• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A 2-Part Invalidation Of Rowe Vs. Wade

shuamort said:
Why? What makes one life more valuable than another?

In our existing murder laws it is never maintained that someone must sacrifice their own life to avoid killing another (like in self-defense). That's what this is all about for me-consistency with EXISTING murder laws, not making exceptions to human rights protections based on nothing more than the age of the victim.

aquapub said:
If you are that superficial and un-concerned with the substance of the matter, then you are probably doing us all a favor by not weighing in. :roll:

Don't you people know what SARCASM is? :roll:

freedomfighter said:
Wrong, Roe never wanted an abortion she left the state to keep her child, it was her partner [male ] who instigated the case to get her to abort, something which pro choice fail to mention, yet call anyone who wishes their partner to continue a pregnancy a misogynist.The law you cling to was instigated by a misogynist.

She definitely did want an abortion. She visited a clinic to get one, but it had closed. She then lied to her doctor, told him she had been raped, to get an abortion. She was not able to get an abortion, but she wanted one. Later she went to work in the abortion industry, at a Texas clinic.

aquapub said:
In our existing murder laws it is never maintained that someone must sacrifice their own life to avoid killing another (like in self-defense). That's what this is all about for me-consistency with EXISTING murder laws, not making exceptions to human rights protections based on nothing more than the age of the victim.
I can't find the story right now. There's a former Minnesota congressman. He was pro-life and his wife was just in this situation. She was pregnant 7 months and was in a car accident. He could save his wife but not the fetus. He chose not to save his wife and let her die instead of abortion. He had the fetus removed and placed into her arms for the open casket funeral.

shuamort said:
I can't find the story right now. There's a former Minnesota congressman. He was pro-life and his wife was just in this situation. She was pregnant 7 months and was in a car accident. He could save his wife but not the fetus. He chose not to save his wife and let her die instead of abortion. He had the fetus removed and placed into her arms for the open casket funeral.

That is just sick. If I were a man, I'd rather save my wife....she could go on to have other children.

shuamort said:

Common sense-wise, I knew this sounded wrong. So I looked, and he didn't let his wife die, she died in the accident. But he did display the fetus.

World. Class. Nut.

Quist has had to answer questions about his decision to display the fetus in an open casket after his pregnant wife, Dianne, died in a car accident in 1986: He has said it was a way for the family to grieve.

http://www.e-democracy.org/1994/other/Strib_profiles/QUIST_profile.html

tryreading said:
Common sense-wise, I knew this sounded wrong. So I looked, and he didn't let his wife die, she died in the accident. But he did display the fetus.

World. Class. Nut.

Quist has had to answer questions about his decision to display the fetus in an open casket after his pregnant wife, Dianne, died in a car accident in 1986: He has said it was a way for the family to grieve.

That is a bit creepy.

oracle25 quoted: "Scientific measurements of human abilities indicate that humans don't grow enough brainpower to fully qualify as persons until two to three years after birth. Logically, therefore, no unborn human qualifies as a person, and if actions that are called "ethical" (or not) involve matters in which people get along with each other (or don't), then unborn humans are as exempt from ethical consideration as any ordinary unwanted animal, such as an annoying fly that you might want to swat."

--and wrote: "Example number one for why christian conservatives must defeat liberal/atheist/communists."

Axismaster replied: "Hey, I'm no Christian conservative, I'm a libertarian, so don't leave me out. I am united in defeating them. Of course, when I finish them off I will get rid of the theocrats."

oracle25 responded: "Sorry, I guess this example number one for anyone who doesn't like fetuses being compared to animals."

FutureIncoming asks: "So you are against SCIENTIFIC FACT?" Or are you just against anything that reveals the stupidity of unproved dogma, such as the claims that the Earth is at the center of the Universe, and has four corners?"

shuamort commented: "But they do taste like chicken." {referring to fetuses}

oracle25 replied: "Example number two."

FutureIncoming points out: "According to those who interviewed cannibals in New Guinea last century (and who happened to live to tell the tale), humans taste like pork. The cannibal term for human flesh translates as "long pig"."

tryreading said:

World. Class. Nut.

My mistake, thanks for the catch. It was so long ago.

FutureIncoming said:
shuamort commented: "But they do taste like chicken." {referring to fetuses}

oracle25 replied: "Example number two."

FutureIncoming points out: "According to those who interviewed cannibals in New Guinea last century (and who happened to live to tell the tale), humans taste like pork. The cannibal term for human flesh translates as "long pig"."
My mistake, thanks for the catch. It was so long ago. :mrgreen:

tryreading said:
What does illegal mean? If something is illegal, and someone violates the law, there are consequences.

If abortion is illegal, and a woman has an abortion anyway, what is her punishment? I don't care about the doctor who performs the procedure, do what you want with him. How do you make the woman pay for her crime, if abortion becomes a crime?

Manslaughter 2 (1-3 years)

Axismaster said:
That is a bit creepy.
From the liitle bit I read--and I haven't looked at the link yet--I don't find that "creepy" at all. A woman could have a baby at 7 mo. and the baby could survive. It sounds like he lost two family members. Why is it strange that the one he had never seen before must remain dead in her dead womb? It seems rather logical that the "viewing" should include this "un-met" son since his "life" was part af that congressman's life and he needed to say goodbye. That is what funerals are for afterall. Are you all who find this "weird" going to dictate how a man grieves? Grief is a very intimate thing--and very personal and very basic. He has a right to CHOOSE how he wishes to grieve. Be pro-choice on that, why don't you?

Back
Top Bottom