• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

372 Pages We'll Never Get Back

jmotivator

Computer Gaming Nerd
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I think I mentioned this podcast elsewhere, but figured I'd start a thread for it.

"372 Pages We'll Never Get Back" (372 Pages) is a podcast by MST3K alum Michael J. Nelson, along with cohost Conor Lastowka (writer for Rifftrax) and is essentially the MST3K of book clubs.

Mike and Connor put out an episode every couple of weeks where they talk their way through very bad books, book club style.

Each episode is between 1 and 3 hours (they get longer as the series goes on), and have added some rather entertaining features in their podcasts.

The name "372 Pages We'll Never Get Back" refers to the length of the novel "Ready Player One", the first book the did in the series back in... 2017. In the years that followed they have completed 27 books spanning 164 episodes.

This podcast has been largely my podcast to fall asleep to, it's soothing and funny and each episode is long enough that it takes me a few nights to get through.

One of the better features is titled "Real of Fan Fic" where members who are reading along with (or ahead of) the podcast will submit either real absurd passages from the current book, or write their own, and Mike has to guess whether the quotes are real. This task can get rather difficult with the crazier books.

My favorite (most absurd?) books from the Podcast (In no particular order):

Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff - a peak into the crazy brain of Sean Penn through the eyes of a serial killer of senior citizens.

Antigua: The Magical Land of Fairies, Wizards and Heroes - no.. not that Antigua

Digital Fortress - Dan Brown is an idiot and will always be a mystery how he became so popular. This High Tech mystery has the most absurd reveal of any book pretty much ever.

Trucking Through Time - This is a rather endearing book that is both absurd and fun. Two truck drivers accidentally go back in time and make friends and whoopie with native Americans.

The Adventures of the Teen Archaeologists: The Land of the Moepek - From the authors of Antigua, more of the same insanity where you can solve most problems by throwing people into trees.

Back
Top Bottom