• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

17 year old gets double lung transplant, necessitated by vaping

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Doctors Say They've Performed The First Double Lung Transplant Due to Vaping

Doctors in Michigan said Tuesday they had performed what they believe is the first double lung transplant on a patient whose lungs were damaged from vaping, highlighting the extreme steps medical experts are taking as they confront a nationwide rash of vaping-related illnesses.

Vaping is just the tobacco industry's answer to the decline in smoking. It's their way of getting another generation hooked on nicotine.

Vaping should be outlawed.

Yes, that's just an opinion, but it's my opinion, and I treasure it.

Doctors Say They've Performed The First Double Lung Transplant Due to Vaping

Vaping is just the tobacco industry's answer to the decline in smoking. It's their way of getting another generation hooked on nicotine.

Seems to me the fda or the atf have a lot of explaining to do if these problems are related to vaping. Why were they approved to go to market if they are so dangerous?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Seems to me the fda or the atf have a lot of explaining to do if these problems are related to vaping. Why were they approved to go to market if they are so dangerous?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

most likely had to do with

The-Origin-and-History-of-the-Dollar-Sign-700x385.png

note that it's already illegal to sell e cigarettes to anyone under 18

That is certainly the impression this article was designed to trigger. It specifically avoids providing any information that would actually be useful or meaningful to make any kind of reasoned assessment though. There are several potential and actual problems and risks associated with vaping but a simplistic “Me say vaping bad!” rant is no better than a “Me say drinking bad!” would be.

They think that may be the culprit.
Or, maybe absorbing drugs through your lungs isn't such a great idea.

People have been smoking ganja for decades, no real link to physical ailments from it.

People have been smoking ganja for decades, no real link to physical ailments from it.

They've been smoking tobacco for decades as well. The tobacco industry once told us that there was no harm in that, either. Now, they're working on getting a new generation hooked on nicotine.

Back
Top Bottom