• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2024 Senate Elections

Jay59

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The Democrats still have a chance to hold onto a Senate majority due to a very favorable map. Republicans had to defend half again as many seats--21 - 14.

That will flip in two years. These are the seats as of today.

Class-1-2024-Senate-Races.png

The Democrats still have a chance to hold onto a Senate majority due to a very favorable map. Republicans had to defend half again as many seats--21 - 14.

That will flip in two years. These are the seats as of today.

Class-1-2024-Senate-Races.png

The Dems won because Trump is a jerkoff

The Dems won because Trump is a jerkoff
So far the Republicans have won 20 Senate races and the Democrats only 12.

That's not on Trump.

That's not on Trump.

Keep pretending and we all know his horrific personality and the backing of “his” people has severely damaged the GOP.

That's not on Trump.
Republicans should have done much better than that. The political climate favors them by a wide margin with an incumbent Democratic president with a shaky economy, and Democrats were vulnerable. Republicans were predicted to win a lot more seats in both houses than they are winning. To what do you attribute this poor GOP performance?

Keep pretending and we all know his horrific personality and the backing of “his” people has severely damaged the GOP.
I've never been a Trump fan either. He did good work but he never looked god doing it.

Republicans should have done much better than that.
Better I'll give you. Much better, not so much.

The Republicans had to beat Democrats 22-13 in the Senate and they still might and they did take the House. Don't crow too loud.

The political climate favors them by a wide margin with an incumbent Democratic president with a shaky economy, and Democrats were vulnerable. Republicans were predicted to win a lot more seats in both houses than they are winning. To what do you attribute this poor GOP performance?
Is that Trump or a rally around the flag?

They won but they didn't win big.

I've never been a Trump fan either. He did good work but he never looked god doing it.

The Republicans had to beat Democrats 22-13 in the Senate and they still might and they did take the House. Don't crow too loud.

Trump once again put himself ahead of the GOP and everyone is getting sick of it. The cult is not big enough for him to continue to matter.

You keep claiming he was a success, why do you lie to us and yourself?

Trump once again put himself ahead of the GOP and everyone is getting sick of it.
Clearly not everyone, just everyone on your side.

I'll give you one thing. I think the stolen election theme has played out. If it was stolen then they got away with it and it's time to move on.

The cult is not big enough for him to continue to matter.
I don't agree. The cult is pretty big and their hatred for Trump is undiminished.

You keep claiming he was a success,
Just look at the work. In the end it's all that matters.

why do you lie to us and yourself?
I'm not lying. Are you?

They barely won in an extremely favorable political climate. They underperformed. Rally around the flag doesn't happen in midterms, especially with a shaky economy and no war or other national crisis going on. Midterms almost always favor the opposition party. Even if the economy was doing well and Biden's approval rating were high, Republicans should have done better than they did. A shaky economy and a low approval rating for a Democratic president was a severe vulnerability and should have generated a red tsunami. It didn't.

Republicans have underperformed (that doesn't mean lost) in every election since 2016. All of these elections have had one thing in common: Donald Trump and MAGA. I think Republicans have miscalculated. (Democrats did too with their candidate in 2016.) MAGA is an anchor for the GOP, not a boost.

I'll give you one thing. I think the stolen election theme has played out. If it was stolen then they got away with it and it's time to move on.

I don't agree. The cult is pretty big and their hatred for Trump is undiminished.

I'm not lying. Are you?
It is amazing how blinded you are by this guy.

I'm not lying. Are you?
You are blinded by the orange trust fund guy. You can minimize his impact while exaggerating his impact when he was in office.
Trump own words show who he has always been.

They barely won in an extremely favorable political climate. They underperformed.
No doubt.

Rally around the flag doesn't happen in midterms, especially with a shaky economy and no war or other national crisis going on.
Meh. We are in the aftermath of a national crisis.

Midterms almost always favor the opposition party. Even if the economy was doing well and Biden's approval rating were high, Republicans should have done better than they did. A shaky economy and a low approval rating for a Democratic president was a severe vulnerability and should have generated a red tsunami. It didn't.
The Democrats made a good showing but at the end of the counting what matters is control of the two houses of Congress.

Republicans have underperformed (that doesn't mean lost) in every election since 2016. All of these elections have had one thing in common: Donald Trump and MAGA. I think Republicans have miscalculated. (Democrats did too with their candidate in 2016.) MAGA is an anchor for the GOP, not a boost.
MAGA is more a scary story for you and yours than a real influence. The story of the stolen election has probably died.

It is amazing how blinded you are by this guy.
I don't listen to him

You are blinded by the orange trust fund guy. You can minimize his impact while exaggerating his impact when he was in office.
Trump own words show who he has always been.
Orange Man Bad!

Your prejudice is showing.

That's not on Trump.

LMAO… Since Trump won in 2016, the GQP lost the house, the senate and the presidency..

LMAO… Since Trump won in 2016, the GQP lost the house, the senate and the presidency..
Biden lost one back and may lose two.

The pendulum swings both ways

No doubt.

The Democrats made a good showing but at the end of the counting what matters is control of the two houses of Congress.

MAGA is more a scary story for you and yours than a real influence. The story of the stolen election has probably died.
MAGA is a real influence on the Republican Party. Not the majority, but a significant enough minority to force the rest of the Republicans to acknowledge and try to determine what to do with it. They have been assuming that MAGA was giving them the boost they needed to fend of Democrats. But in hindsight, I think that was wrong. They would have done better in 2016 and beyond had they backed a different candidate. They overestimated the threat Hillary posed (as did Democrats) and they overestimated the boost Donald Trump would give them. Now they have an albatross that is harming their performance in elections. That's my interpretation, anyway.

No doubt.

I don't listen to him

Orange Man Bad!

Your prejudice is showing.

Your willful blindness is always showing.

Your willful blindness is always showing.
You project.

I checks fact instead of just repeating what I've heard. You cannot claim the same.

You project.

I checks fact instead of just repeating what I've heard. You cannot claim the same.

You hang your hat on Abraham accords and????? Deficits, ignoring Covid and enabling stop the steal a good start for you?

Back
Top Bottom