• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

11 Trump associates have now been charged with crimes. 11!

iguanaman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
(CNN)There's an old saying that goes something like this: You can judge a man by the company he keeps. Which spells trouble for Donald Trump.
At least 11 people who played a role in Trump's presidential campaigns or his administration have been charged with crimes, with Tom Barrack, who chaired Trump's inaugural committee and has been a longtime friend, accused of illegal foreign lobbying on behalf of the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/21/politics/tom-barrack-trump-arrested/index.html

This is how the one term mistake "drains the swamp" he appoints his own criminals. 11 of them so far. None of this is a surprise but at least now he can't just pardon them. What is surprising is that Republicans want more of this behavior. How can people vote for that? Are they rooting for criminals to take over our Govt.? Are they really that low?

And how many of them will turn on Trump?

Enjoy the ride next couple of years Trumpers, it is going to be a fun one.

(CNN)There's an old saying that goes something like this: You can judge a man by the company he keeps. Which spells trouble for Donald Trump.
At least 11 people who played a role in Trump's presidential campaigns or his administration have been charged with crimes, with Tom Barrack, who chaired Trump's inaugural committee and has been a longtime friend, accused of illegal foreign lobbying on behalf of the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday.

This is how the one term mistake "drains the swamp" he appoints his own criminals. 11 of them so far. None of this is a surprise but at least now he can't just pardon them. What is surprising is that Republicans want more of this behavior. How can people vote for that? Are they rooting for criminals to take over our Govt.? Are they really that low?
Eh, I think this is more an indictment of the government/politics generally, but it does show that Trump was, at best, no better then the other swamp creatures he and his base rail(ed) against.

Eh, I think this is more an indictment of the government/politics generally, but it does show that Trump was, at best, no better then the other swamp creatures he and his base rail(ed) against.
That is ridiculous to say when no other President in history come even near to that record. Nixon or Reagan may have been close.

One can image they have a case when brought charges against Barrack. Like anyone he deserves his day in court. It will be up to the DOJ to prove the case.
I suspect Tom is guilty, but I will say at this point he is innocent till proven guilty or pleads guilty.

That is ridiculous to say when no other President in history come even near to that record. Nixon or Reagan may have been close.
Yes, I agree with that and I did err - when I dug deeper into the links on Tom Barrack, I thought he worked for multiple administrations, but checking again, I seemed to have misread that. Anyway, don't get me wrong, I think Trump is basically a 'cartoon evil' narcissist, but I'm quite cynical regarding politicians in general, so while he is an extreme case, I don't think he is alone.

Reagan was too busy talking to toasters by the end of his admin to do any real crime stuff.

You mean when he had early Alzheimer's disease? Before his short-term memory started going away, he was pretty good at understanding crime stuff.

Definitely not Reagan.
The presidency of Ronald Reagan in the United States was marked by numerous scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any president in American history.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_administration_scandals#:~:text=The presidency of Ronald Reagan,any president in American history.

It figures that the most popular Republican President would have the most criminals. The base seems to gravitate towards lawbreakers and conmen.

Yes, I agree with that and I did err - when I dug deeper into the links on Tom Barrack, I thought he worked for multiple administrations, but checking again, I seemed to have misread that. Anyway, don't get me wrong, I think Trump is basically a 'cartoon evil' narcissist, but I'm quite cynical regarding politicians in general, so while he is an extreme case, I don't think he is alone.
There is some truth to that but it is Republican Presidents that are always associated with the most criminals and that can't be a coincidence.

The presidency of Ronald Reagan in the United States was marked by numerous scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any president in American history.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_administration_scandals#:~:text=The presidency of Ronald Reagan,any president in American history.

It figures that the most popular Republican President would have the most criminals. The base seems to gravitate towards lawbreakers and conmen.

It also figures that since Abraham Lincoln was not the most popular Republican president in his own party, most Republicans strongly support white supremacy.

It also figures that since Abraham Lincoln was not the most popular Republican president in his own party, most Republicans strongly support white supremacy.
There was a time when Republicans held up Lincoln with pride but that day is long past.

Just think of how many more could have been charged with crimes if Trump hadn't hired the best people.

Whatever Trump did, Obama did it first.

And not one of the Trump supporting bozos of the past 5 years have said they are sorry to HRC for hinting she might be guilty of some crime.....................what a croc

And not one of the Trump supporting bozos of the past 5 years have said they are sorry to HRC for hinting she might be guilty of some crime.....................what a croc
Yes they are fond of projecting their own criminal behaviors on Democrats. They believe the best way to cover their own crimes is to accuse others of the same behavior. The one term mistake was the master of projection. When he accused others of being traitors you always knew what that meant. The same goes for when he said he was draining the swamp...

Congratulations, you have seized on the one issue in which he was the “best” president ever

Yes they are fond of projecting their own criminal behaviors on Democrats. They believe the best way to cover their own crimes is to accuse others of the same behavior. The one term mistake was the master of projection. When he accused others of being traitors you always knew what that meant. The same goes for when he said he was draining the swamp...
You hit the nail on what was painfully obvious to even a low IQ brain------------glad you said it, though

One can image they have a case when brought charges against Barrack. Like anyone he deserves his day in court. It will be up to the DOJ to prove the case.
I suspect Tom is guilty, but I will say at this point he is innocent till proven guilty or pleads guilty.
I will not be surprised if this is an effort to lean on him to flip on the circumstances of the inauguration rip off
Maybe he can give them facts and figures and cut a good deal for himself

There was a time when Republicans held up Lincoln with pride but that day is long past.

That must be why an anti-Trump presidential campaign group was called The Lincoln Project.

Back
Top Bottom