• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

500,000 Impeach Obama Signs Found in Back of Dumpster Behind RNC

Bob N

Weekend Political Pundit
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
539205d07cead.preview-620.jpg
On Thursday half a million “IMPEACH OBAMA FOR LEAVING AN AMERICAN BEHIND IN AFGHANISTAN” signs were found by sanitation workers next to a dumpster behind the Washington-based headquarters of the Republican National Committee.

G.O.P. chairman Rence Priebus said," We know nothing about the litter found in the alley behind our national office. We suspect this is part of an orchestrated mainstream media smear campaign. For the record, we are opposed to littering."

Come on Mr. Priebus. A half a million placards in a dumpster behind the RNC in Washington and someone is setting you up? I find it hard to buy that bridge in Brooklyn. :roll:

Last edited:
um ... you're not aware that it was a parody?
Oh well. My bad. The way it looked it appeared to me as an actual news article. Thanks.

Maybe it is genuine and placed to appear a parody.

Maybe it was a lie and was designed to look real and to smear the republican party. But it sounds much better when it smears your enemy

um ... you're not aware that it was a parody?
Yup, an exaggeration of the truth. There were Republicans who were calling for the 5-1 release when they thought President Obama would not do it, then they switched sides when he did. John McCain was one of them.

Why is this an issue exactly?

This is as stupid as that time a bunch of flags was found in the trash and everyone got a stick up their butt about it a few years back.

Yup, an exaggeration of the truth. There were Republicans who were calling for the 5-1 release when they thought President Obama would not do it, then they switched sides when he did. John McCain was one of them.

I believe you're right.
John McCain did seem to show approval of a swap like that.
Although I suppose he'd suggest a distinction of some kind when asked about it.
You know, play games ... parse words.
Like "served with honor and distinction" means "enlisted".

But re John McCain, anyone who has observed McCain has noticed that his eagerness to be labeled by the media as bi-partisan has made him do stupid things ... e.g. McCain/Feingold.

Maybe it is genuine and placed to appear a parody.
Despite appearances as genuine you can tell it wasn't because:
(1) it was created by a humor opinion writer and
(2) it was carried by his AZ paper and a bunch of left-wing sources who didn't make much of an effort to identify it as parody.

539205d07cead.preview-620.jpg

Come on Mr. Priebus. A half a million placards in a dumpster behind the RNC in Washington and someone is setting you up? I find it hard to buy that bridge in Brooklyn. :roll:

This paper was the contents from the accident posted within this thread, lol

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...0-semi-driver-cited-after-dan-ryan-crash.html

The lanes were blocked Tuesday afternoon after a semi-truck, a bus and another tractor trailer truck collided, dumping thousands of papers and debris along the roadway.

Outbound Dan Ryan Reopens Following Three-Vehicle Crash | NBC Chicago

Back
Top Bottom