• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:214] US hiring slows sharply in August as delta variant stunts job gains

You've already shown that conveying context is beyond your capabilities. Cherry picking and attacking strawmen isn't a valid substitute for providing context.

Context is objective, and doesn't bend to the dynamics of the struggle for political power.

The one whose (Trump's base) minority believes the election was stolen, the vaccines allow 5g towers to report vitals, and mask / vaccine mandates are threat to their constitutional rights
I have come to the realization that you and I aren't going to agree on anything! Your understanding of data comes from someone who is booksmart and straight stupid stupid I don't see any reason to continue this with you

I have come to the realization that you and I aren't going to agree on anything! Your understanding of data comes from someone who is booksmart and straight stupid stupid I don't see any reason to continue this with you
That's because you're partisan. You are willing to manipulate data as long as it benefits the gop. That's why you need to make obama president in March 08 and biden president on March 2020.

That's because you're partisan. You are willing to manipulate data as long as it benefits the gop. That's why you need to make obama president in March 08 and biden president on March 2020.
Please take a civics course and find out what Congress does, Congress under Democratic control of the legislation and purse strings. It is stunning how partisan, biased and totally uninformed you are. If there were 146 million Americans working pre recession, and 152 million working when Obama left office how many NEW jobs were created in 9 years? Does it matter when Obama took office as the job creation was 6 million over that 9 year period. there is a reason Obama lost the House in 10-12-14 and the Congress in 14-16, care to explain why? History is repeating itself now and will in the 2022 elections as you continue to support the incompetent Biden. I will also remind you

1630934921341.png

Please take a civics course and find out what Congress does, Congress under Democratic control of the legislation and purse strings. It is stunning how partisan, biased and totally uninformed you are. If there were 146 million Americans working pre recession, and 152 million working when Obama left office how many NEW jobs were created in 9 years? Does it matter when Obama took office as the job creation was 6 million over that 9 year period. there is a reason Obama lost the House in 10-12-14 and the Congress in 14-16, care to explain why? History is repeating itself now and will in the 2022 elections as you continue to support the incompetent Biden. I will also remind you

View attachment 67352308
More lies. Obama wasn't president for 9 years. Obama created 20 million jobs. Biden has created 23 million already. You really need to get your lying checked by a doctor. The might be willing to give you something for it.

What polices has he enacted to stop the spread of Delta? Clearly they are not working. We elected him to get Covid under control, not throw up his hands and say "what can we do?"
Huh? When we have the far right wing media discouraging people from getting the vaccine, from wearing masks, from not doing what the CDC prescribes as the best methods to slow Delta how can you blame Biden for that? It's the UNVACCINATED who are responsible for the surge in Covid, period. It doesn't take a giant brain to figure out that if more than 99% of the people in ICUs are unvaccinated what the solution is.

Personally, I'm 100% for mandatory vaccines except for those with a real medical reason to not get it. The South, where the percentage of unvaccinated is much higher than the Northeast or West is where the surge is thriving and growing. This is FACT. If we require everyone to get the vaccine the positive affect in two months would not only save lots of lives it would greatly benefit the economy and unemployment number.

Did you have parents that taught you personal responsibility? Why do you wear a mask? Is it the government's responsibility to tell you what you should do for personal responsibility issues?
When it comes to the vaccine YES the government should mandate it because too many millions of moronic Americans are too damn stupid to do what's best for them and all of us.

When exactly did I argue that we don't need gov't? Are you going to tell us or show us where the Federal Gov't has the authority to mandate vaccines, wearing of masks, and quarantines?
Government, regardless of Federal, State or Local needs to MANDATE VACCINES and there's plenty of precedent for it. I don't care which government does it but until ALL do our economy and job creation will suffer. It's the AHOLE states like Texas, Florida, Mississippi, Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama, South Carolina (see the pattern of southern states?) that are harming the economy - NOT BIDEN. Texas is the worst now, followed closely by Florida. It all comes back to vaccines. What sort of motherffer is so damn stupid that they won't get the vaccine? Those people need to be mandated to get it so we can all get back to work, safety and a prospering economy.

Then you are getting exactly what you want, fewer of those Trump voters, liberalism for life!! Waiting for you to show me where the Federal or even the state gov't have the authority to mandate that Americans get vaccinated? So easy to give up freedom of choice, isn't it unless of course is it abortion and taking the life of the unbornn.
Uhm....the Supreme Court ruled that vaccines can be mandated in 1905:

It's amazing that one the hand, in the same post you claim that government doesn't have the right to tell people what they can or should do and then you want to tell women they can't get an abortion. Unborn means not a person according to the Supreme Court and to revive one of your favorite questions: "How does a woman getting an abortion affect you?"

There are very few posters at DP who are as hypocritical as you.

Huh? When we have the far right wing media discouraging people from getting the vaccine, from wearing masks, from not doing what the CDC prescribes as the best methods to slow Delta how can you blame Biden for that? It's the UNVACCINATED who are responsible for the surge in Covid, period. It doesn't take a giant brain to figure out that if more than 99% of the people in ICUs are unvaccinated what the solution is.

Personally, I'm 100% for mandatory vaccines except for those with a real medical reason to not get it. The South, where the percentage of unvaccinated is much higher than the Northeast or West is where the surge is thriving and growing. This is FACT. If we require everyone to get the vaccine the positive affect in two months would not only save lots of lives it would greatly benefit the economy and unemployment number.
Yes, I blame Biden for not having better results. People are dying, and he's like "but right wing media!!!!"

Screw that. Either fight covid or get someone who will. We don't need two presidents in a row to sit on their asses, unwilling and unable to step up to combat a deadly pandemic.

You're just talking shit.

By all means, state these steps and avenues available to achieve them. You won't.

Other countries don't have 1/4 of their population brainwashed by an opposition party looking to exploit a crisis, thereby happening their country, to regain power.
Biden needs to do better. If he can't, someone who is willing and able should be president. People are dying and he's hiding in Delaware saying "what can be done?"

The fact that people have just given up fighting covid is awful, but the fact that our president has is unforgivable.

Australia and France have huge anti covid restriction protests; their leaders are still able to protect their populations. Biden is not the only one facing push back; but Biden is the only leader who refuses to protect the United States.

Yes, I blame Biden for not having better results. People are dying, and he's like "but right wing media!!!!"

Screw that. Either fight covid or get someone who will. We don't need two presidents in a row to sit on their asses, unwilling and unable to step up to combat a deadly pandemic.
Trump ACTIVELY tried to get people not to get the vaccine and not to wear masks..or social distance.. Liberate Michigan and all that crap..

Biden is doing just opposite. There is no comparison..

By the way, amazing how an additional 12,000 NY deaths magically appeared AFTER Cuomo resigned. A few months into the pandemic Cuomo was taking victory laps over his handling only to find out like with most liberals lies don't count.
Once again, Mr. Context, you're manipulating Fox News BULLSHIT. The official number of NY State deaths has been clear for a long time and in almost all public trackers they've been reported at the higher number.

"Federal health officials and some academic institutions tracking COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. have been using the higher tally for many months because of known gaps in the data Cuomo had been choosing to publicize."

Total CasesTotal Deaths
1California4,421,84266,497
2Texas3,703,80658,653
3Florida3,354,25346,324
4New York2,374,45954,965

These numbers have been reported accurately from the beginning. NY State had 23K+ more deaths than Texas in July 2020 so since then Texas has almost 27K more deaths than NY. Why? Texas has only vaccinated 48.1% of its population but NY has 60.7%. To eat indoors in NY state you have to show proof of vaccination. NY is doing a MUCH BETTER JOB of containing Covid than Texas ever will UNLESS there's a vaccine mandate.

Over the past 2 weeks Texas & Florida lead the US in cases and deaths. FL cases = 15,462 per day and TX cases = 19,062 per day. FL deaths per day = 335 and TX deaths per day = 246. NY? 5,011 per day and deaths per day = 30. These trends are similar for the past 30, 60 and 90 days.

You should be blaming the Governors of states like TX and Fla for not pushing getting vaccinated and doing things like trying to take School personals pay away for requiring masks
here is some reading for you
https://www.politico.com/states/flo...and-punishes-two-school-districts-over-masks-
Have a nice afternoon

Last edited:
What he hasn't done is protect Americans from contracting and spreading covid. His results are ****ing awful, and should be better. We expected better, and his shrugging of shoulders saying "I'm doing everything" while people die of preventable disease is pathetic.
What should he do that he's not doing now? Easy to post nonsense without a solution. What's your plan?

Trump ACTIVELY tried to get people not to get the vaccine and not to wear masks..or social distance.. Liberate Michigan and all that crap..

Biden is doing just opposite. There is no comparison..
The results speak for themselves. Spiking covid deaths and spiking case numbers, months after a vaccine is available, is a dismal failure. Do you give Trump credit now that he's pushing the vaccine? Or should we still be pissed that so many people are dying and no one is stepping up to combat it like other nations have done?

What should he do that he's not doing now? Easy to post nonsense without a solution. What's your plan?
Same thing New Zealand and South Korea and Japan have done. It works great, and would save lives.

Be gone....

As i thought... you've got nothing but criticism and vague references to other countries that have fared better throughout the earlier stages of the pandemic.
They are faring better now, as well.

That's the point. Anybody who isn't critical of a leader who refuses to step up and combat covid effectively is doing so only for political reasons. People are dying and everyone is like "What's the president supposed to do about it?"

Two years and two administrations of failures.

You should be blaming the Governors of states like TX and Fla for not pushing getting vaccinated and doing things like trying to take School personals pay away for requiring masks
Have a nice afternoon
This is a national problem and we need a unified, national plan to combat it. Leaving it up to the states hasn't worked out so well, has it? Trump plan wasn't that great, despite your obvious support for it.

Why does it matter? Biden was hired to get us back to pre pandemic levels just like Obama was in 2008, both failed miserable, Obama not until 2014 and Biden a long way to go. Why do people continue to tout results without that context?
Always find this argument a little weird. The Republican president trashes the economy, but your real complaint is that the Dem president doesn't fix it fast enough???? I'm not a Biden fan, but thinking that anyone is going to quickly fix the economy in a country where many states have more or less chosen to let Delta run wild is foolish. Without closing state borders you only need one state to not focus on containing Delta for the whole country to end up back in covid impacted economic confidence.

This is a national problem and we need a unified, national plan to combat it. Leaving it up to the states hasn't worked out so well, has it? Trump plan wasn't that great, despite your obvious support for it.
You must have me mixed up with somebody that backed what Trump did on this I don't and never did ( all his lies and double talk back when this all started lead to Governors of the states that got hit first to not know what to believe and what to do and many people died)
Now as soon as a President says he wants to do something like mandate getting people vaccinated on a National scale the Right steps in and starts crying STATES RIGHTS . STATES RIGHTS and all that kind of stuff
and A President can call for people to get the shot but hasn't got the authority to force everybody to get one
I would like to see a national mandate but that isn't going to happen because of these states that yell states rights and them having right wing Governors like in Fla who is against everything so much so that he is threatening taking School personals pay away from them if they push the mask thing
GET the GOVERNORS of these states to push the shots and NOT try to block them and then we will see some real results
have a nice day

Trump level avoiding responsibility. Covid is not going to magically go away. There are more steps than "ignore the problem until a vaccine is available, and then just hope that Americans take it."

Other countries are handling outbreaks: Why is Biden refusing to?
I asked you a few days ago, 'what specific actions would you like Biden to take that he isn't taking?' As far as I know, I didn't get an answer.

My view is that Biden has done everything he can and now it's up to people to get vaccinated. If they refuse, it's not Biden's fault. There also seems to be a segment of people that are willing to catch Covid just to make Biden look bad.

Back
Top Bottom