• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House colludes with Facebook 1st Amendment violations

I agree to disagree. They are following the procedures already promulgated by that private sector firm. Just another "user" flagging "false" content.

The government in flagging or other actions for trying to remove posts is a violation.

These people talking about free speech... who don't think or talk about "Responsible Speech".....
  • I wonder how to they correct their kids who use abusive, misleading, or lying speech?
IF they do correct their kids, why can't they correct themselves.

Most of such types who push this delusions they can say anything they want,
  • only want to promote the anti democracy right wing spins,
  • speech tries to deny something to society or groups or someone;
  • speech that want to try and stagnate or regress something,
  • and they want to think they are covert in spinning their promotional white nationalist spins.

Thank goodness, Universities take a stand in not allowing such on their campuses. and hopefully social media takes a firmer stand against allowing such, because it is not 'Responsible Speech that Supports, Benefits, or Advances America's Democracy.

So I guess you guys are fine with the government violating the 1st Amendment for which could include the news media. Which might also violate the freedom of the press if posts were removed from the press releases too. Wow, incredible. Not a surprise though for you guys.
As long as it suppresses their perceived enemy, they are fine with it.

They seem to be cool with police brutality as long as it's directed at people they don't like.

As long as it suppresses their perceived enemy, they are fine with it.

They seem to be cool with police brutality as long as it's directed at people they don't like.

By any means nessicarily, even if the government suppresses free speech, it's all good for the "right" reasons.

If you actually had read and understood the 1st amendment, you wouldn’t post stupid shit like your above.

Read; https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/first_amendment

Facebook is a privately owned company. Users have no Constitutional right of free speech on a privately owned platform. Period.

Additionally, Congress created Section 230, wherein it specifically states;
“No provider or user of an interactive com- puter service shall be held liable on account of—any action voluntarily taken in good faith to restrict access to or availability of material that the provider or user considers to be obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, exces- sively violent, harassing, or otherwise objec- tionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected”

huh, actually, that right there is unconstitutional.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,

secetion 230 allows the abridgement of speech, thus it is unconstitutional as enacted by congress.

Maybe President Biden needs to talk down to people who do not look like he does and maybe are not as " clean & articulate " as he is ?
But so what even if they are , That could still help change hearts & minds , right ?
View attachment 67343616
Not a bad graphic , it qualifies you for your

BADGES_NitwitsRubesOafs01.jpg
merit badge and that comes with a free copy of
BOOKS_CultsForDummies.jpg
and a free "Trump Friendly" motivational poster
POSTER_Information01.jpg

Last edited:
Let me fix that sentence for you.

Private entity being Facebook working with the White House in flagging and removing LIES related to Covid-19.

During a national health emergency, I would want/expect my government to look out for the well being of it's citizens. If going after lies and miss-information to achieve that goal is what they have to do, good for them.
well you should go live in china then. they have a real good get rid of dissenters, "lies" and "misinformation" program.

Press Secretary admits White House working with Facebook on removing claimed misinformation which violates 1st Amendment. First it's racist policies, now government suppressing free speech.

White House teams up with social media to reduce public health misinformation.

Fixed it for ya.

Interesting statements from Psaki.

The White House wants Facebook to act quicker in removing posts containing vaccine misinformation.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Facebook takes too long to remove "violative posts" during a press briefing. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy said during the briefing that misinformation is slowing the pace of vaccinations in the US.

"Facebook needs to move more quickly to remove violative posts," Psaki said. "Posts that will be within their policies' removal often remain up for days. That's too long. The information spreads too quickly."

Does this not appear to be demands for censorship from the federal government to a private company?
Is this not the definition of when the private company becomes a 'state actor'?
They are making it known the misinformation is aiding the pandemic. Get it?

The government in flagging or other actions for trying to remove posts is a violation.
Maybe you should visit some other countries and try 'saying anything you think you want to say".... and see how that works for you.
  • You likely will come back and learn to respect the parameters of "America's Free Speech" in the context of "Responsible Speech".
This is not the pre-1960's of white nationalist segregation, when "white people" could say anything they wanted about to or about other ethnic groups and suffer no consequences. That's the craziness that white nationalist agenda of the past allowed too many to think they can continue in this day and time doing what their ancestry did.

After Charlottesville and Jan. 6th savages terrorist treasonous attack on the U.S. Capitol and American Democracy.... "There is no more of the "assuming that just because a group has white skin, that they are not a domestic threat"... That delusions is over!!!
It may have worked during Jim Crow, when whites supported whites attacking blacks and other minorities and then pretending that the white people were not criminal in such savagery, well.... Civil Rights Legislation put laws in place to address such motivation and agenda and there is no more "all white juries" and "all white judges" to give them a pass for being white people.

We will get some legislation in place (and hopefully it happens sooner than later), to stop these race hate groups and anti government types from parading with their military styled gear and military styled and likeness weapons from being a part of any public assembly. Then make it a automatic Felony punishable by a 20 yrs Federal Sentence, to go on any Federal, State, or Local Government Building or grounds carrying weapons, i.e. guns, long guns, assault style weapons, and bullet proof vest and other type things that can be added to the list, such as what these terroristic insurrectionist did in Michigan and other places.

Not one of these groups will go to a court house or governmental civic building in Beverly Hills, Palm Spring, North Hills, East Hills, Scarsdale, Highland Park or any other wealthy city in any state and try this stuff. The laws against it will get passed quicker than one can drink a glass of water.

Last edited:
they should do that. they SHOULD NOT tell facebook what to censor.

When what is being posted is destroying public health policy it becomes a national health issue.

I already did provide a link, perhaps you should more carefully "read" my posts.

No, you provided a link to ONE of the TWO cases that you cited.

The one case that you cited and provided a link to, did not support your contention (as shown by the quoted parts [which you {obviously} had not read]) and the other case (to which I provided a link but you didn't) had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with your position because the relative positions of "the government" and "the private party" were reversed.

Again, I really do advise you to stop flailing and accept the fact that whomever told you what to believe and provided you with links that they said proved their position, simply didn't know what they were talking about and the fact that you were unwary enough to take someone's word for what something said without ever once checking it out.

When what is being posted is destroying public health policy it becomes a national health issue.
sorry the feds don;t run my life. I do. I can make adult decisions without their help, so they need to stop demanding and start asking nicely.

(even though I have been vaccinated, of my own recognizance. )

sorry the feds don;t run my life. I do. I can make adult decisions without their help, so they need to stop demanding and start asking nicely.

(even though I have been vaccinated, of my own recognizance. )

Where is written everyone must be on FB?

1. Already did, as I cited a Supreme Court case that defines state actors in regards to private entities.

2. The government does not necessarily have to just pass laws to violate freedom of speech. Actions themselves by the government can violate freedom of speech.

[1] Yes you did, and I showed you how those definitions did NOT apply.

[2] Once again, show me the LAW that Congress passed (which is a necessity to prove a violation of that particular "constitutional right").

Where is written everyone must be on FB?
its not, but it is written that the federal government will not abridge free speech, so they need to keep their BS out of it. they do not get 2 cents on the social media issue.

Then what stops the gop from filing a case to stop this?

Possibly because the GOP has at least one lawyer with a modicum of brains coupled with a modicum of legal knowledge plus the ability to understand court judgments AND the honesty to tell them that they would be wasting their money BEFORE accepting payment to organize and file a totally frivolous law suit?

its not, but it is written that the federal government will not abridge free speech, so they need to keep their BS out of it. they do not get 2 cents on the social media issue.

Your "it is written that the federal government will not abridge free speech" is about as close to being totally wrong as it can be without slipping over the line into delusion.

There are a plethora of federal government laws (and regulations) that restrict what a person may say and under what conditions they may say it and the courts have upheld those laws time after time after time.

Press Secretary admits White House working with Facebook on removing claimed misinformation which violates 1st Amendment. First it's racist policies, now government suppressing free speech.

Yes Republicans will continue to claim their right to falsely yell fire in crowded theaters is Constitutional and protected by the 1st amendment. They are as wrong as they can be. Dangerous lies that kill people are not freedom of speech they are criminal behavior and should be prosecuted as such.

The govt has a right to their own free speech

Back
Top Bottom