• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

3rd Russian General Killed in Action.

maxparrish

Conservatarian
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
So, the following means that if you are one of the 20 Russian generals in Ukraine, you have a 1 in 7 chance of being killed over just two weeks.
Stay a month, the odds are 1 in 3.5 chance. In 2 months better than 50 50 chance you will die. Stay 4 months, and it is almost certain you will be dead.

Wow. At this rate every Russian general, 20 of them, will be dead in 4 months of operations.

A third Russian major general has been killed as the Ukrainian resistance continues to frustrate Vladimir Putin's invasion, a western official said on Friday.

The death of Major General Andrei Kolesnikov of the 29th Combined Arms Army is another blow to Russian forces who have been plagued by tactical errors and surprised by the Ukrainian fighting spirit, according to western officials.

It follows the killings of Maj Gen Vitaly Gerasimov, chief of staff of the 41st Army, who died outside Kharkiv, along with other senior officers and Maj Gen Andrei Sukhovetsky.

About 20 Russian Major Generals are believed to be taking part in the invasion.

But the latest fatality is thought to mean as many Russian Major Generals have been killed in Ukraine in just 15 days than during the entire Syrian civil war, during which Russia propped up the Assad regime.

You have to hand it to these Ukrainians, they're putting up a fight.

Yep. Putin isn't the only one who miscalculated the Ukrainians, so did the US Pentagon who didn't give them a shot. (My prediction was 6 weeks...based on Poles holdout against Germans in Warsaw).

I wonder why the military "experts" can never figure whether a people will resist? They miscalculated Afghanistan will to fight, Ukraine will and ability, and the Russian ability and will to fight.

3rd Russian General Killed in Action.​

It seems like they're doing quite well. From the time we started supplying the Mujahideen with shoulder launch anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles in Afghanistan in 1986, it took three years - 'til 1989 - for the Russians to realize the costs of their occupation in blood and treasure was far too much to pay - and that was without the global condemnation and crippling sanctions Russia is under today.

While I still expect this war to get much worse before it gets better, if we're lucky, Putin's attempt to occupy Ukraine will end before the year is out.

So, the following means that if you are one of the 20 Russian generals in Ukraine, you have a 1 in 7 chance of being killed over just two weeks.
Stay a month, the odds are 1 in 3.5 chance. In 2 months better than 50 50 chance you will die. Stay 4 months, and it is almost certain you will be dead.

Wow. At this rate every Russian general, 20 of them, will be dead in 4 months of operations.

A third Russian major general has been killed as the Ukrainian resistance continues to frustrate Vladimir Putin's invasion, a western official said on Friday.

The death of Major General Andrei Kolesnikov of the 29th Combined Arms Army is another blow to Russian forces who have been plagued by tactical errors and surprised by the Ukrainian fighting spirit, according to western officials.

It follows the killings of Maj Gen Vitaly Gerasimov, chief of staff of the 41st Army, who died outside Kharkiv, along with other senior officers and Maj Gen Andrei Sukhovetsky.

But the latest fatality is thought to mean as many Russian Major Generals have been killed in Ukraine in just 15 days than during the entire Syrian civil war, during which Russia propped up the Assad regime.

If its true... I have 100 percent support for Ukraine but the stuff coming out of Ukraine is hard to verify.

3rd Russian General Killed in Action.​

It seems like they're doing quite well. From the time we started supplying the Mujahideen with shoulder launch anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles in Afghanistan in 1986, it took three years - 'til 1989 - for the Russians to realize the costs of their occupation in blood and treasure was far too much to pay - and that was without the global condemnation and crippling sanctions Russia is under today.

While I still expect this war to get much worse before it gets better, if we're lucky, Putin's attempt to occupy Ukraine will end before the year is out.
Yes quite well considering but they are paying a terrible price in doing so. At least the Russians are also paying a terrible price. I wish there was more we could do for the Ukrainians instead of staying on the sidelines as far as direct participation. It's a conundrum.

On the Fake News front .

If you believe obvious nonsense like that you missed the news that the engaging Mr P promoted 17 dead conscripts to Major General status yesterday to further confuse the Neo Nazis and Mercenaries .

Yes quite well considering but they are paying a terrible price in doing so. At least the Russians are also paying a terrible price. I wish there was more we could do for the Ukrainians instead of staying on the sidelines as far as direct participation. It's a conundrum.
We can, all of us, support humanitarian aid. With most of the world opposing Putin's folly, there's no reason why any Ukrainian should go without essentials - especially first aid and healthcare needs. They should have an absolute glut of everything from bandages to Morphine, and any NGO that serves in Ukraine should be overflowing with donations.

We can, all of us, support humanitarian aid. With most of the world opposing Putin's folly, there's no reason why any Ukrainian should go without essentials - especially first aid and healthcare needs. They should have an absolute glut of everything from bandages to Morphine, and any NGO that serves in Ukraine should be overflowing with donations.
Still trying to decide who to donate to. Am leaning towards Doctors without Borders. I see they are there. Thoughts?

Still trying to decide who to donate to. Am leaning towards Doctors without Borders. I see they are there. Thoughts?
There are many good ones, but MSF are always a great choice. They are amazing, competent people. I know one American MSF volunteer doctor from my neighborhood who I met after he came home from the Ebola crisis some years back. They are fearless, focused, they know why they are there, and they can have a real impact on Ukrainian morale.

There are many good ones, but MSF are always a great choice. They are amazing, competent people. I know one American MSF volunteer doctor from my neighborhood who I met after he came home from the Ebola crisis some years back. They are fearless, focused, they know why they are there, and they can have a real impact on Ukrainian morale.
Then that will be the one! My mother has a friend who's daughter graduated from Harvard Medical School that has participated in Doctors Without Borders.

1647129736706.png

Back
Top Bottom