• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

“I’m not pro-murdering babies”…

Killing a child is illegal.
Which is why abortion should be illegal.
It is none of the above.
It is all of the above.
But since you *think* it's irresponsible, why do you want irresponsible people to be parents.
I don't nor do I want the most innocent among us killed in the womb.
Nowhere in the Bible is abortion forbidden.
Neither is nuclear annihilation.

What's your point?
I didn't insult you. If you think I did, report it.
Yeah, ya did.
You don't get to make that determination. I know what my beliefs are and how I vote.
Still doesn't make you a Conservative.

What away to deny facts.

Too funny ! 😂 😆
I haven't denied anything.

I'm simply commenting on your use of the worst rock & roll mag out there and their opinion of Christians.

I know that anytime I want to know something critical about Christianity or the Bible I can always turn to Rolling Stone magazine.

What a wealth of truth they are!

Ireland just legalized abortion a few years ago, joined the modern civilized world.

And they are about as catholic as it gets.

America is going backwards.

Thanks conservatives.

I agree. America took a giant step backwards,
in a big part thanks ( or no thanks I should say ) to our newly appointed Catholic
and Evangelical Justices.

I read an interesting piece in the Religious News Report about a Pew Study.

https://religionnews.com/2022/05/06...e-abortion-other-religious-groups-support-it/

But perhaps the biggest misconception about religious groups is the widely held view that Catholics universally oppose abortion rights.
While the Catholic Church has consistently opposed all forms of abortion — and the U.S. bishops have made it a defining teaching of the church — the Pew survey shows that 56% of Catholics say abortion should be legal in all or most cases.

Only 44% of Catholics said they were “extremely” or “very” confident that life begins at conception.

“The bishops have been trying to convince their own people and have failed,” said the Rev. Thomas Reese, a Jesuit priest and senior analyst for Religion News Service. “Catholics don’t listen to the bishops.”

Which is why abortion should be illegal.

There is no valid reason to force women to give birth.

It is all of the above.

Prove it.

I don't nor do I want the most innocent among us killed in the womb.

It's a UTERUS and there is no human being in it. Ever.

You might want to grow one and see what pregnancy does to the body.

Neither is nuclear annihilation.

Not the topic.

What's your point?

Figure it out.

Yeah, ya did.

Prove it.

Still doesn't make you a Conservative.
Ok, admit you're a liberal.

There is no valid reason to force women to give birth.
Then there should be no reason for her getting pregnant.
Prove it.
That abortion is a sin?
It's a UTERUS...
It's the same damn thing.
...and there is no human being in it. Ever.
Which has got to be awkward for a planet full of people who think they did.
You might want to grow one and see what pregnancy does to the body.
You want a male to get pregnant?

That's really not how all this works.
Not the topic.
Neither is, "What's not in the Bible?" but that is the game you wanted to play.
Figure it out.
It's not for me to figure out your point. If you don't have one...you don't have one.

No, that's just a simple definition. Before birth, it's a fetus. At birth, its a child.
And it is always a human being. When you abort a child, you are killing a human being.

Then there should be no reason for her getting pregnant.

Whut???

That abortion is a sin?
......no, this:
Abortion is the refuge of the immature, irresponsible, self

It's the same damn thing.

Uterus is proper medical terminology.

Which has got to be awkward for a planet full of people who think they did.

?????

You want a male to get pregnant?

That's really not how all this works.

Some do get pregnant.

Neither is, "What's not in the Bible?" but that is the game you wanted to play.

It's not for me to figure out your point. If you don't have one...you don't have one.

It is relevant when people claim God is anti choice.

If your only recourse for an unplanned pregnancy is abortion then you are simply too immature to be having sex.
...no, this:
"No" this what?
Uterus is proper medical terminology.
And used interchangeably with "womb".

Seriously, are you so un-interesting that the only thing you can come up with is the meaning of the word "uterus"?
You don't believe that women carry children in their womb or uterus or whatever you want to call it. This is very confusing for the rest of us who were carried in our mother's womb.
Some do get pregnant.
You think biological males get pregnant?

I know it's really in vogue right now to believe such things but...wow...that's just so stupid. Why would you believe such a thing.
It is relevant when people claim God is anti choice.
As opposed to those people that claim that God is pro-murder of the unborn?

Yea, right.

If your only recourse for an unplanned pregnancy is abortion then you are simply too immature to be having sex.

"No" this what?

And used interchangeably with "womb".

Seriously, are you so un-interesting that the only thing you can come up with is the meaning of the word "uterus"?

You don't believe that women carry children in their womb or uterus or whatever you want to call it. This is very confusing for the rest of us who were carried in our mother's womb.

You think biological males get pregnant?

I know it's really in vogue right now to believe such things but...wow...that's just so stupid. Why would you believe such a thing.

As opposed to those people that claim that God is pro-murder of the unborn?

Yea, right.
Wow, the cognitive disconnect in your posts...

It must be magic if that is when a child becomes a "child".

According to U.S. Code Birth defines :

U.S. Code § 8. “Person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual”

(a)
In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the words “person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual”, shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.
(b)
As used in this section, the term “born alive”, with respect to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the complete expulsion or extraction from his or her mother of that member, at any stage of development, who after such expulsion or extraction breathes or has a beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been cut, and regardless of whether the expulsion or extraction occurs as a result of natural or induced labor, cesarean section, or induced abortion.

They have no control over their sex drive and too lazy to get free pills. The vast majority of abortions are contraception through killing, by choice, for self-serving purposes. I support terminating a pregnancy for medical reasons, rape, incest, and severe and uncommon circumstances.

But just because you want to finish school? or Nail and Hair academy? or you're embarrassing your family?

Nope. Behaviors have consequences. Get used to that - it's called adulthood. It's your responsibility. Life is tough, sugar-britches.
In other words, punish those women for having sex. They are hussies and akin to prostitutes. But the men who impregnate them? They're just being men, not able to control their own sex drive. How misogynistic of you.

You're right. There should be exceptions and I would expect those states to come around and amend their abortion laws.
Public pressure will probably demand exceptions.
Oh, boy. Do you really believe that about public pressure? Or is it just your way of attempting to persuade others that you are, in part, a reasonable person?

minnie mouse,
I don't disagree with the statistics you present regarding members of religious groups being in favor of abortion.
The irony and paradox is certainly there. Christianity is opposed to abortion. Biden and Pelosi are supposedly 'devout' Catholics. What a joke. And both of them are going to be scheming to codify Roe v Wade by destroying a tradition (the filibuster) created 180 years ago. So the pro-choice fanatics want to go against the Supreme Court, Christian doctrine, and an important political tradition to enshrine, into law, the right to kill babies in the womb.
Tell me that is not crazy.

BTW, I am not opposed to abortion prior to when a fetus is viable outside the womb. And abortion should have exceptions.
Not true. Some sects of Christianity (including the Roman Catholic church) are opposed to abortion, and birth control, and homosexuals having rights. That doesn't mean that the U.S. law should incorporate those beliefs/doctrines.

Please cite just one place in the Christian Bible that is doctrine regarding abortion. Wait, I'll save you the time. There is none. Read the Old Testament and God, himself, is ordering "his people" to kill pregnant women. So much for doctrine. At least what you claim is Christian doctrine,

Oh, boy. Do you really believe that about public pressure? Or is it just your way of attempting to persuade others that you are, in part, a reasonable person?
Public pressure from voters translates into modified abortion laws.
Wait and see.

In other words, punish those women for having sex. They are hussies and akin to prostitutes. But the men who impregnate them? They're just being men, not able to control their own sex drive. How misogynistic of you.

Nowhere in my statement did I specify one single gender, and in fact, if you reread it, it applies to both parties in the situation.

On top of that, you built a straw man, and assigned me a position that I didn't take.

People like you are why people like me are fleeing the Democratic Party.

Back
Top Bottom