• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2 defendants acquitted in Michigan governor kidnapping case; mistrial declared for 2 others

I know you are grasping at maintaining the leftist narrative on this story... but clearly you are just wrong.

In any case, they are all innocent until proven guilty. Two have been acquiited outright and two had a mistrial ... so they remain innocent until proven otherwise.

Apparently the FBI is guilty of planning that kidnapping.
Just because a prosecutor can't prove in court that a person didn't commit or plan a crime doesn't mean they didn't commit or plan a crime.

You know that right?

It sounds like the FBI and the informant had a little bit more to do with the planning and preparation than was first reported. Just another exaggerated media fabricated story that is unraveling.

It's actually not as uncommon as it should be. They did the same with a group of Muslims following 9/11, and the FBI and DOJ allowed a man to rot in prison for murders he didn't committ because the actual murderer was an FBI informant...

Just because a prosecutor can't prove in court that a person didn't commit or plan a crime doesn't mean they didn't commit or plan a crime.

You know that right?

I hope you get to a point where you are clear headed enough to regret such a stupid statement.

Seriously, WTH dude....

There is the possibility that they did not do what the government accused them of, right?

There may have been one left wing lunatic holding this up for the past 5 days. Truth is, we do not know either way.

Really? Couldn't just wait for more details before jumping off into crazy land
Is English your first language? Words and phrases like "possibility" and "Truth is, we do not know either way." Seem to exactly agree that we need more details.

I hope you get to a point where you are clear headed enough to regret such a stupid statement.

Seriously, WTH dude....
Everyone knows that Al Capone didn't commit any crimes until we busted him on tax evasion. That's just common sense dude.

Everyone knows that Al Capone didn't commit any crimes until we busted him on tax evasion. That's just common sense dude.
Did you follow the trial? Most of us likely did not. Tell us why you are so convinced.

Yeah the far right Trumpsters will celebrate this... Nothing screams democracy more than threatening to kill elected officials because you don't agree with them...

The Republican party is fascists... No argument anymore..
This trial outcome is further evidence of how corrupt the FBI has been due to leadership that opposed Trump.

Trump/Russia? FBI was in on it up to their eyeballs.
Whitmer? The FBI was in it up to their eyeballs.
1/6...yet to be determined but there is an excellent probability that the FBI had a substantial hand in that too.

Is English your first language? Words and phrases like "possibility" and "Truth is, we do not know either way." Seem to exactly agree that we need more details.
Left wing lunatic

That...is extraordinary. But get just one q-anon, trump supporter, antimasker or antivaxxer on the jury and that's end game.
I wonder if Prosecutors are allowed to Poll the jury?

Did you follow the trial? Most of us likely did not. Tell us why you are so convinced.
I never said they were guilty. I said that just because a person is not convicted in trial doesn't mean they didn't actually commit a crime.

Do you remember all the riots during the summer? Did all those people get convicted?

You know that right?
How very Trumpian of you. Say it with me Lock Her Up! Lock Her Up!

How very Trumpian of you. Say it with me Lock Her Up! Lock Her Up!
You're like the 3rd person that missed the point. Is there some kind of brand new virus going around that I don't know about?

I never said they were guilty. I said that just because a person is not convicted in trial doesn't mean they didn't actually commit a crime.
Yes and water is wet.

Conversely, just because a person is not convicted does not mean that they DID actually commit a crime. Right?

Do you remember all the riots during the summer? Did all those people get convicted?
Yes. No, most were not even charged.

Not sure the point.

You forgot the "may have been one... " before that term.

Which I was responding to the poster who claimed that there was likely some rw lunatic on the jury that made this result.

Oh I saw it. Jumping off the deep end

You are still grasping. Did these indigent backwoods militia types pay off the jury and murder witnesses too? You're through the looking glass, CaughtInThe!! :rolleyes:

They were acquitted because the evidence showed that the main push of the criminal conspiracy was spearheaded by the FBI and their informants, not the accused.

Again, this isn't unheard of when it comes to the FBI over the last 20 years...

Yes and water is wet.

Conversely, just because a person is not convicted does not mean that they DID actually commit a crime. Right?

Yes. No, most were not even charged.

Not sure the point.
Like I've always said, OJ definitely in real life did not murder Nicole. The trial proved that.

You are still grasping. Did these indigent backwoods militia types pay off the jury and murder witnesses too? You're through the looking glass, CaughtInThe!! :rolleyes:

They were acquitted because the evidence showed that the main push of the criminal conspiracy was spearheaded by the FBI and their informants, not the accused.

Again, this isn't unheard of when it comes to the FBI over the last 20 years...
Everyone knows it when you go to trial and you're acquitted you did not commit a crime even if you committed a crime. Take OJ for example.

This is a Federal Judicial District, the Western District of Michigan which includes the cities of Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, and Marquette.

So, yeah. They got 6 yahoos on the jury.

Nothing to be done about it now, though.

Sounds like at least two people spent 18 months in jail for nothing.

The criminal justice system can be unfair like that. Like, it happens literally hundreds of times per day, nationwide.

Only most people don't care because the people it happens most often to are poor whites and blacks.

The criminal justice system can be unfair like that. Like, it happens literally hundreds of times per day, nationwide.

Only most people don't care because the people it happens most often to are poor whites and blacks.
I think these two fall in that category.

You're like the 3rd person that missed the point. Is there some kind of brand new virus going around that I don't know about?
You just happened to also make a different point than intended. It’s good for c chuckle

Everyone knows it when you go to trial and you're acquitted you did not commit a crime even if you committed a crime. Take OJ for example.
Everyone knows that vast majority of the time they are found innocent because they are innocent. But keep grasping and shaking your fist in rage, I suppose...

So what's next, you get'n you some mob justice? You seem to think you know better than the jury... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom