• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Right in the trash’: Texas ballot rejections soar, AP finds

But here's the real shocker, of course:

This is why republicans cannot be trusted to govern. They are not fundamentally suited to the idea of a representational republic.
Good reason to not have mail in ballots. Vote in person.

In the cradle of democracy, thousands of years ago, a representative republic meant that you showed up on the appointed day, at the appointed hour, at the appointed place to put your rock in the jar. No excuses. No exceptions. And it worked. Why it is that in the 21st century people act as though it’s rocket science just boggles the mind. If someone is too stupid to vote then I’m okay with them not voting. In fact, I prefer it.

In the cradle of democracy only 10 to 20% of the adult population was allowed to vote. It is easy to do if you have slaves and servants doing your work

You don't need my social for me to vote. That's absurd and should be illegal. Signature is fine
Tried signature and the left howled. Even if everyone could vote telepathically whenever they wanted at their leisure the left would find some dumb reason to complain. You folks are never satisfied by anything.

In the cradle of democracy, thousands of years ago, a representative republic meant that you showed up on the appointed day, at the appointed hour, at the appointed place to put your rock in the jar. No excuses. No exceptions. And it worked. Why it is that in the 21st century people act as though it’s rocket science just boggles the mind. If someone is too stupid to vote then I’m okay with them not voting. In fact, I prefer it.
So you would support a poll tax - say, asking how many jellybeans are in a jar in order to vote? There aren't any education requirements to vote nor should there be. Cheating to win an election is exactly who Trump is and who the GQP are today. It sucks and Americans will suffer if this type of crap is allowed to continue.

We also didn't have secret ballots till the late 1800's... It just boggles my mind that people still support ancient ways of voting... It's almost like the don't want people voting...
No, they just don't support leaving the election open to massive manipulation. Like finding hundreds of thousands of votes overnight to change to outcome.

This is exactly what Republicans wanted:
But the rejection rate was higher in counties that lean Democratic (15.1%) than Republican (9.1%).
This was done to affect the outcome of the election, not to 'prevent fraud:'
The most rejections were around Houston, a Democratic stronghold, where Harris County elections officials reported that nearly 7,000 mail ballots — about 19% — were discarded. During the last midterm elections in 2018, Texas’ largest county only rejected 135 mail ballots.

I think people who don’t own property shouldn’t be allowed to vote on things that involve property tax levies because they have no skin in the game.
So just a quick hop back to white males also?

So you would support a poll tax - say, asking how many jellybeans are in a jar in order to vote? There aren't any education requirements to vote nor should there be. Cheating to win an election is exactly who Trump is and who the GQP are today. It sucks and Americans will suffer if this type of crap is allowed to continue.
I would support simplifying the whole thing and making Election Day a federal holiday and requiring in person voting on the day. Exercise your right to vote in person or don’t. I don’t care about a laundry list of pathetic excuses for not putting your jelly bean in the jar. Eat it for all I care. Decisions are made by the people who show up.

This is why republicans cannot be trusted to govern. They are not fundamentally suited to the idea of a representational republic.
You think that's bad, you should see the rejection rate in blue states!

😂 😂 😂 😂

Talk about a thread fail.

They are the party of voter suppression.

Is your need to lie habitual? 'Right in the trash'

Last week, AP reported that 27,000 ballots had been flagged in Texas for initial rejection, meaning those voters still had time to “fix” their ballot for several days after the primary and have it count. But the final figures suggest most voters did not.

Who here has had trouble figuring out how to vote? Please, come forward. Don't be shy, lefties.

SSN and/or valid ID: don’t see the problem here. Sounds like the liberal argument is just another over the top excuse for some « voter fraud »….

29,000 ballots rejected.
1/5 of the population.

OMG! Democrats are disenfranchising voters!
They hate black people!
They want to destroy democracy!!!!

Source wants me to sign up. LOL.

That being said, the population of Colorado is 5.77 million. 20% of 5.77 million would be 1,154,000 rejected votes.

Try harder.

Back
Top Bottom