• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A conservative talk-show host who said 'you're probably safer not getting' the vaccine is now seriously ill with COVID-19,

Sports is taking a lead in football... "No Vaccine -No Play - No Pay Check"! Eventually, other industries and business will adopt the policy. People did not spend decades building these industries and business nor did the government invest $Trillion because of this virus, just continue to allow people to just "ignore the safety preventative measures" regarding this pandemic. The point and fact that it is a Global Pandemic, is justification enough for any government to mandate provisions and measures to mitigate its spread.
Everyone in Every Country lives in a "governed society"... those who don't know what that means, need to take a crash course in Civics. Government don't want to mandate the vaccine, but they have the power to do so, if that is the options to protect the national security of the nation and the world, because people are a national security component of any and every country.

Some might need to read The Preamble to the Constitution... it has a clause that say's "promote the general Welfare"...
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
end quote

The Wild Wild West Days Are Over and John Wayne was nothing more than a Media Actor playing entertainment character roles. so those who are hung up on that kind of self deluding modeling... need to awaken because they are not in a scripted movie... this is "Real Life".

Yes, got vaxed as soon as available. Please don't confuse conservative with trumpism.

I like to say I am a life long republican not Trumpist. So I know what you mean.

That said, I don't think I can any longer make the distinction. The GOp and Trumpism are now one. Same with conservatives.

True conservatives and true republican literally have no tribe now.

sorry, he's all yours (trump). If he runs again, YOU will vote for him. That is of course unless the cons own yourself first.
Hillary was the 1st Dem I ever voted for and Jo was the second. The republican party was a conservative party pre trump. Now we have no conservative party. But we do have conservatives, Cheney comes to mind.

I honestly have no doubt that this recent Dying Confessions movement in the media is well intentioned, but it's really depressing.

Hillary was the 1st Dem I ever voted for and Jo was the second. The republican party was a conservative party pre trump. Now we have no conservative party. But we do have conservatives, Cheney comes to mind.

I was so torn in 2016 I made up mind who to vote for while walking from my car to the polling place.

In the end I pulled the lever for Hill. I had just enough doubt that Trump would do the right thing if elected. I had no clue how sick he was. I though it was just a show.
Boy, was I wrong.

I honestly have no doubt that this recent Dying Confessions movement in the media is well intentioned, but it's really depressing.

Sad part is, it does not seem to move many.

It's always the other guys. Just a TV event till it's you, to many.

ohhh, those conservatives are a pretty gullible group. I mean, have you listened to the advertisements on white wing radio? That's some far out shit!
Those are not conservatives. You seem to be caught up in Trump's us vs them mentality.

I don't blame anyone for not knowing what to believe.
If they can't believe all the local doctor commercials asking their neighbors to get the vaccine, their Governors asking them to vaccinate (though not to social distance or mask up... :rolleyes:

The state Directors of Health numbers- 99% of all deaths and 97% of all serious hospitalizations are unvaccinated people then it is difficult to buy the 'don't know who to believe' crap... ✌️

**** him!!

It tragic to see someone done in by their own arrogance. While this is a little "watch this, I can fly without wings" , it still is tragic. Defying science usually does not work out to well for the defier.

Prayers for he and his family.... "forgive them Father, for they know not what they do ..... in fact, forgive all Conservatives, as very few know what they do..."

Last edited:
why would you be sorry? He is cancer being on the airways
Because the research end of this has been all consuming for a lot of scientists, and i don't want to see anyone catch it. I want it to be over. I won't get specific, but i read about a person that i don't like who was helped to live by something that i had a role in, and i am happy about that. I'm glad to see that all of the time scientists put in helps to save lives. We aren't on the front lines like healthcare and retail workers, but we work our asses off.

Yes, got vaxed as soon as available. Please don't confuse conservative with trumpism.
Only problem is conservatives, who should be standing up long before this, either sat silently or supported the MAGA talking points of low death rates and vaccines are dangerous (tRump was touting the vaccines as his great accomplishment)... :cautious:

Now that the deaths are 99% unvaccinated and the seriously ill in hospitals are 97% unvaccinated the GOP governors are now calling for their citizens to get the vaccine... ✌️

Because the research end of this has been all consuming for a lot of scientists, and i don't want to see anyone catch it. I want it to be over. I won't get specific, but i read about a person that i don't like who was helped to live by something that i had a role in, and i am happy about that. I'm glad to see that all of the time scientists put in helps to save lives. We aren't on the front lines like healthcare and retail workers, but we work our asses off.
im not so sympathetic. I have a hard time feeling sorry for those that jump off a cliff when science tells us that we shouldn't because we dont have wings.

Republicans: Build a wall! America is like our home! The Democrats build walls around their homes!

Covid: Hi, I'm going to infect hundreds of thousands inside your home.

Republicans: Sometimes people die. You just a cold anyhow. China made ya. You are gonna go away like a miracle. Maybe infect like 15 people. Bring it China fluuuuuuu!

It's like the Coen Brothers are directing Covid: The Movie.

im not so sympathetic. I have a hard time feeling sorry for those that jump off a cliff when science tells us that we shouldn't because we dont have wings.
I'm still a bit tender hearted about it. If i could wave my hand and just eliminate ****ing COVID, I would. I am angry about how COVIDiots just keep extending this shit on and on, though.

I want him to recover, then go on air to promote getting vaccinated. Then have his callers call him an American hating liberal who hates freedom. Then this clown goes bankrupt.

They're coming so thick and fast that it is becoming impossible to even keep track of them all.
Trump Supporter Who Protested Against Vaccinations Dies of COVID-19
Unvaccinated Jacksonville dad hospitalized for COVID-19, warns others to take virus seriously
This is the fourth and fifth case I've seen in three hours.
Soon it will be a tidal wave.

They really ARE literally DYING "to own the libtards".
Are you going to talk about all of the non Republicans who refused the vaccine and have died? Currently in Los Angels county there is a huge uptick in covid infections which are growing exponentially by the day, just as you are already aware of. The Los Angeles health dept has said that these are mainly unvaccinated, or under vaccinated people.

Now, are we to assume this huge outbreak in liberal democrat LOS ANGELES county are just Republicans....ROTHLMAO!

Tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Vaccine avoidance is not specifically centered around Republicans or conservatives. I am a life long conservative, as are all of my family and all of my friends. I know not of one single person in my circle of conservative family and friends who refused to be vaccinated. In fact, I am not ashamed to admit that we even JUMPED the line to be vaccinated early, because we understood the importance. And the only reason we jumped the line, was after hearing the county was prioritizing prisoners and homeless drug addicts over normal folks, so we knew it better not to wait until we were considered worthy of protection.

Are you going to talk about all of the non Republicans who refused the vaccine and have died? Currently in Los Angels county there is a huge uptick in covid infections which are growing exponentially by the day, just as you are already aware of. The Los Angeles health dept has said that these are mainly unvaccinated, or under vaccinated people.

Now, are we to assume this huge outbreak in liberal democrat LOS ANGELES county are just Republicans....ROTHLMAO!

Tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Vaccine avoidance is not specifically centered around Republicans or conservatives. I am a life long conservative, as are all of my family and all of my friends. I know not of one single person in my circle of conservative family and friends who refused to be vaccinated. In fact, I am not ashamed to admit that we even JUMPED the line to be vaccinated early, because we understood the importance. And the only reason we jumped the line, was after hearing the county was prioritizing prisoners and homeless drug addicts over normal folks, so we knew it better not to wait until we were considered worthy of protection.
believe it or not, there are a lot of republicans here in So. Cal

believe it or not, there are a lot of republicans here in So. Cal
Yes, but not as many in Los Angeles city proper, not by the demographics. Lots of Republicans still in much of Orange county, Ventura County, and a few pockets of cities in the Eastern San Gabriel valley, but I wasn't taking about just Southern California, I was speaking about Los Angeles county.

Check out the statistics, the largest group of people refusing vaccine right now in Los Angeles are Hispanic immigrants. Why that is is not entirely clear, but many fear anything which means they have to give their real name; they don't trust that the information will not later be used against them.

There was also this really, really, REALLY STUPID thing that Los Angeles county did with scheduling covid vaccines which required two shots (Moderna and Pfizer), at many locations people made the first appointment and got the shot, but the follow up shot meant getting online and making a 2nd appointment, and as a result, there are many under vaccinated people. It was really STUPID not to make TWO appointments with one call or online sign up. CVS Pharmacy did that; they gave two appointments with one registration--- easy peasy.

Given that most people are stupid anyway, when government manages these kinds of things, it is important to make them as easy as possible. Early this year when it was very difficult to get online at the CVS appointment site due to high demand, I opted to log into the CVS Spanish side of the appointment link, and make out appointment there, and got right in. I told many people to do this too and it worked for them. For one, even as I don't speak Spanish, it really wasn't that hard to figure out for anyone with half a braiin... google translate is your friend. But I still wonder why with so many Spanish speaking people in Los Angeles county, why was the Spanish link so under used? When we went to stand in the line at CVS for our appointments I saw mostly Asian and White people. More Asian people by far. I guess they were smart enough to figure it all out too.

Back
Top Bottom