• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2nd grand jury won't indict Tucson officer who shot, killed man in wheelchair

It means you don't know what you're talking about and so you should sit down and be quiet.

I am sat down and it's the middle of the night here so I'm quiet anyway so I don't wake people.

If you mean I should stop posting then unfortunately you don't get to make that demand of anyone on here.

I am sat down and it's the middle of the night here so I'm quiet anyway so I don't wake people.

If you mean I should stop posting then unfortunately you don't get to make that demand of anyone on here.
I'm not demanding. I'm telling. You don't know what you're talking about.

I'm not demanding. I'm telling. You don't know what you're talking about.

Even if I didn't you don't have the ability to make me stop posting.
Put me on ignore if you find me so outrageous.

Even if I didn't you don't have the ability to make me stop posting.
Put me on ignore if you find me so outrageous.
No, I'd rather mock your idiotic ideas. You can have SOPs but there is always going to be judgement calls in the middle of something. Once conflict starts, you can't know what will happen.

No, I'd rather mock your idiotic ideas. You can have SOPs but there is always going to be judgement calls in the middle of something. Once conflict starts, you can't know what will happen.

So European police are idiotic are they?

Oh looky, you made a Trump funny. I'm sure a leftist circle jerk will ensue of this as usual.

Getting mad because your side followed and supported a known liar and traitor will not help here.

Just stop.

European police would get their lunch ate in certain parts of US cities.

How does that stop them having rules of engagement?
You seem determined to have as little police oversight as possible.

You seem determined to have as little police oversight as possible.
Because it would change real quick for them once they start dying.

What in the hell is wrong with this case? (I've watched several of the videos out there but are we missing some element presented to these grand juries that we are not getting?)

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/2...son-officer-who-shot-killed-man-in-wheelchair

I have no idea what other evidence was showed to this Grand Jury but it's beyond me how they could have issued a "no bill". This cop, based on the available video, flat out executed the scooter guy. There was ZERO imminent threat of death or grave bodily harm to the cops or to anyone in the immediate vicinity.

If you want to see video of the actual incident it's available on YouTube but I suspect that posting a link here violate the rules. Just plug "Ryan Remington" into the YouTube search if you feel like having a look,

You need to sit through about five clips before you get to the news clip where its reported that a man had been stabbed at another site, and the stabber was brandishing a knife.

This is why I hate bulk, instant news. Without some interpretation the die is case, minds are set, the officer is a killer.

As a reporter we came across 'bad cop' stories all the time. When I move here there was a habit to report them and forget them until charges or whatever. I like cops and they were right so I made it my cause that if we told the story of accusation, we also had to cover if and when the cop was cleared. I did a fair amount under 100 cases. Twice, I found with the evidence, the police erred, but nothing like the accusation.

I dont play armchair quarterback with grand jury and jury decisions, well I do in that I do not like some jury decisions, but I've found that people involved in the proceedings know more than the public and theres no point in me emoting about it anyway. I wont watch a clip and then decide the case, its really not the general publics job to do that.

It's pretty hard to see how someone in a wheelchair could get away from the police and if they could have just followed him.

The issue there was that he was leaving the open parking lot area and entering into a store where there would have been a lot of innocent bystanders nearby. And he had already threatened people with his knife.

So exactly how many people do you want him to go near, when he had already threatened others?

And I can only assume if you had been in that store and he decided to cut you with the knife, then that would also be the fault of the cops for not stopping him.

Actually, those cops were following standard ROE.

He had previously threatened to stab unarmed civilians.

He ignored all demands to stop or drop the knife.

Now so long as he was in an open parking lot with nobody near, that was fine. He could roll around there all night long, and the cops would have just followed him.

But the moment he started to enter into another store with other patrons and employees, that drastically changed the situation. There likely would have been as many as a hundred other victims and hostages there (or more), and he had to be stopped there outside before he put anybody else at risk.

Back
Top Bottom