• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

90 Days In Jail ...

Diogenes

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Not sure where to put this, but...

Athlete sentenced to 90 days for raping teenager

BOZEMAN - A former Montana State University basketball player was sentenced Monday to 90 days in jail for twice raping a 15-year-old girl, at least once when she was passed out after drinking whiskey with him.

District Judge Mike Salvagni also gave Frank Brown a six-year deferred sentence and ordered him to undergo treatment and register as a sexual offender. Brown, 21, of Las Vegas, apologized to the court, then asked to serve his jail time at a future date.

"You will not be given the privilege of making a reservation," Salvagni said. "While you're sitting over there, I want you to reflect on how serious this is."
So this jock loads an underage girl up with whiskey, then rapes her, and he gets 90 days. 90 days??!!??!!

"To reflect on how serious this is" ??!!??!!

Adding to the outrage, I see on TV today that the judge gave him more than the minimum specified in the sentencing guidelines.

90 years would be more appropriate - here in Montana our so-called "truth in sentencing" law specifies one day off for each day of "good behavior" so that cuts it in half right off the starting block. Then he's eligible for parole at half of the reduced time. If the sentence were 90 years, he could be out by his mid-forties, which would be about right - that is, after I cool off from my initial rage where a solution involving stakes, ropes and anthills comes to mind.

I have some campaigning to do....

Seems like a slap on the wrist for a serious crime. What kind of connections does this guy(the rapist) have?

it seems like he has some because this doesnt make any sense

Back
Top Bottom