• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2004 Voter Suppression

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Democrat Operatives Far More Involved In Voter Intimidation And Suppression In 2004, Thousands Of Americans Disenfranchised By Vote Fraud On Election Day
1xgray247.gif

bluearrow03.gif
AC4VR Report (Html Version)
bluearrow03.gif
AC4VR Report (Pdf Version-13.17MB)
bluearrow03.gif
Press Release

http://www.ac4vr.com/

Funny how I haven't seen any of the mainstream media reporting on this.
 

stsburns

American Infidel
DP Veteran
Joined
May 8, 2005
Messages
1,297
Reaction score
46
Location
Pergatory
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
If you think that is something you should have seen the DNC's brosures on pressuring voters, that were out well before time of the 2004 election. :mrgreen: And of course the media wouldn't expose this, because some of them were bribed to not report it.
 
Last edited:

ILikeDubyah

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Location
Phx
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Saw those studies coming the day after the election was over....how else would FrankenKerry have gotten so close to the Presidency?
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
ILikeDubyah said:
Saw those studies coming the day after the election was over....how else would FrankenKerry have gotten so close to the Presidency?

Hmmmm no comments from the Dem/Left side here. Seems to blow their contention that THEY really won and that Bush is only in office because he stole the election.
 

rudy0908

Active member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
286
Reaction score
0
Location
st. louis
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Stinger said:
Hmmmm no comments from the Dem/Left side here. Seems to blow their contention that THEY really won and that Bush is only in office because he stole the election.
I haven't heard anyone say that the '04 election was stolen. '00, maybe, but the '04 seemed to go pretty smooth...unless I missed something. Bush actually did win the second time around as far I know or have heard.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
BTW - Check out those sites....every one has a politically driven agenda...I doubt I could find you any from an objective website that says the same things.

They might have questions, but ONLY the left-side websites claim "facts".
 

Mikkel

Pragmatist
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
0
Location
Cleveland, OH
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
I have to say, I worked with ACT the weekend before, and the day of the election, with many of the Cuyahoga County organizers, and I can tell you that the allegations that those articles made against this organization in ohio are outrageous and completely unbased. Our entire mission was centered around getting transportation and food for people who wanted to go to the polls and vote that day. I was pretty integrated with most of the higher-ups there and I can tell you that nothing of the accused nature ever occurred or was ever even mentioned.

I must conclude that the accusations in those articles are primarily based on speculation and rhetoric.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Mikkel said:
I have to say, I worked with ACT the weekend before, and the day of the election, with many of the Cuyahoga County organizers, and I can tell you that the allegations that those articles made against this organization in ohio are outrageous and completely unbased. Our entire mission was centered around getting transportation and food for people who wanted to go to the polls and vote that day. I was pretty integrated with most of the higher-ups there and I can tell you that nothing of the accused nature ever occurred or was ever even mentioned.

I must conclude that the accusations in those articles are primarily based on speculation and rhetoric.

And, for some people, that's good enough...:roll:
 

Deegan

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Mikkel said:
I have to say, I worked with ACT the weekend before, and the day of the election, with many of the Cuyahoga County organizers, and I can tell you that the allegations that those articles made against this organization in ohio are outrageous and completely unbased. Our entire mission was centered around getting transportation and food for people who wanted to go to the polls and vote that day. I was pretty integrated with most of the higher-ups there and I can tell you that nothing of the accused nature ever occurred or was ever even mentioned.

I must conclude that the accusations in those articles are primarily based on speculation and rhetoric.


Food? Why on earth would you feel the need to feed the voters? I suppose you served Kerry dogs, with a side of Heinz?:roll:
 

Mikkel

Pragmatist
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
0
Location
Cleveland, OH
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Deegan said:
Food? Why on earth would you feel the need to feed the voters? I suppose you served Kerry dogs, with a side of Heinz?:roll:

I don't know where you were voting, but where I was, it rained all day and there were people in lines out the doors of voting locations. I distinctly remember going to CostCo and buying about $400 of snack foods to deliver to voting locations so that people would have something to eat and wouldn't be discouraged from voting.

In my county, you don't need to convince anyone to vote democratic, it's just a matter of convincing them to vote. Food keeps them on line, so long as it's free.
 

Deegan

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Mikkel said:
I don't know where you were voting, but where I was, it rained all day and there were people in lines out the doors of voting locations. I distinctly remember going to CostCo and buying about $400 of snack foods to deliver to voting locations so that people would have something to eat and wouldn't be discouraged from voting.

In my county, you don't need to convince anyone to vote democratic, it's just a matter of convincing them to vote. Food keeps them on line, so long as it's free.


How many hungry homeless people did you entice with your "snacks"?:roll:
 
Last edited:

Mikkel

Pragmatist
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
0
Location
Cleveland, OH
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Deegan said:
How many hungry homeless people did you entice with you "snacks"?:roll:

I don't know exactly what you're trying to get at :)spin: ). The snacks were for anyone at the voting locations, and they were all free. It's not like we walked around downtown cleveland looking for homeless people to come and vote. Most of them aren't registered to vote anyway.

We worked with local community leaders (church groups and youth organizations, etc.) to actually get people to come and vote. I don't see how encouraging people to vote and getting them to polling stations comfortably and safely can be construed as voter fraud or intimidation.
 

Deegan

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Mikkel said:
I don't know exactly what you're trying to get at :)spin: ). The snacks were for anyone at the voting locations, and they were all free. It's not like we walked around downtown cleveland looking for homeless people to come and vote. Most of them aren't registered to vote anyway.

We worked with local community leaders (church groups and youth organizations, etc.) to actually get people to come and vote. I don't see how encouraging people to vote and getting them to polling stations comfortably and safely can be construed as voter fraud or intimidation.


It sounds strangely similar to the story of some of those groups going out and enticing poor folks with booze and cigarettes, except your angle is food and snacks, I really don't see the difference. While it's not as bad as they Democrats caught giving drug addicts crack, I still think it's inappropriate for anyone to lure voters in with rewards.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
rudy0908 said:
I haven't heard anyone say that the '04 election was stolen. '00, maybe, but the '04 seemed to go pretty smooth...unless I missed something. Bush actually did win the second time around as far I know or have heard.

Yes despite the overwhelming efforts of the Democrats to steal it.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
cnredd[U said:
][/U]

Shall I go on?

Not unless you have something that hasn't already been refuted. Your examples were multiple postings of the same old already debunked garbage, from such election experts as Gore Vidal. Here is some of the truth from the report I cite to you which unlike your posting cites it's sources and just doesn't repeat unproven assertions.

The Democrat staff of the House Judiciary Committee, led by Ranking Member Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), alleged in a January 2005 report that “the misallocation of voting machines [in Ohio] led to unprecedented lines that disenfranchised scores, if not hundreds of thousands, of predominantly minority and
Democratic voters.” The Conyers report specifically cited Franklin County, Ohio, as an area in
which Republicans intentionally misallocated voting machines in order to cause long lines and
disenfranchise minority voters.9 However, Democrat election officials in Franklin County and the U.S. Department of
Justice have refuted this allegation. During the recent U.S. House Administration Committee
hearing held in Columbus, William Anthony, Chairman of the Franklin County Democratic Party
and County Board of Elections, flatly rejected the allegation that long lines were part of some
effort to disenfranchise minorities and/or Democrat voters. Anthony further testified that long
lines were not limited to minority and Democrat communities. Anthony stated under oath:
“Some have alleged that precincts in predominantly African American or Democratic
precincts were deliberately targeted for a reduction in voting machines, thus creating the
only lines in the county. I can assure you Mr. Chairman and members of the committee,
both as a leader in the black community and Chairman of the local Democratic Party and
7 DNC Chairman Howard Dean, Remarks To The Campaign For America’s Future “Take Back America”
Conference, Washington, DC, June 2, 2005
8 Senators Should Object To Ohio Vote, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Op-Ed, CHICAGO SUN-TIMES, January 4, 2005
9 Preserving Democracy: What Went Wrong In Ohio, Report Of The House Judiciary Committee Democratic Staff,
January 5, 2005
14
a labor leader and Chairman of the Board of Elections, that these accusations are simply
not true.”10
Anthony stated that “on Election Day I spent several hours driving around the county in
the rain and observed long lines in every part of our county, in urban and suburban
neighborhoods, black and white communities, Democrat and Republican precincts.” He referred
to those who made claims about long lines and disenfranchisement as “conspiracy theorists” and
“Internet bloggers.”11

Suggest you read the report before you continue to cite baseless assertions.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
rudy0908 said:
No, I think thats good enough.

Actually the claims in those assertions have been throughly refuted and the report that is the subject of this thread goes into great detail about it.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Stinger said:
Suggest you read the report before you continue to cite baseless assertions.

Are you so ignorant as to believe that, because I posted sources from a question, that I would have to believe them?....That's a big jump....

Someone (rudy0908) ASKED this...

I haven't heard anyone say that the '04 election was stolen. '00, maybe, but the '04 seemed to go pretty smooth...unless I missed something. Bush actually did win the second time around as far I know or have heard.

And I responded by putting up the websites of those whackjobs...read my following comment...

BTW - Check out those sites....every one has a politically driven agenda...I doubt I could find you any from an objective website that says the same things.

They might have questions, but ONLY the left-side websites claim "facts".


Just because I presented sources for a previous question does NOT mean that I believed them, as you have assumed....get your head in the game.
 

Mikkel

Pragmatist
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
0
Location
Cleveland, OH
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Deegan said:
It sounds strangely similar to the story of some of those groups going out and enticing poor folks with booze and cigarettes, except your angle is food and snacks, I really don't see the difference. While it's not as bad as they Democrats caught giving drug addicts crack, I still think it's inappropriate for anyone to lure voters in with rewards.

There is a big leap there. What about large corporations contributing campaigning money to Republican candidates? Isn't that worse? The point of ACT is to get people to vote. The more the merrier, regardless of political affiliation. Providing snacks at voting locations, where, presumably, people are already there to vote, does not equate with offering booze, cigarettes, or drugs to people on the street so that they vote democratic. You're way out of line if you're implying this.
 

Deegan

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Mikkel said:
There is a big leap there. What about large corporations contributing campaigning money to Republican candidates? Isn't that worse? The point of ACT is to get people to vote. The more the merrier, regardless of political affiliation. Providing snacks at voting locations, where, presumably, people are already there to vote, does not equate with offering booze, cigarettes, or drugs to people on the street so that they vote democratic. You're way out of line if you're implying this.

Did you not say transportation was provided as well, and do you make mention of the goodies that await you at the end of the line? :confused:
 

Mikkel

Pragmatist
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
0
Location
Cleveland, OH
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Deegan said:
Did you not say transportation was provided as well, and do you make mention of the goodies that await you at the end of the line? :confused:

Transportation was provided for those who asked for it. Those who did participate in transportation had no knowledge of the food we provided at the voting locations because that was a last minute thing we threw together at around 2pm on Nov 2 so that people wouldn't be discouraged by the rain and leave without voting.
 

Deegan

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Mikkel said:
Transportation was provided for those who asked for it. Those who did participate in transportation had no knowledge of the food we provided at the voting locations because that was a last minute thing we threw together at around 2pm on Nov 2 so that people wouldn't be discouraged by the rain and leave without voting.


I am sure with all that is going on these days, you can understand why I might be skeptical.;)
 

rudy0908

Active member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
286
Reaction score
0
Location
st. louis
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Mikkel said:
Transportation was provided for those who asked for it. Those who did participate in transportation had no knowledge of the food we provided at the voting locations because that was a last minute thing we threw together at around 2pm on Nov 2 so that people wouldn't be discouraged by the rain and leave without voting.
The most important question, though, is this: Did you in mention your party affiliation or in anyway let those people know who you supported?
 
Top Bottom