• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5th Circuit grants a Texas father the right to deny his daughter access to birth contro

I'm not sure about that. But they do seem like a threat to women's rights and autonomy.

I believe they are a threat to the people of the United States. It's time for the shithole that is Texas to stop violating the 1st Amendment and women's rights.

And if the kid has an unwanted pregnancy that might have been avoided? Any good parent would allow their kid to get birth control and promote safe sex.

The plaintiff in this case knows all about unwanted pregnancy.. It's a shame the mother of the child he fathered out of wedlock had to sue him to determine parentage....

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 5.35.37 PM.png

Because we all know that without birth control they won’t have sex.

Eyeroll

Bringing unwanted children into the world seems to be a serious goal for Republicans. Sure would be nice if they put some thought into how to support them so they don’t end up the impoverished low life’s Republicans complain non stop about.

No, it doesn't. My question only required a simple yes or no. You dodged it.
Sorry, I thought you were more interested in the depth of the issue. May mistake.

Section 43.25 of the below law places the age of consent in Texas at 18. Parental notification and consent is also required by law for family planning and contraception up to age 18. So someone explain to me how facilitating statutory rape and violating the parental consent law is a good idea.

What was that about coming after birth control?
What about it?

This is not about birth control. This is about a thousand years of English and American legal precedents that says parents get to decide how their children will be raised.

When she turns 18, she can have all the birth control she wants.

I dont like it but I agree with the ruling. She's a minor.

So, dad might be in for one or a few unfortunate surprises.
I agree as well with the ruling, despite not liking it.

So dude wants his minor daughter to get knocked up?

Kinda sick, really.
there’s a lot of reasons women shouldn’t use artificial hormonal birth control.

She shouldn’t be having sex anyway and if contraception is the goal the billings method is better and less harmful

Section 43.25 of the below law places the age of consent in Texas at 18. Parental notification and consent is also required by law for family planning and contraception up to age 18. So someone explain to me how facilitating statutory rape and violating the parental consent law is a good idea.

well,

Texas law protects a young adult over the age of 17 from being prosecuted for a sex crime if four conditions are met:

1. Both parties consent to sexual relations;
  2. Neither individual is a registered sex offender;
  3. The other party is at least 14 years old; and
  4. There is not more than a three-year age gap between the two individuals.
For example, if an 18-year-old has consensual sexual relations with a 16-year-old, the Romeo and Juliet law protects the 18-year-old from prosecution. But a 20-year-old who has sex with a 16-year-old could be prosecuted because they are more than three years apart in age.

You forgot that bit, didn't you? Of course you did, you wouldn't be, you know, deliberately dishonest.

Also, the age of consent in Texas is 17, but the age for contraception is 18. Tell me that makes sense.

there’s a lot of reasons women shouldn’t use artificial hormonal birth control.

She shouldn’t be having sex anyway and if contraception is the goal the billings method is better and less harmful
Present company excepted, in what world do you think teenagers aren't going to ****?

well,

You forgot that bit, didn't you? Of course you did, you wouldn't be, you know, deliberately dishonest.

Also, the age of consent in Texas is 17, but the age for contraception is 18. Tell me that makes sense.
Well leftists are trying to ban marriage under the age of 18 while they’ve lobbied to lower age of consent everywhere. California just changed age of consent laws for the benefit of homosexuals

Back
Top Bottom