• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

52% of People Who Didn't Vote in 2016 Say They're Voting in 2020 for Biden

It's well known that Biden is currently polling significantly better than Clinton with Independents, and "hate both candidates" voters. They put Trump into office in 2016. This time, they appear to be leaning towards Biden.

And count me as one of those people who didn't vote for president in 2016, who is voting for Biden this year.

Weird stat.

Many people who voted for Hillary in 2016 may sit out this election, or vote for Kanye. Or even Trump.

Got any evidence of this assertion?

Will see.
The majority of the people polled say Biden won’t make it to the end of his first term. If people liked Harris so much why didn’t they vote for her during the campaign?
I think the black community will give Trump at least 20% of the vote. Blacks are moderate not far left. If 20% come out for trump Biden is in trouble.

A majority of the nation would still rather not have Trump.

And his stock with African American voters is in the single digits.

There’s a discrepancy in the linked article’s headline and the text of the article. Note that the text says:

“It found that 52 percent of those who did not vote in 2016, but plan on voting in 2020, are backing Biden, compared to 32 percent for Trump. A further 16 percent said they would vote for a third-party candidate.”

Note the text “but plan on voting in 2020” is missing from the headline. I don’t see anyplace in the article where they indicate what percentage of non voters plan to vote in 2020. Did I miss it?

I'm sorry, the article has more detail than the headline? And this means what?

I actually received a poll text message today, and it asked me if I would be voting to re-elect Trump or not. I had to press 1 or 2. I replied no :lol:

I have never received a text like that before

meh, data mining?

You should stop and think, 52% of the people who did not vote, one rounded out only equals 50%, so that leaves 50% elsewhere, two these are people who did not vote, some of them did not like any choices but many of them are lazy and would not have voted anyways..

52% of those who did not vote is like getting opinions on best job to work for with 52% of the never employed giving an answer, or people too lazy to get a drivers license giving an oppinion on the best car to drive.

For the most part the non voters last election are likely to be non voters this election, as only a small number did not vote out of hate of all choices, and the majoirty did not vote because they thought it was a waste of time, or they were just lazy, and if they were lazy then they will probably be lazy now.

Oh I think we're all aware that they won't all vote on the day. But if even half or a third do...

Key words, and I can't find any indication of how many people that is.

We know how many voters abstained last election: the total eligible minus the number of votes cast - I think around half off the top of my head? So the pollsters estimate that 52% of those intend to vote for Biden and 32% for Trump. Note there are no promises here.

We know how many voters abstained last election: the total eligible minus the number of votes cast - I think around half off the top of my head? So the pollsters estimate that 52% of those intend to vote for Biden and 32% for Trump. Note there are no promises here.

That's not what it says. Read it again.

We have to have a plan for that long line on voting day. Its great that we do what we can to keep people from having to stand for long periods close to others who may or may not be masked, but do we have a plan for what we do when its not avoidable? How do we make those lines safer, more comfortable more tolerable so we can keep voters in them more than an 1/2 an hour, or 1 or 2 or even 3 hours? Is there someone who can provide a mask to anyone who forgot to bring one? How do we intend to keep them hydrated if the weather is hot? paper cups with ice water or punch, maybe a snack bar! How do we intend to help them when their legs are feeling like they might give out, or their feet or their back? Can we provide a lawn chair if they are not feeling well? What can we do if they bring kids who get tired or bored?

We don't just need volunteers to transport them, we need volunteers to help keep these voters from walking off!

I actually received a poll text message today, and it asked me if I would be voting to re-elect Trump or not. I had to press 1 or 2. I replied no :lol:

I have never received a text like that before

But did they let you know your car’s warranty was about to expire?

I started getting those kinds of text messages last year before our local elections and have been getting spammed by them pretty regular. I just block the number and keep on with my day

That's not what it says. Read it again.

Look let's keep it simple - as with among potential voters, even among those who haven't voted as much, Biden has more support than Trump. That's the essence of it, no need to overanalyze.

It's no guarantee he won't squeeze through in the EC like last time, it's just another gauge out there. Anyone who entertains the fantasy that Trump is somehow more popular than Biden, or even more popular than he himself wa yesterday, needs to 'read it again'.

So about half the electorate didn't vote at all. Half of them now say they will, for Biden.

But if even a third of those who now say they will vote come out, that's tens of millions more for Biden. No wonder the GOP wants to stop people voting at all. 20% more than say they'll go for Trump. If only half of these show, it's still millions more for Biden.

Good luck with that. Biden will be lucky to get 85% of Hillary's turn out.

So about half the electorate didn't vote at all. Half of them now say they will, for Biden.

But if even a third of those who now say they will vote come out, that's tens of millions more for Biden. No wonder the GOP wants to stop people voting at all. 20% more than say they'll go for Trump. If only half of these show, it's still millions more for Biden.

Wait, so it's only a tracking poll?
No distinction and then they lead on to place the 11% lead notation, even with Trump gaining on Biden. Especially after the announcement that Harris was going to be Biden's VP?

I'm not entirely sure how much of this poll requires a grain of salt, or a truck load.

I'm just going to wait and see what the turnout is going to be when November actually comes around. Because vote turnout hasn't been above 60% for a long time now and it's been even longer since it was around 70%.

I'm just going to wait and see what the turnout is going to be when November actually comes around. Because vote turnout hasn't been above 60% for a long time now and it's been even longer since it was around 70%.

And that's fair enough, too.

But look, Trump might win the EC again - by a c*** hair again, no more - but he isn't winning the popular vote. That's what this poll, among other indicators, demonstrates.

And that's fair enough, too.

But look, Trump might win the EC again - by a c*** hair again, no more - but he isn't winning the popular vote. That's what this poll, among other indicators, demonstrates.

So he doesn't win the popular vote. That has never been an issue with these elections in the past and only now has it really become a point of contention.

The poll in of itself, is just a poll and how many of those were so horrible off the mark in 2016?

A Southern Californian poll, enough said.

Yes they do. One party puts a lot of impediments, small or large, between people and their vote being received and counted.

Everybody plays by the same rules. It's the left that wants to change the rules.

I wonder why?(LOL)

because the precious and Renfield vote by mail, of course. Don't you want to be more like them?

Last edited:
Will see.
The majority of the people polled say Biden won’t make it to the end of his first term. If people liked Harris so much why didn’t they vote for her during the campaign?
People may not want a Harris presidency.
I think the black community will give Trump at least 20% of the vote. Blacks are moderate not far left. If 20% come out for trump Biden is in trouble.

5% of polled African Americans say they support Trump. 83% think Trump is racist. I highly highly doubt he will get 20% of the African American vote.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ump-has-done-black-americans-black-americans/

Back
Top Bottom