• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘They are running away’: Clyburn blasts DeVos, Chao for resigning without invoking 25th Amendment

exoplanet

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
From Politico
House Majority Whip James Clyburn on Friday accused former Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao of “running away from their responsibility” by resigning from President Donald Trump’s Cabinet before invoking the 25th Amendment to remove him from office.

In an interview Friday morning on CNN, Clyburn (D-S.C.) repeated his call for Cabinet members to join together to remove Trump from the presidency, arguing that particular constitutional remedy was preferable to launching a second round of impeachment proceedings in the final 12 days of Trump’s term.
Why are all these official resigning days before their time is up?

Apparently Pence doesn't have the stomach for invoking the 25th (not sure I blame him TBH), so I'd say the rats are leaving the sinking ship. They don't want to be associated with Trump anymore and they certainly don't want to be associated with the pro-Trump insurrection. Who will be the last ones holding the bag I wonder?

They're all spineless self-serving cowards.

They always were.

From Politico
Why are all these official resigning days before their time is up?

Apparently Pence doesn't have the stomach for invoking the 25th (not sure I blame him TBH), so I'd say the rats are leaving the sinking ship. They don't want to be associated with Trump anymore and they certainly don't want to be associated with the pro-Trump insurrection. Who will be the last ones holding the bag I wonder?
All of these people were only in it for the power and connections their positions could afford them, governing was for somebody else to do. Rudy and don jr. will be the last ones.

Payback can be a bitch.

Tarnished by Trump: National security officials struggle to find new jobs

They have been snubbed by potential employers, told they would be a “liability” and in one instance were even compared to the "Hitler Youth."

This is the job market many experienced national security officials who work for President Donald Trump are facing just days before a new president takes office and they will be out of work.

Across the administration, national security officials have been struggling to find new employment, and conversations with seven former and current officials reveal that they have been tainted by their time working for Trump.

Apparently Pence doesn't have the stomach for invoking the 25th (not sure I blame him TBH),

My guess is that Pence doesn't want to lie in order to be acting President for a few days.

My guess is that Pence doesn't want to lie in order to be acting President for a few days.
My interpretation of the 25th is that it wasn't intended to apply to someone with enough physical and mental faculties to be prosecuted for their actions.

Back
Top Bottom