• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister" And Gun Regulation[W:175]

Re: "5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister" And Gun Regulation

What the hell are people thinking giving a gun to a kid?

From the article:

"Riddle said her granddaughter enjoyed singing and playing outdoors, and she loved her brother.

"It's just tragic," uncle David Mann told the CNN affiliate. "It's something that you can't prepare for."

Riddle said she is devastated, but comforted knowing that her granddaughter is in a better place.

"It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess," she told WLEX. "I just know she's in heaven right now and I know she's in good hands with the Lord."

Sorry Granny, the "It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess." just doesn't cut it!

Re: "5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister" And Gun Regulation

Too young, too stupid of a family, and too much of a tragedy.

I wouldn't make wider arguments than this.

Sorry Granny, the "It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess." just doesn't cut it!

This is what you get once the brain is infected with religion.

5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister - CNN.com

Does it take a good 2 year old with a gun to stop a bad 5 year old with a gun?

Or "Guns don't kill people, 5 year olds kill their little sisters"?

This isn't baiting, it's just the stance gun owners have taken in the gun debate which clearly doesn't apply to this case. I simply stated this to make a bigger point, and I have more points. It pretty much puts these straw man troll, bias arguments to rest.

So should we "punish" other 5 year olds with guns with a gun safety course just because there was one bad apple?

This really kind of breaks it down doesn't it? I understand the selfish perspective that "I'm a good person, don't punish me for what others do" but I also don't ignore the fact that I was raised different and if others had the Rights I deserve it might put my family in danger.

Gun Regulation/Control does not mean Gun Confiscation. In fact most think that a lack of Regulation will actually end in Confiscation.

So the question is this;

Do you oppose a mandatory gun safety course (different for all guns, of different dangers). The course would probably have boring video's of incidents like this. To most it would be common sense but like everyone says, "common sense is different for different people"

Because no matter what the responses are.....that 2 year old had Rights too, not just the 5 year old gunner.

I have handled guns since I was seven and the only thing shot to pieces by me is not my twin brother or younger sister, but sticks thrown in a pond or a target. the safety course for me was a five minute talk with my dad about mainly two rules; not pointing a gun at anyone even if it is on safety , and always treat it as if its loaded . Your example of how guns are "evil" is of a gun owner who should have locked up his/her guns but for whatever reason didn't and probably hadn't been talked to like my dad talked to me. It is a better example of BAD PARENTING.

This is what you get once the brain is infected with religion.

You also get moral values

I have handled guns since I was seven and the only thing shot to pieces by me is not my twin brother or younger sister, but sticks thrown in a pond or a target. the safety course for me was a five minute talk with my dad about mainly two rules; not pointing a gun at anyone even if it is on safety , and always treat it as if its loaded . Your example of how guns are "evil" is of a gun owner who should have locked up his/her guns but for whatever reason didn't and probably hadn't been talked to like my dad talked to me. It is a better example of BAD PARENTING.

I think this goes far beyond bad parenting into the realm of criminal neglect!

I think this goes far beyond bad parenting into the realm of criminal neglect!

It doesn't make you a criminal to be unwise, if that would be the case our president would be a criminal

It doesn't make you a criminal to be unwise, if that would be the case our president would be a criminal

Many consider providing the means and the opportunity for your child to be in harms way to be criminal neglect.

Many consider providing the means and the opportunity for your child to be in harms way to be criminal neglect.

I'm pretty sure the parent was too careless to keep a gun in a safe , I think it would be criminal neglect if the parent gave the gun to the five year old to shoot his younger sister

5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister - CNN.com

Does it take a good 2 year old with a gun to stop a bad 5 year old with a gun?

Or "Guns don't kill people, 5 year olds kill their little sisters"?

This isn't baiting, it's just the stance gun owners have taken in the gun debate which clearly doesn't apply to this case. I simply stated this to make a bigger point, and I have more points. It pretty much puts these straw man troll, bias arguments to rest.

So should we "punish" other 5 year olds with guns with a gun safety course just because there was one bad apple?

This really kind of breaks it down doesn't it? I understand the selfish perspective that "I'm a good person, don't punish me for what others do" but I also don't ignore the fact that I was raised different and if others had the Rights I deserve it might put my family in danger.

Gun Regulation/Control does not mean Gun Confiscation. In fact most think that a lack of Regulation will actually end in Confiscation.

So the question is this;

Do you oppose a mandatory gun safety course (different for all guns, of different dangers). The course would probably have boring video's of incidents like this. To most it would be common sense but like everyone says, "common sense is different for different people"

Because no matter what the responses are.....that 2 year old had Rights too, not just the 5 year old gunner.

You know a lot of two year olds die in car wrecks too.
Better outlaw cars

Some drown.
Obviously we need laws preventing water in the home that is deeper than an inch for any purpose.

Children die in playground accidents.
The should never be allowed out of their padded rooms.

Some are electrocuted.
Ban house current.

Many children never reach tow years old because Mommy decided that they were a bother before they were born and had them snuffed.

There is one way to keep kids completely safe. Don't have any..

Then the diminishing number of geriatric criminals will be free to prey upon their elderly and unarmed victims the the Leftist Utopia.

You also get moral values

You mean like raping little boys, burning innocent people at the stake and flying planes into buildings? Those Moral values.

You mean like raping little boys, burning innocent people at the stake and flying planes into buildings? Those Moral values.

I think that only goes for Muslims but they don't count I mean Christians and almost any nonviolent religion

Every once in a while I'm tempted to do "spin drills" with the pistol just to see if I could pull them off, then I go back to my old saying "with my luck I'd either forget to do a chamber check or have a floater and end up doing something stupid". Those parents are most likely hurting, and more than likely will face some form of negligence charges but that is a horrid lesson to learn about safe storage. What I hate is the sick and frankly amateurish political tactic of parading these unfortunate incidents out for emotional points for the gun control agenda.

I heard an instructor the other day tell his group that one of the most common ways someone shoots themselves by accident with a gun is when he's practicing draws and doesn't take his finger off the trigger as he puts it back in the holster.

I get that, but I have a 5 and 2 year old. No gun safety course is going to show them the actual repercussions of mishandling a gun. They just don't have the capacity to understand it.

If you tell them not to do something will they listen?

I think that only goes for Muslims but they don't count I mean Christians and almost any nonviolent religion

Actually raping little boys is a Catholic cliché and it was the Christians that burned people at the stake. The inquisition was non-violent?

I heard an instructor the other day tell his group that one of the most common ways someone shoots themselves by accident with a gun is when he's practicing draws and doesn't take his finger off the trigger as he puts it back in the holster.

The safety is supposed to prevent that from happening.

So you are supposed to flick on the safety before returning it to the holster?

Actually raping little boys is a Catholic cliché and it was the Christian that burned people at the stake.

Burning people at the stake had to do with witch hunts and if you are referring to that time where people became priests and raped children, the Catholic Church does not believe in that and they put up more security to make sure no more people try to do that.

So you are supposed to flick on the safety before returning it to the holster?

Yes you are.....that's why it's called a safety so it doesn't accidentally go off in your holster or wherever.

Burning at the stake for heresy was commonplace, and much in evidence during the Spanish Inquisition. (2,000 in the first ten years alone.)

No. The safety is for handling the weapon. You never put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire. Firearms 101. I have guns with no safety. Revolvers have no safety. Neither do Glocks. SO again, no.

Burning at the stake for heresy was commonplace, and much in evidence during the Spanish Inquisition. (2,000 in the first ten years alone.)

Yes because Christians are still doing that today. Burning witches etc. Not like it happened a long, long time ago. :roll:

And in other news, millions of other four year olds who live in households with guns did not shoot anyone. **** happens, and you're wasting bandwidth.

The more households with guns available to kids, the greater the odds of a tragedy. Luckily that number is decreasing.

Yes you are.....that's why it's called a safety so it doesn't accidentally go off in your holster or wherever.

So then when I quick draw I have to flick off the safety before I can pull the trigger?

Back
Top Bottom