• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

27 Year Old Caught With 26 Pounds Of Cocaine

donhughesmusic

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

I can't believe how many people who are transporting drugs get caught because of a bad taillight or speeding or illegal tint. If I am doing that kind of thing, you can be sure I'm driving the speed limit, car inspected, etc..

I guess they only catch the dumb ones.

I 0can't believe how many people who are transporting drugs get caught because of a bad taillight or speeding or illegal tint. If I am doing that kind of thing, you can be sure I'm driving the speed limit, car inspected, etc..

Part of it is that traffic laws are written so that pretty much anyone can be pulled over for something at any time. Makes getting a warrant generally superfluous when someone steps into a vehicle.

I mean, sure, plenty of couriers aren't so bright and do things like smoke a blunt as they're going along. But an awful lot of these? Yeah, the stop has absolutely nothing to do with with traffic laws.

Why do you think so many transcripts in suppression hearings and criminal cases include police statements about how, when they approached a person/vehicle, the "corner of a baggie" was conveniently "sticking out" from something?

Answer: BS traffic offense used to pull over car. Car illegally searched. If no drugs were found they'd have sent the people on their way (what, they gonna sue for an illegal stop when no one was beaten to a pulp? Hah! You'd have shit luck even if you were beaten to a pulp thanks to immunities).

If drugs are found, they just make up some more BS that puts the drugs in the area of law known as "plain view". ie, the cop is allowed to stand outside your window because of the BS traffic stop, and anything in plain view is fair game. Naturally, anything not in plain view in reality becomes in plain view in the telling, if the search is ever challenged.

Meanwhile, the populace doesn't care. Shouting love of the constitution is a lot easier than letting people who really were a'criming go free, so amendments like the 4th tend to mean a whole lot more on paper than in practice. Anyone gonna care whether or not this particular stop and search was legit? Nope. She had 27 pounds of drugs. To many, the constitution only protects "law-abiding citizens". . . . which is the opposite of its point, but what can you do?

🤷

I can't believe how many people who are transporting drugs get caught because of a bad taillight or speeding or illegal tint. If I am doing that kind of thing, you can be sure I'm driving the speed limit, car inspected, etc..

Found it outside a window in Mar-a-Lago. "just kidding."

Part of it is that traffic laws are written so that pretty much anyone can be pulled over for something at any time. Makes getting a warrant generally superfluous when someone steps into a vehicle.

Yes, and that's intentional.
Why do you think so many transcripts in suppression hearings and criminal cases include police statements about how, when they approached a person/vehicle, the "corner of a baggie" was conveniently "sticking out" from something?

Answer: BS traffic offense used to pull over car. Car illegally searched. If no drugs were found they'd have sent the people on their way (what, they gonna sue for an illegal stop when no one was beaten to a pulp? Hah! You'd have shit luck even if you were beaten to a pulp thanks to immunities).

If drugs are found, they just make up some more BS that puts the drugs in the area of law known as "plain view". ie, the cop is allowed to stand outside your window because of the BS traffic stop, and anything in plain view is fair game. Naturally, anything not in plain view in reality becomes in plain view in the telling, if the search is ever challenged.

This is the "rule of law" we often hear about but never actually witness.

Meanwhile, the populace doesn't care. Shouting love of the constitution is a lot easier than letting people who really were a'criming go free, so amendments like the 4th tend to mean a whole lot more on paper than in practice. Anyone gonna care whether or not this particular stop and search was legit? Nope. She had 27 pounds of drugs. To many, the constitution only protects "law-abiding citizens". . . . which is the opposite of its point, but what can you do?

🤷

You can start by acknowledging that the state is nothing more than a large criminal organization. You've given enough evidence just in this one post, and this one post is the tiny tip of the iceberg.

Cut her a some slack, she was going to mail that to Brittney to help her past the time. 10 years is a loooong time.

Why worry? Some liberal prosecutor of judge will turn them loose.

I mean, sure, plenty of couriers aren't so bright and do things like smoke a blunt as they're going along. But an awful lot of these? Yeah, the stop has absolutely nothing to do with with traffic laws.

🤷
The runaway illegal drug trafficking needs extraordinary measures.

The runaway illegal drug trafficking needs extraordinary measures.

Even the death penalty has not deterred the drug trade. The question isn't whether a solution makes you feel righteous. It's whether it is the least worst solution.

Or perhaps your criminal clients lie to you about where the drugs were?
Even the death penalty has not deterred the drug trade.
Countries that have the death penalty for drug trafficking generally have very low rates of it.

Check Clint Eastwood's last movie.

You are planning on how to not get caught?

This type of arrest is crap. She was pulled over a tinted window. Everybody should be against cops using a traffic stop as an excuse to find more stuff to use against you. Far too many innocent people are hurt by this to justify it. Write her her ticket and let her go.

I'm waiting for the 'released on cashless bail' on this case.

Suddenly Conservatives in the thread forgot about Trump and defund the FBI....
Blaming Democrats for crime, when it's Republican administrations that have some 80 criminals vs what...1 in the Bill Clinton era?

Republicans and Conservatives are so lost...running in circles with their lies. People saw through it after 4 years of Trump. You guys think people can't see through your nonsense? Trump was lightning in a bottle...once in a lifetime charismatic liar. The rest of you lot can't pull it off.

This type of arrest is crap. She was pulled over a tinted window. Everybody should be against cops using a traffic stop as an excuse to find more stuff to use against you. Far too many innocent people are hurt by this to justify it. Write her her ticket and let her go.

Which "innocent" person was hurt by this arrest?

Or perhaps your criminal clients lie to you about where the drugs were?

Countries that have the death penalty for drug trafficking generally have very low rates of it.
Those who are trafficking in drugs are murdering thousands of people because of overdoses. It's murder and the law should treat it as murder. The criminal justice system in this country has been ruined by liberal marxist democrats who have been preaching that the criminals are the victims. We need to go back to punishing the criminal with appropriate sentencing and not turning them loose over and over. As we are now, the criminals don't fear penalties because the liberal judges, prosecutors and politicians don't want to enforce laws.

Anyone committing such drug related offenses are DUMB whether they get caught or not.

Back
Top Bottom