• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2024 Election - How Death Threats Get Republicans To Fall In Line Behind Trump

Old 'N Chill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I initially heard this on public radio, and found it very disturbing, but any American who has been paying attention knows that the threats of violence by the GOP is increasing since the last election due to Trump's violence inciting rhetoric. The Trump Republican Party has taken away the free will of their own party members, they are using fear and violence to manipulate election outcomes.

In early 2021, Richer was an Arizona Republican official who regularly attended local party events. At the time, he was the newly elected county recorder of Maricopa County. The job was a new level of prominence — he was now the most important election supervisory official in the state’s largest county — but going to Arizona Republican events was routine: the kind of thing that Richer, like any state politician, had done hundreds of times before.

But at one event, the crowd heckled and harassed him. When he tried to leave, they dragged him back in, yanking on his arms and shoulders, to berate him about the allegedly stolen 2020 election. He started to worry: Would his own people, fellow Republican Party members, seriously hurt him?

There was a clear reason for the madness. Many of the Republican faithful had recently decided that Maricopa County had been the epicenter of “the steal,” Joe Biden’s theft of Arizona from Donald Trump — and the entire presidential election with it. This wasn’t true, obviously. Richer tried to tell them it wasn’t true, hoping his long track record in the state Republican party would give him some credibility.

It did not. What happened instead reveals a pattern that is quietly reshaping American politics: Across the board and around the country, data reveals that threats against public officials have risen to unprecedented numbers — to the point where 83 percent of Americans are now concerned about risks of political violence in their country.

The harassment and threats from the MAGA faithful was one weapon in the extremist takeover’s arsenal, working to push voices of sanity out of key party events — breaking even determined ones like Richer.

In Arizona, the Trumpist threat of violence worked. And it worked for reasons that should worry all of us at the beginning of an election year that could decide the fate of American democracy

Last edited:
Trumps most loyal MAGAts are reminiscent of Hitler's Brownshirts.

White-supremicist militia groups (Proud Boys, Oath Keepers) participating in the failed Trump January 6 coup attempt at the Capitol are known for their violent behavior.

I initially heard this on public radio, and found it very disturbing, but any American who has been paying attention knows that the threats of violence by the GOP is increasing since the last election due to Trump's violence inciting rhetoric. The Trump Republican Party has taken away the free will of their own party members, they are using fear and violence to manipulate election outcomes.

Disturbing, awful, and yet predictable.

Anyone who whataboutists this is anti-American scum who supports these threats.

White-supremicist militia groups (Proud Boys, Oath Keepers) participating in the failed Trump January 6 coup attempt at the Capitol are known for their violent behavior.
All very true and very anti-American and anti-democracy. The MAGAts are against free and fair elections in the United States of America.

They want to dispose of the votes of We The People, they can't win elections in the US without bullying and cheating because the Voters cherish our country and our democracy and don't want to see them completely destroyed by rightwing extremists. If Trumpism Lives, Democracy Dies.

I don't condone violence like what is described in that article regarding Richer, but he has been covering up the election fraud that happened in Maricopa county in 2020 and 2022. Heck, he has even taken a page out of the lawfare handbook and sued Kari Lake for daring to make statements about his actions.

I don't condone violence like what is described in that article regarding Richer, but he IS covering up the election fraud that happened in Maricopa county in 2020 and 2022. Heck, he has even taken a page out of the lawfare handbook and sued Kari Lake for daring to make statements about his actions.

So... deserved violence?

So... deserved violence?
sigh...

What part of "I don't condone violence..." do you not understand?

You are dismissed.

sigh...

What part of "I don't condone violence..." do you not understand?

You are dismissed.
The part right after where you say "but he IS covering up the election fraud that happened..."

It's a weird follow up, if you actually don't condone violence.

Also, sorry, bud, you do not have dismissal powers. It's a weak response to a sincere question. I dismiss your dismissal. So there. lol

I don't condone violence like what is described in that article regarding Richer, but he has been covering up the election fraud that happened in Maricopa county in 2020 and 2022. Heck, he has even taken a page out of the lawfare handbook and sued Kari Lake for daring to make statements about his actions.
Your too far down the rabbit hole to take seriously, you really need to come up for air and act like an American for once. You can no longer tell a BIG LIE from the truth, you can no longer tell reality from fantasy......maybe you never could.

= "I don't condone but I condone it because the sky is full of black helicopters"

Very true they also remind me of the brownshirts. Should trump lose again and we have a repeat of 1/6, it won't be pretty for the mob.

Very true they also remind me of the brownshirts. Should trump lose again and we have a repeat of 1/6, it won't be pretty for the mob.
But hey, maybe they'll end up with monuments in Arlington...

I don't condone it but he asked for it. Election fraud, seriously? Take it up with scotus. Lawfare, hilarious, defending kair lake.

The part right after where you say "but he IS covering up the election fraud that happened..."

It's a weird follow up, if you actually don't condone violence.

Also, sorry, bud, you do not have dismissal powers. It's a weak response to a sincere question. I dismiss your dismissal. So there. lol
Lol.

Kari Lake in 2022 loss Maricopa County by a lesser margin than McSally in 2020 and in 2018, and Lake loss Pima County (Tucson) in 2022 by a larger margin than McSally in 2020 and in 2018.

Maricopa County:
2018 McSally -4.2%
2020 McSally -3.91%
2022 Lake -2.43%

Pima County:
2018 McSally -15.54%
2020 McSally -19.71%
2022 Lake -21.12%

Trump in 2020 loss Maricopa County by 2.17% while he lost Pima County by 18.62%.

If Trump is reelected will there be hundreds of violent riots costing billions and 200+ lives like in 2020?

Back
Top Bottom