• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2 more pregnant minors who were raped were denied Ohio abortions

I found this today while browsing Reddit:

The Republicans proving themselves to be the party of child rape and suffering. Forcing children to give birth to their rapist's children, denying cancer treatment, forcing parents to give birth to a stillborn or just watch their child die, and forcing women experiencing great medical distress to remain pregnant. How do these "pro-life" people continue to claim to care about children, women, or life in general?
I'm sorry that it's marginally more inconvenient to butcher children. I know that deeply upsets you.

Well, if rape is at least reduced...especially the rape of children...that would go a long way toward resolving the issue in the thread title.
And that is my goal in life.

This thread. 115 posts

The thread about Biden not knowing someone passed away. 335 posts.

That's where we are as a country.

I'm sorry that it's marginally more inconvenient to butcher children. I know that deeply upsets you.
You should go out today and find random strangers who are females and tell them your real thoughts about abortion.

Report back here and tell us what they say.

Well, if rape is at least reduced...especially the rape of children...that would go a long way toward resolving the issue in the thread title.
Where are you getting the idea that anybody doesn't want to reduce rape? You imply Ohio has a specific problem but there is nothing to suggest it's general rape or child rape statistics are particularly worse than any other state (not that accurate statistics are easy to find), nor has any related to that suddenly changed. The only reason cases in Ohio is getting specific attention now is the impact of the restrictive abortion laws.

If rape of children is reduced, the issue of pregnant children would obviously be reduced, but not eliminated. This issue here isn't the number of highlighted cases (after all, 3 out of an entire state isn't massive), it is the individual impact and consequences. Unless we can guarantee no child will ever be raped and become pregnant, we need the laws to be able to safely and effectively address that situation. Ohio appears to have failed to achieve that with the implementation of it's new abortion restrictions.

Where are you getting the idea that anybody doesn't want to reduce rape?
Whoa, there...I haven't said anything about "that anybody doesn't want to reduce rape".

You need to stop spouting off with bullshit.

You are dismissed.

Whoa, there...I haven't said anything about "that anybody doesn't want to reduce rape".
I felt it could have been implied in your comments that "Ohio should worry less about abortions and more about rape" or that "it seems there's a lot of it [rape] going on in Ohio.". They were both flawed points anyway, since worrying about (and acting on) the two issues aren't mutually exclusive and there is no indication that Ohio has particularly high rape rates or is particularly bad in addressing it.

But I accept your clarification and that you're content that Ohio does take reasonable measures to reduce rape (certainly as much as anywhere else). Again though, that will never eliminate rape and so won't eliminate the incidence of raped girls becoming pregnant. Whatever is done in response to rape, those individual victims need appropriate medical support and the laws around that need to account for those individual needs. That doesn't seem to be the case at the moment in Ohio and that is why so many people are calling for that issue to be addressed.

the best thing about this thread is identifying the people that are trying to change the subject.

But I accept your clarification and that you're content that Ohio does take reasonable measures to reduce rape
Now see...👆is why I've already dismissed you. Making up shit. I have NOT said that I am content that Ohio does take reasonable measures to reduce rape. In fact, I've said the opposite.

You know, for someone who calls themself "HonestJoe", you sure aren't very honest.

Not only are you dismissed, but you've earned a coveted spot on my ignore list.

A 10 year old??? She doesn't have a choice where she lives.
Yea, that's why he keeps blaming the incident on the parents.
Apparently in his world, good parents are able to completely shield their children from this type of crime and if they don't, they are to blame for what occurs. We all know horrible crimes like the rape of a minor only occur in deplorable states where the parents choose to live.

The Republicans proving themselves to be the party of child rape and suffering. Forcing children to give birth to their rapist's children, denying cancer treatment, forcing parents to give birth to a stillborn or just watch their child die, and forcing women experiencing great medical distress to remain pregnant. How do these "pro-life" people continue to claim to care about children, women, or life in general?

I didn't see any info in the article on the police investigations. you know, for the rapes.

BTW- also give up the stupid argument that the parents should not have voted for laws like this. Obviously they did not and as I've mentioned previously, a referendum on laws like this is not an option in Ohio due to the republican party having a veto proof super majority in the state house due to unchecked gerry mandering.
This is the problem! The Ohio legislature is much farther to the right than the electorate due to good ole crackin' and packin'.

I didn't see any info in the article on the police investigations. you know, for the rapes.
So you think these rapes are faked to create a narrative?

So you think these rapes are faked to create a narrative?

Can you corroborate the claims with any police investigations?

The left are liars, and they use false narratives often enough to question every claim.

Just look at the giant lie that was BLM, Russia Hoax, Hillary's basement server, Steel Dossier, Hunter's Laptop, etc, etc.

Can you corroborate the claims with any police investigations?

The left are liars, and they use false narratives often enough to question every claim.

Just look at the giant lie that was BLM, Russia Hoax, Hillary's basement server, Steel Dossier, Hunter's Laptop, etc, etc.
Why should I have to? Why would anyone make it up? We know it happens, it was a few months ago we got a well publicized case of it. Not only that that, is only one part of why these laws are ridiculous, my OP and the article cite other instances where these restrictive abortion laws cause real suffering.

Why should I have to?

Because the left are liars who grandstand fake manufactured crisis over and over.
Why would anyone make it up?

See #1
We know it happens,

Did it happen this time? Prove it.
it was a few months ago we got a well publicized case of it.

That doesn't mean every case is identical or even true.
Not only that that, is only one part of why these laws are ridiculous, my OP and the article cite other instances where these restrictive abortion laws cause real suffering.

Bull shit.

Because the left are liars who grandstand fake manufactured crisis over and over.
This is baseless projection. The right has a problem with having unlawful sexual relations with minors. They also have issues staying out of peoples' business.

Projection.

Did it happen this time? Prove it.

Projection.
That doesn't mean every case is identical or even true.

Bull shit.

Projection.

This is baseless projection. The right has a problem with having unlawful sexual relations with minors. They also have issues staying out of peoples' business.

Projection.

Projection.

Projection.

You know what's NOT projection?

You providing a report about the rape investigations these liars are claiming.

i'm not sure if he's talking about the raped children or somebody else.
Perhaps he is talking about the Turn-away Study. It has documented the lives of children of women who wanted an abortion but were denied. As more states have enacted more restrictions on providers and clinics and shortened the week limit for elective abortions data on the outcome of denied abortion has become available. It shows that often a child has anti-social characteristics that create problems for the child and for society. Some problems last into adulthood. Now with many states denying all abortions more data will be available and confirm the findings of the Turn-away Study.

The connection between unwanted children and child abuse, can also now be documented. IMO there will be a strong indication that banning abortion increases violence against children because of the stress of raising a child that the family could not handle at the time.

We don't recognize the Ohio legislature's behavior as insanity because we have seen it so often and are familiar with it. Much like our crazy Uncle Bubba, escalation to psychosis is ignored because we all think of insanity as radically different behavior from what we have seen before. That is not so. Insanity is simply escalation of the same behavior to psychotic levels. Forcing a10 year old to give birth to her rapists child is insanity. Normal people don't do this to children. Refusing women with cancer an abortion so they can get treatment is insanity. Normal people don't force women with severely malformed fetuses to carry the fetus to term. This is escalation of anti-abortion behavior but to psychotic levels.

If Uncle Bubba's behavior isn't identified for what it really is we can't get him professional help and he will get worse until someone does something violent because they can't deal with him any longer. It's the same with the Ohio legislature, and other legislatures displaying the same behaviors. If help doesn't come, violence will.

You know what's NOT projection?

You providing a report about the rape investigations these liars are claiming.
You should lay off the ad hom attacks.

Back
Top Bottom