• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

4-Star general Thomas MacInerney demands Kerry resignation

easyt65

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
General McInerney called Kerry's comments 'dispicable', and said when given the chance to apologize by saying he had mispoken, 'which he could have easiluy have done, he only dug the whole deeper!'

McInerneny pointed out that our military is the greatest in the history of mankind and that Kerry's remarks insulting our troops and dishonoring our dead in the midst of a war was an unforgivable betrayal of our men and women in combat. He stated that enough is enough and that there should be an immediate demand for Kerry to resign!

:rofl Yeah, like THAT is gonna happen! A GOP senator writes a dirty e-mail and is forced to resign while a Lib who actually had sex with an under-aged page gets to keep his job! Like kids on a playground, Pelosi, Reid, and Kerry dance around singing:

"I am rubber,
You are glue,
bounces off me,
& Sticks on YOU!"

Its about time we jerk these kids back in line by meteing out the punishment that is long overdue! Kerry SHOULD Re-sign, though the chicken-sh!t, gutless-political wonder will never do it!

While Kerry is personally reporting that he is canceling his own campaign trips and returning to Washington today, the REAL story is being reported now that everyone he was going to campaign for has told him to STAY AWAY!

If his own party doesn't want him anymore after this, the American people should follow suit and demand his resignation!

Gag me with a f**king spoon! :roll:

If you really want to gag, just turn on the TV and listen to Kerry insult our troops or the rabid liberals who are defending Kerry by attacking and blaming everyone else instead of demanding Kerry take responsibility for his actions, as the DNC has demanded the GOP do!

What is amazing is that the majority of the DNC has condemned Kerry for his comments and have demanded an apology yet there are still rabid partisan liberals who break from even their own party and cling to attacking and blamiong others!

easyt65 said:
If you really want to gag, just turn on the TV and listen to Kerry insult our troops or the rabid liberals who are defending Kerry by attacking and blaming everyone else instead of demanding Kerry take responsibility for his actions, as the DNC has demanded the GOP do!

What is amazing is that the majority of the DNC has condemned Kerry for his comments and have demanded an apology yet there are still rabid partisan liberals who break from even their own party and cling to attacking and blamiong others!

What? Not all the democrats agree on this topic? What kind of world do we live in? *major sarcasm*

While I agree with the General's sentiment, I think that he's out of line, IMO. He should not be making these kind of public statements as a ranking member of our military.

faithful_servant said:
While I agree with the General's sentiment, I think that he's out of line, IMO. He should not be making these kind of public statements as a ranking member of our military.

Oh, I don't know. When someone supposedly serving the public insults the troops, I see no problem with a member of the armed forces firing back.

Kelzie said:
Oh, I don't know. When someone supposedly serving the public insults the troops, I see no problem with a member of the armed forces firing back.
Unfortunately it does not work that way - when we join, we sacrifice some of the personal freedosm we fight to protect for others.

easyt65 said:
Unfortunately it does not work that way - when we join, we sacrifice some of the personal freedosm we fight to protect for others.

So wait...you don't think he should have demanded Kerry's resignation now?

Where's the link to the story? I can't find anything about this on the web.

In 2004, he was a Lieutenant General. Did he really make it to a four-star general in 2 years?

I still can't find where this Lt. General has asked for Kerry to resign.

Last edited:
Kelzie said:

Fire back, definitely. Ask for the resignation of a duly elected representative of the people of his state? No way. I mean, go ahead, but don't expect to be taken seriously. Its bluster and spin.

Dezaad said:
Fire back, definitely. Ask for the resignation of a duly elected representative of the people of his state? No way. I mean, go ahead, but don't expect to be taken seriously. Its bluster and spin.

Well sure it might not happen, but I see no reason he can't ask for it. It's not like this is some military regime where the general asking would mean Kerry would be discovered in a ditch somewhere. He's just expressing his opinion.

faithful_servant said:

He is retired my friend.........

Kelzie said:
Well sure it might not happen, but I see no reason he can't ask for it. It's not like this is some military regime where the general asking would mean Kerry would be discovered in a ditch somewhere. He's just expressing his opinion.

I didn't mean to give the impression that I thought "The Military" was asking for his resignation. I just think that asking for his resignation is over the top. I don't think that the statement warrants having Kerry resign. Apologize in some fashion, probably, resign - definitely not.

(Don't be thinking that I like Kerry. I don't. )

If anyone should resign, it is the people who got us 'stuck' in Iraq in the first place, not the people who make a mess of pointing out that we ARE stuck.

Dezaad said:
I didn't mean to give the impression that I thought "The Military" was asking for his resignation. I just think that asking for his resignation is over the top. I don't think that the statement warrants having Kerry resign. Apologize in some fashion, probably, resign - definitely not.

If anyone should resign, it is the people who got us 'stuck' in Iraq in the first place, not the people who make a mess of pointing out that we ARE stuck.

Meh. He's a flaky politician who said something stupid. Everyone will freak out over it for a few days and then move on. He's already apologized. Course the fact that he waited so long kinda takes some of the meaning out of it. Politicians are all yucky.

Dezaad said:

If anyone should resign, it is the people who got us 'stuck' in Iraq in the first place, not the people who make a mess of pointing out that we ARE stuck.[/

Kerry voted for the war so he should resign?:rofl

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
Dezaad said:

Kerry voted for the war so he should resign?:rofl

Yes, he did, along with alot of other Representatives. But, he isn't running the show over there. The people who got us 'stuck' there are the people in the administration. Now, I do think that Kerry stupidly trusted the administration to be honest with Congress. If you want to ask for his resignation based on THAT, I am all ears.

Dezaad said:
Yes, he did, along with alot of other Representatives. But, he isn't running the show over there. The people who got us 'stuck' there are the people in the administration. Now, I do think that Kerry stupidly trusted the administration to be honest with Congress. If you want to ask for his resignation based on THAT, I am all ears.

He should not have voted for the war if he did not believe his vote was the right thing..........

Navy Pride said:
He should not have voted for the war if he did not believe his vote was the right thing..........

As I indicated, I think he did think his vote was the right thing, because he stupidly trusted the administration to be honest about Iraq.

But, that is beside the point, unless you're going to ask for his resignation based on the stupidity that that represents. The point is that he is not the one who is incompetently running the war. He has very little power to change how things are being done. It is the administration that has gotten us 'stuck' in Iraq. So my original point stands:

Dezaad said:

What would be better is if Bush and Kerry resigned. How long would dick last?

How many retired generals have asked for Rumsfield's resignation?

easyt65 said:
General McInerney called Kerry's comments 'dispicable', and said when given the chance to apologize by saying he had mispoken, 'which he could have easiluy have done, he only dug the whole deeper!'

A Fox News commentator slamming a Dem. What a shock!
Yawn...

Kelzie said:
So wait...you don't think he should have demanded Kerry's resignation now?
No, I don't. What he should have done is addressed the Senator's statement with facts and shown Sen Kerry's asinine comments for what they truly are. The General is sworn to protect this country and it's gov't, by making a public statement like this, he is violating the spirit of that promise.

faithful_servant said:
No, I don't. What he should have done is addressed the Senator's statement with facts and shown Sen Kerry's asinine comments for what they truly are. The General is sworn to protect this country and it's gov't, by making a public statement like this, he is violating the spirit of that promise.

I would agree with you if he was still actively serving. However, he is retired, thus he can express whatever opinion he likes now.

Navy Pride said:
He is retired my friend.........
If that's the case, then he every right to make this statement and as publically as wants to. A standing officer is one thing, but a retired one is a horse of a different color.

hipsterdufus said:
A Fox News commentator slamming a Dem. What a shock!
Yawn...

What IS a shock is when his fellow Democrats are joining McInerney in slamming him and on the verge of doing the same in order to save the up-coming election!

Back
Top Bottom