• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2024: Battle of the defeated Presidents Jimmy Carter vs. Donald Trump. Who would you vote for ?

?

• Total voters

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Both Carter and Trump were defeated after 1 term and can run for 1 more.

Would you vote for 100-year old Jimmy Carter, or 78-year old Donald Trump ?

Biden retired in this scenario and Carter jumped into the race, running his campaign out of his home in Georgia and the actual web/TV campaign by young staffers. Both men won their respective party primaries.

Biden retired in this scenario and Carter jumped into the race, running his campaign out of his home in Georgia and the actual web/TV campaign by young staffers. Both men won their respective party primaries.

I would vote for a tree stump before I voted for TFG.

In case you ask who these old white men picked as Vice Presidential candidates ...

Carter picked US Rep. Lauren Underwood (who, if Carter dies, would become the 1st female President):

Trump picked Kim Reynolds, current Iowa Governor, as VP candidate:

very creative, I worked with my mother on his Campaign, I was like 13 or 14, but never was old enough to vote him, he was a sub sailor, nuclear engineers are not dumb, but I voted other cause now I am an old man lol

If you want a president who actually does community service when he can, who believes in the integrity of voting, not afraid to improve the military, not afraid to freeze Iranian assets as they do something stupid…and want a true, evangelical Christian in the White House…

Vote Jimmy Carter; he’s already done those things.

That was yet another easy presidential poll. Carter at 100 is a hell of a lot closer to a 'stable genius' than Trump ever was.

I hate to be so blunt, but the probability of Jimmy Carter being alive for the 2024 election is pretty low.
But even if he isn't, he'd still be preferable to Donald Trump.

Jimmy Carter, assuming their potential replacements (VP and Speaker of the House?) were not more of a potential issue than Trump, which is unlikely considering my opinion of the ****er.

But the chances of Jimmy Carter winning a primary race are effectively nil.

I would vote either for Carter or neither depending on who Carter picked for a running mate.

I'd vote for a flaming pile of elephant feces over Trump.

carter provided he had the right Veep.

I would vote either for Carter or neither depending on who Carter picked for a running mate.

In case you ask who these old white men picked as Vice Presidential candidates ...

Carter picked US Rep. Lauren Underwood (who, if Carter dies, would become the 1st female President):

Trump picked Kim Reynolds, current Iowa Governor, as VP candidate:

I hate to be so blunt, but the probability of Jimmy Carter being alive for the 2024 election is pretty low.
But even if he isn't, he'd still be preferable to Donald Trump.
Bernie Lomax would get my vote over Donald Trump

Jimmy has done a tremendous amount of good work in his life and is a very intelligent fella. But he was the second worst potus after Joe the pedo.
Trump……not as nice as jimmy. Not as smart as jimmy. But worlds above jimmy as potus.

Why did you pick Jimmy Carter? Unfortunately, he probably will be the next former U.S. President to die.

OK, now I get it: After him the only one-term President before Donald (George Bush) Trump is already dead.

Jimmy Carter all day long. Because at the very least you know that he is a honest man and a good and decent human being.

Back
Top Bottom