• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

100 million shots by the end of our first 100 days

I suspect that Biden is talking about counting shots getting into peoples arms, not about people actually inoculated
against Covid-19, The Press will follow anything he claims, but my point is the numbers are not as bad as people claim.
Based on our talks with the transition covid team.. Biden is talking about actually people being vaccinated.. i.e. protected from the virus with the full efficacy of the vaccine.
Your point is that the numbers are not as bad? In relation to what? Not having a vaccine?
Sorry man.. but when you have states trying to implement their vaccination programs.. and they are being told that "well we are going to loosen up the federal reserve of vaccines". and then finding out that the reserve was already spent?
Thats a problem.

On Tuesday, federal officials and the CDC recommended that states open up vaccine eligibility to anyone over the age of 65 or younger residents with added risk factors. The same day, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced that Operation Warp Speed would release a stockpile of doses that had been held as insurance against supply-chain disruptions. Also on Tuesday, U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams said that “we have enough [vaccine] in reserve that we can just start pushing those doses out there.”

Many states have already expanded eligibility to anyone over 65. But states including New York, Oregon, and Connecticut focused on vaccinating health workers and nursing home residents, following prior CDC guidelines. They opened the doors to those over 65 only after Tuesday’s recommendations and the accompanying promise that more supply was on the way.
But according to reporting today from the Washington Post, the promised vaccine reserves simply aren’t there. Despite the statements from Azar and Adams, Operation Warp Speed director Christopher Sharpsten told the Post that the existence of any federal vaccine reserve was a “false rumor.” After Azar's public statements, some state health officials reportedly heard directly from Operation Warp Speed officials that their allocations would not in fact increase. But others did not find out until days later when they received unchanged weekly distribution plans.
Thats just one of many missteps and issues that have occurred with the vaccine roll out.

Based on our talks with the transition covid team.. Biden is talking about actually people being vaccinated.. i.e. protected from the virus with the full efficacy of the vaccine.
Your point is that the numbers are not as bad? In relation to what? Not having a vaccine?
Sorry man.. but when you have states trying to implement their vaccination programs.. and they are being told that "well we are going to loosen up the federal reserve of vaccines". and then finding out that the reserve was already spent?
Thats a problem.

Thats just one of many missteps and issues that have occurred with the vaccine roll out.
As I have said the posted numbers are a bit misleading, one million doses is only 500,000 people vaccinated.
The news reports thinks like only 300,000 of the 1,000,000 doses have been given, but does not seem to understand that
another 300,000 are held in reserve for the second dose, which must be given within a certain time window.
Those advocating giving all the doses they have out and hoping more doses come in for the second dose,
are deceiving themselves, and setting up an even worse failure.
From what I have seen in the Houston Area, almost all the medical personal have gotten both doses,
Senior facilities have mostly received the first dose, with the second dose in progress.
There are some issues with those over 65 who live alone, but that likely has to do with the reservation system, and can be improved.

I don't cry - I speak the truth - unlike you.
The damage that Trump inflected on America will last for a long time.
**** Trump.
I guess that's a no?

Then maybe he should shut his mouth until after he's sworn in, you know, unless you think he's a partisan hack.

I know who's a partisan hack here and it's not him.

He can't have it both ways -- giving speeches about what he's going to do his first 100 days, and then not being subject to criticism for it because he's not president yet.

You really need to find a hobby or something.

As I have said the posted numbers are a bit misleading, one million doses is only 500,000 people vaccinated.
The news reports thinks like only 300,000 of the 1,000,000 doses have been given, but does not seem to understand that
another 300,000 are held in reserve for the second dose, which must be given within a certain time window.
Those advocating giving all the doses they have out and hoping more doses come in for the second dose,
are deceiving themselves, and setting up an even worse failure.
From what I have seen in the Houston Area, almost all the medical personal have gotten both doses,
Senior facilities have mostly received the first dose, with the second dose in progress.
There are some issues with those over 65 who live alone, but that likely has to do with the reservation system, and can be improved.
Well and one million doses doesn;t necessarily mean 500,000 people vaccinated as you point out.. it could mean that most of those are only first dose.. and they may well NOT get the second dose in the allotted time.. particularly in states that were told there was a reserve coming.. only to find out.. ooopsie.. the federal reserve was used up.

Now I think you are seeing why your premise doesn;t hold up to scrutiny.
Question.. how are you in a position to know all the medical personnel in the Houston area and their vaccination status?

You really need to find a hobby or something.

Says the guy who has posted over 13,000 messages in this forum, but apparently never contributes anything but calling people a "partisan hack."

Did anyone bother to tell him that, at that rate, it will take nearly a year and a half to vaccinate 80% of Americans, or that the the vaccine rollout that "has been a dismal failure thus far" is already vaccinating people at nearly that rate?

The inauguration is happening right now, and the new president will inherit a vaccination rate of 911,493 shots per day over the past week. He's really got his work cut out for him to get those additional 90k shots/day.

Did anyone bother to tell him that, at that rate, it will take nearly a year and a half to vaccinate 80% of Americans, or that the the vaccine rollout that "has been a dismal failure thus far" is already vaccinating people at nearly that rate?

The CDC reported an additional 1.56M shots today, bringing the 7-day average above 975,000 shots per day.

WAY TO GO JOE!!!

The CDC reported an additional 1.56M shots today, bringing the 7-day average above 975,000 shots per day.

WAY TO GO JOE!!!
Increased production, refined, more experienced transportation and distribution has nothing to do with it? I'm scheduled for early Feb. It's all good. Joe had nothing to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom