wearing shoes. I would go barefoot everywhere if it was socially acceptable. I was a feral child raised on a farm though.

I hate wearing shoes. I would go barefoot everywhere if it was socially acceptable. I was a feral child raised on a farm though.
You can pick up a lot of diseases & parasites going around outside barefoot. I also once stepped on a bee, an experience that both of us did not appreciate.

You can pick up a lot of diseases & parasites going around outside barefoot. I also once stepped on a bee, an experience that both of us did not appreciate.

Meh.

I've been extremely healthy my entire life. I can't prove it but I attribute at least some of that to the fact that I'm only half-civilized. My feet are so tolerant to adversity from being barefoot that I can step over shit you wouldn't even believe without being fazed. That being said shoes are probably safer. I'll never be comfortable like that though.

Back
Top Bottom