• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where's the equity?

neil

DP Veteran
Reaction score
The Left supposedly advocates for equity, but does it count with student loan debt relief? Not as far as I'm aware.

There are plenty of college students who don't have any student debt either because they've paid it off, or they paid out of their own pocket (like me) to pay for college. There are also those who chose not to put themselves into student debt and missed out on getting college degrees for themselves that they could've used to get a better paying job (and that in itself undermines equity).

Let's see whether the Left is really pro-equity by calling for everyone who doesn't get the privilege of free money from student loan debt relief to each receive $20,000.

6xqtwb.jpg

The Left supposedly advocates for equity, but does it count with student loan debt relief? Not as far as I'm aware.

There are plenty of college students who don't have any student debt either because they've paid it off, or they paid out of their own pocket (like me) to pay for college. There are also those who chose not to put themselves into student debt and missed out on getting college degrees for themselves that they could've used to get a better paying job (and that in itself undermines equity).

Let's see whether the Left is really pro-equity by calling for everyone who doesn't get the privilege of free money from student loan debt relief to each receive $20,000.

6xqtwb.jpg
Is any politician from the 'Right' "calling for anyone who doesn't get the privilege of free money from student debt relief to each receive $20,000"?

6xqtwb.jpg

Man, look how many hoops did you had to jump through to end up being the victim...

bleating
noun
the weak, wavering crying of a sheep, goat, or calf.
a weak, querulous, or foolish complaint.

6xqtwb.jpg
Ah, the "sour grapes" argument.

Is that really the best you can do?

The OP is woefully cognizant of the difference between equity and equality.

The OP is trying to admonish folks on the Left for failing to call for equity in the Loan Forgiveness Program but they are confused and actuality are talking about equality in how they see it should go with $20,000 going to students who have already paid off their loans or never had loans.

So there is that.

“Who says life is fair, where is that written?”

Back
Top Bottom