• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

$7 gallon gas to meet Obama's targets for emissions?

People get used to the increase of gas prices, they always do.

From DEMOCRATS.gov

The Impact of High Fuel Prices on the American Economy and Businesses

Huh, I didn't know that tractors and farming equipment are only capable of being run on gasoline. Care to support such a position?

You're right. Many of them run on diesel, though I don't see much difference.

You're right. Many of them run on diesel, though I don't see much difference.

Diesel comes from pretty much the same stuff, so there really isn't a difference. It's still a fossil fuel.

He might have been referring to electric? Right now we don't have the technology to run an electric tractor - the battery would last about eight seconds under such a heavy load.

People get used to the increase of gas prices, they always do.

Sure, just like they're going to get used to all the other taxes imposed by the far left, like medical taxes, cap and trade taxes, VAT taxes, inflation, taxes on tanning, taxes on tobacco, exhorbitant taxes on their cell phones, etc, etc, etc.

The problem is where the people might get 'used' to them, the economy doesn't.

It is idiocy like this that is going to get them ceremoniously tossed out of office come November.

Last edited:
Excuse me. For the record have republican presidents ever raised taxes? It sounds like only Dems do that? How did Reagen turn america from a creditor nation to a debitor nation within 8 years? Am I missing something?

Excuse me. For the record have republican presidents ever raised taxes? It sounds like only Dems do that? How did Reagen turn america from a creditor nation to a debitor nation within 8 years? Am I missing something?

...with a 100% democrat controlled congress, in Reagan's case. But that being said, I do not cleave to the republicans either. In many ways they have been just as complicit in this mess.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…