• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2 States have Marijuana Legalization on the Ballot for the 2022 Midterms

PA is been kicking some bills around too, hopefully, one of them passes soo along with more states so the fed will get on board.

I live in California. We has everything!
We have a lot of strains I know nothing about. I can find the classics, but not always. I have some Gelato, some Girl Scout Cookies, Green Crack and J3 and Mendo Purps. I like Blue Dream, but it is one of the hazy strains, messes your head up too much.

I support Legalization of marijuana, btw.

That's because the Drug Warriors and you lost, meanwhile Biden realized the wrong in his old ways in regard to drugs. Or just smelled the coffee.

Marijuana is the safest recreational drug known to man. Even if you count coffee as recreational (nah, don't tell me it's not "recreational" because you need it to wake up; that's just addiction. You drank it in the first place because it makes you feel better), you can OD and die from caffeine.

We won. You lost. Go home.
I forgive some of our older folks and their belief that 'grass' is just a gateway drug and evil, etc. Time told a different story. Are there side effects and things wrong with using it recreationally? Yeah...do I believe it can be addictive, yeah....even food can be addicting. That said....it also has some very good benefits....use in epilepsy, cancer, anxiety, eating disorders, etc.

If a person wants to use drugs, let them....educate the public on the use and safety of drugs, recreationally or medicinally....and that goes for everything from Tylenol to Heroin. Advocate for treatment not punishment....and advocate for drug safety. A police officer here in South Carolina, during a drug bust had to receive 4 doses of Narcan, just to save his life. Surely we can do better than this.

Didn't SD already pass it but their govt refused to allow it?

I know that it came forward in South Carolina and was approved, but then they tabled it to keep it from becoming legal for medical use....too bad for those who actually need it.

I forgive some of our older folks and their belief that 'grass' is just a gateway drug and evil, etc. Time told a different story. Are there side effects and things wrong with using it recreationally? Yeah...do I believe it can be addictive, yeah....even food can be addicting. That said....it also has some very good benefits....use in epilepsy, cancer, anxiety, eating disorders, etc.

If a person wants to use drugs, let them....educate the public on the use and safety of drugs, recreationally or medicinally....and that goes for everything from Tylenol to Heroin. Advocate for treatment not punishment....and advocate for drug safety. A police officer here in South Carolina, during a drug bust had to receive 4 doses of Narcan, just to save his life. Surely we can do better than this.

How old though? Because I'm just about 70, and weed was used a lot in the 60's. I don't know how so many came to believe that its a bad thing.

I know that it came forward in South Carolina and was approved, but then they tabled it to keep it from becoming legal for medical use....too bad for those who actually need it.

They kept if from becoming legal for medical? How stupid. That's where its really needed.

https://mjbizdaily.com/is-delta-8-thc-a-threat-to-the-marijuana-industry/

Delta-8 THC has been most popular in states where traditional delta-9 cannabis is prohibited or highly restricted, a difference experts attribute to availability and access.

Because marijuana isn’t legal in those states, there are no licensed retailers, just illicit market sources. Delta-8 THC, meanwhile, is readily available in CBD and vape stores as well as gas stations, convenience stores and other storefronts.
But D-8 is also finding fans in recreational states because of its purported effects. Many consumers say the delta-8 high is milder than delta-9 and doesn’t cause the anxiety that some consumers feel with marijuana.

... But not all cannabis entrepreneurs are excited about the explosive popularity of D-8 and other lab-made cannabinoids.

“It’s definitely having some impact in legal markets,” said Morgan Fox, a spokesman for the National Cannabis Industry Association at the time of this interview who has since joined NORML as political director.

“A lot of these businesses are understandably upset because it’s taking away market share. And now it’s being taken away by people that haven’t had to jump through all the hoops that they have had to—or have to pay as high taxes as they do. So I can understand that it’s pretty frustrating.” ...
what is going on in NC, the prime tobacco state where marijuana remains illegal, may be exploitation of the lack of legal enforcement to assure delta 8 products are not actually delta 9 products, renamed and sold

and the actual delta 8 products are pretty damned good, tho the high is a bit different than when indulging in high grade weed

https://mjbizdaily.com/is-delta-8-thc-a-threat-to-the-marijuana-industry/

what is going on in NC, the prime tobacco state where marijuana remains illegal, may be exploitation of the lack of legal enforcement to assure delta 8 products are not actually delta 9 products, renamed and sold

and the actual delta 8 products are pretty damned good, tho the high is a bit different than when indulging in high grade weed

Delta 8 is illegal here. I tried to order some gummies to try it, but they couldn't ship it here.

Delta 8 is illegal here. I tried to order some gummies to try it, but they couldn't ship it here.
that's the thing in many states where weed is legal, they do not want the delta 8 competition
while i prefer to smoke high grade weed, delta 8 is an excellent legal alternative in an illegal state
i believe the fear is that delta 8 attracts those who want a buzz that allows them to still get stuff done

It effectively doesn’t matter. Anyone can easily get it if they want it. And it’s a hell of a lot cheaper when and where it’s illegal than legal $60 joints endorsed by Justin Bieber.
That's not true at all. Where I used to live an eighth of good pot was 50 bucks where it is illegal. I just bought a half at week ago for 80 legally.

Sucks for Nebraska.

North Dakota, Missouri and Arkansas also have marijuana legalization on the Nov. ballot.

Back
Top Bottom