• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

11 Random Songs on your MP3 player/computer

Tashah said:
My iPod just keeps on hummin...

Strawberry Letter 23 - Brothers Johnson

I love the Brothers Johnson...highly underrated....and I used to have this song on 45 single back in the day. Yeah, I'm old. :2wave:

(now playing) Call Me - Blondie

I like this one a lot, too. I listen to it all the time. Blondie's one of those nostalgia bands for me. They remind me of a really great period in my life.

You have a varied taste in music and like listening to it all at once. That's awesome. So do I! It's not unusual for Black Sabbath to follow Loretta Lynn in this house. :mrgreen:

mixedmedia said:
You have a varied taste in music and like listening to it all at once. That's awesome. So do I! It's not unusual for Black Sabbath to follow Loretta Lynn in this house. :mrgreen:
Mixed,
I have my parents vinyl .45's and albums, casette tapes and CD's from my brothers, and my own CD's, DVD's, and digital downloads. Plus I play numerous musical instruments and many are connected to MID/MP3 interface software... :3oops: I need four huge rack cabinets and a dedicated computer to manage all of it lol...

musicracks.gif

Tashah :2wave:

Tashah said:
Mixed,
I have my parents vinyl .45's and albums, casette tapes and CD's from my brothers, and my own CD's, DVD's, and digital downloads. Plus I play numerous musical instruments and many are connected to MID/MP3 interface software... I need four huge rack cabinets and a dedicated computer to manage all of it lol...

musicracks.gif

Tashah :2wave:

That's pretty awesome. I have about 1000 or so songs on my computer and somewhere in the range of 300 cds or so....used to have a lot more, but parted with about half of them - left with my ex - when I moved back to Florida. Much to my chagrin....left all the Beatles, Charlie Mingus and Steely Dan there. There's not a week that goes by that I don't feel like kicking myself for that one. I can't sing (even though I do anyway:mrgreen: ), can't play an instrument, but I could not live without music. Can't even imagine it. Would be like a world without sunshine. :2wave:

mixedmedia said:
That's pretty awesome. I have about 1000 or so songs on my computer and somewhere in the range of 300 cds or so....used to have a lot more, but parted with about half of them - left with my ex - when I moved back to Florida. Much to my chagrin....left all the Beatles, Charlie Mingus and Steely Dan there. There's not a week that goes by that I don't feel like kicking myself for that one. I can't sing (even though I do anyway:mrgreen: ), can't play an instrument, but I could not live without music. Can't even imagine it. Would be like a world without sunshine. :2wave:

You sound just like me, other than the whole leaving things with the ex bit :mrgreen:

Stace said:
You sound just like me, other than the whole leaving things with the ex bit :mrgreen:
Stace, I wish you a long and prosperous marriage. But if things don't work out - take the music. :mrgreen:

mixedmedia said:
Stace, I wish you a long and prosperous marriage. But if things don't work out - take the music. :mrgreen:

Oh, I most definitely would.....most of it was mine to begin with......he hardly listens to anything unless he's in his truck, so I don't even think he'd notice...:2razz:

Feeling mellow today. Last ten songs I listened to.....

Save Me - Aimee Mann
Positively 4th Street - Bob Dylan
Stuck In the Middle With You - Stealers Wheel
Weather With You - Crowded House
I'm Not In Love - 10cc
Things Have Changed - Bob Dylan
Satellite - Dave Matthews Band
Get Gone - Fiona Apple
All At Once - Bonnie Raitt
All Things Must Pass - George Harrison

Last baker's-dozen on the 'ol iPod...

You Were Always On My Mind - Willie Nelson
Counting Blue Cars - Dishwalla
I'll Be Your Shelter - Taylor Dayne
Hold Me Now - Thompson Twins
You Got It All - The Jets
If I Were Your Woman - Gladys Knight
Going For The One - Yes
You Can Keep Your Hat On - Joe Cocker
An Unusual Kiss - Melissa Etheridge
Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran
In My Life - The Beatles
Love Will Find A Way - Pablo Cruise

(now playing) Fantasy Girl - .38 Special

Let's do another round....

Hit That - The Offspring
All My Problems - Smile Empty Soul
Falls On Me - Fuel
Long Day - Matchbox 20
Ten Thousand Fists - Disturbed
St. Jimmy - Green Day
Somebody Else's Song - Lifehouse
Precious - Depeche Mode
Only One - Yellowcard
Giving In - Adema
The Ballad of Curtis Loew - Lynrd Skynyrd

Okies... another round of sound :smile:

Walking In Rhythm - The Blackbyrds
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
She's A Beauty - The Tubes
Tangled Up In Blue - Bob Dylan
Chanpagne Supernova - Oasis
What Is Life - George Harrison
I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash
The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Don't Dream Its Over - Crowded House
Circle Of Life - Elton John
Time Of Your Life - Green Day
Lido Shuffle - Boz Scaggs

(now playing) Kiss You All Over - Exile

You guys would tease me from now until the end of time if I were to list the songs on my ipod.

KCConservative said:
You guys would tease me from now until the end of time if I were to list the songs on my ipod.
Maybe not. I have John Denver and The Carpenters on my computer. Come on, confession is good for the soul. :2wave:

Mary Lou Lord-Own Worst Enemy
Letters to Cleo-I See
Ani DiFranco-In Here
Blues Traveler-The Tiding
Phil Ochs-Links on the Chain
Richard Buckner-As the Waves Will Always Roll
Dar Williams-Traveling Again (Traveling I)
John Wesley Harding-Elvis Has Left the Building
Karen Ann-Decrocher les Atoilles
Bran Van 3000-Dare I Say
Imani Coppola-Reality Radio

About the last artist, Imani Coppola.... I love this chick. She puts out some amazing music and her website just popped up with 5 semi-unreleased albums. I bought 'em all as she's just amazing. Quirky, sassy, fun, intelligent, and funky. I can't say enough good stuff about her. Check it out at ImaniCoppola.net.

shuamort said:
Mary Lou Lord-Own Worst Enemy
Letters to Cleo-I See
Ani DiFranco-In Here
Blues Traveler-The Tiding
Phil Ochs-Links on the Chain
Richard Buckner-As the Waves Will Always Roll
Dar Williams-Traveling Again (Traveling I)
John Wesley Harding-Elvis Has Left the Building
Karen Ann-Decrocher les Atoilles
Bran Van 3000-Dare I Say
Imani Coppola-Reality Radio

About the last artist, Imani Coppola.... I love this chick. She puts out some amazing music and her website just popped up with 5 semi-unreleased albums. I bought 'em all as she's just amazing. Quirky, sassy, fun, intelligent, and funky. I can't say enough good stuff about her. Check it out at ImaniCoppola.net.

I must admit, I've only ever heard of Letters To Cleo, Ani DiFranco, and of course Blues Traveler.

Stace said:
I must admit, I've only ever heard of Letters To Cleo, Ani DiFranco, and of course Blues Traveler.
Oh my, you need to acquaint yourself with Phil Ochs for sure.

Phil Ochs was a singer/songwriter during the 1960's (variously categorized as ``topical'', ``protest'' and ``folk''). He was a contemporary (and friend) of Bob Dylan. (who said: ``I just can't keep up with Phil. And he's getting better and better and better.'') He was a prolific writer of protest songs such as Draft Dodger Rag, I Ain't Marchin' Anymore and Outside Of A Small Circle Of Friends. His output diminished at the end of the 60's after putting out 7 albums. He wrote little in the 70's and, sadly, took his own life in 1976.

He wrote a lot of songs that are amazingly (or sadly) still relevent today.
Songs like The Cannons of Christianity"
Oh the children will be sent to schools
Minds of clay are molded to their rules
Learn to fear all of eternity
Warn the cannons of Christianity

Outside of a Small Circle of Friends
Smoking marihuana is more fun than drinking beer,
But a friend of ours was captured and they gave him thirty years
Maybe we should raise our voices, ask somebody why
But demonstrations are a drag, besides we're much too high
And I'm sure it wouldn't interest anybody
Outside of a small circle of friends
The sad and silent song of a soldier
With a hero's greeting we will welcome him,
With hero's speeches we will honor him,
With a hero's ending we will bury him,
That's the sad and silent song of a soldier.

And comfort his family with a telegram,
We regret to inform you we have lost a man,
But we gave him the highest medal of the land,

We know what an awful price he had to pay,
But the enemy was contained for another day,
We trained him well, but he would have wanted it that way,

mixedmedia said:
Maybe not. I have John Denver and The Carpenters on my computer. Come on, confession is good for the soul. :2wave:

John Denver, Capenters? That's nothing I've got everything from Jim Reeves and Burl Ives to AC/DC and the Sex Pistols.

Pacridge said:
John Denver, Capenters? That's nothing I've got everything from Jim Reeves and Burl Ives to AC/DC and the Sex Pistols.
Well, hell, I can run the gamut. From Tammy Wynette to NWA to Jim Croce to Rage Against the Machine to Dusty Springfield to King Crimson to Ravi Shankar to Black Uhuru to Judy Garland to Lords of Acid to Louis Armstrong to Paliament Funkadelic. I got's it all.

Sex Pistols? I never figured you for a Sex Pistols kind of guy, that's for sure. Interesting......

I trump...

Abbott & Costello's original "Who's On First" complete radio show...

Howard Stern's show during 911...

And some Dead Milkmen...:2wave:

mixedmedia said:
Well, hell, I can run the gamut. From Tammy Wynette to NWA to Jim Croce to Rage Against the Machine to Dusty Springfield to King Crimson to Ravi Shankar to Black Uhuru to Judy Garland to Lords of Acid to Louis Armstrong to Paliament Funkadelic. I got's it all.

Sex Pistols? I never figured you for a Sex Pistols kind of guy, that's for sure. Interesting......

I've got some really odd stuff on here. Sounds like you have a lot of variety as well. Someone sends or gives me a song and I put in and forget about it. Until I hit search or random. Strange things happen when I do that. I went into the shower the other day and Areosmith was on, when I came out Walter Brennan was playing. My daughter used to load it up with stuff like Backstreet Boy's and N'Sync. I've managed to get rid of most of those, but some do show up now and then.

I've never heard of Ravi Shankar?

Pacridge said:
I've got some really odd stuff on here. Sounds like you have a lot of variety as well. Someone sends or gives me a song and I put in and forget about it. Until I hit search or random. Strange things happen when I do that. I went into the shower the other day and Areosmith was on, when I came out Walter Brennan was playing. My daughter used to load it up with stuff like Backstreet Boy's and N'Sync. I've managed to get rid of most of those, but some do show up now and then.

He's an Indian sitar player. He was good friends with George Harrison. And is Norah Jones' father. Great music. I can send you a song to sample if you like Indian music.

mixedmedia said:
He's an Indian sitar player. He was good friends with George Harrison. And is Norah Jones' father. Great music. I can send you a song to sample if you like Indian music.

Sure send it, I'll try anything. If I don't like it I can always put it in the N'sync file.

Pacridge said:
Never heard of Ochs. Better go check him out.

You got any Gear Daddy's?
I got Gear and most of Martin Zellar's solo stuff too.

Pacridge said:

I have a tendency to play shuffle the entire library, too. It's fun, though, you never know what you're gonna get next! But I really gotta get that Christmas music outta there. :roll:

mixedmedia said:
I have a tendency to play shuffle the entire library, too. It's fun, though, you never know what you're gonna get next! But I really gotta get that Christmas music outta there. :roll:
I make playlists depending on my feelings at the time...

Metal, slow, singalongs, 70s, comedy, etc....

Back
Top Bottom