• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

When Venezuela Casts Shade......

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Wow, what do you say?

29587478-DD50-41AD-8041-FAF5B0218B4B.jpeg

.... Maduro got time to be spicy with the comments, but not step away from the role millions of Venezuelans dont want him in.

He's Trump with more empanadas.
There's no doubt Maduro is a POS. That's the irony of Trump and his thugs given him ammunition to make comments like that about the US. Trump's foreign policy has always been: alienate our allies; embolden our enemies.

There's no doubt Maduro is a POS. That's the irony of Trump and his thugs given him ammunition to make comments like that about the US. Trump's foreign policy has always been: alienate our allies; embolden our enemies.

Trump idolizes two kinds of people: dictators and televangelists. His followers idolize bullshit slogans and feel good beliefs. This presidency was a lesson to us all on what happens when a single person is given cult status.

Hugo Chávez was the first Venezuelan leader to embrace his Afro-indigenous heritage, telling an interviewer, “Hate against me has a lot to do with racism. Because of my big mouth, because of my curly hair. And I’m so proud to have this mouth and this hair, because it’s African.
In 1998, Mr. Chavez swept to electoral victory by attacking Venezuela's ''rotten''
white elites, calling himself ''the Indian from Barinas’’ And Many families with a past mired
in poverty saw their fortunes improve during the years between 1958 & the earliest of the Chavez years!

Venezuela's problems are part of a much larger global phenomenon -- pervasive outside
the West yet almost never acknowledged -- of market-dominant
minorities: ethnic minorities who, for widely varying reasons, tend under
market conditions to dominate economically the indigenous majorities around
them. (Chinese in Indonesia, whites in Zimbabwe and Indians in Kenya are other examples.)

The 'destruction of prosperous societies' that I am aware of like those in Venezuela for one
were definitely not caused by what some call 'white supremacy' those prosperous societies were actually created by white authoritarians and were destroyed by an ill equipped non-white majority under new democracies who now after the damage was done some would take back their votes if they could in these states where democracy failed.
In multi-ethnic societies Democracy becomes a toxic cocktail!

Wow, what do you say?

I say its demonstrates well how less of a big deal people breaking into the capitol is. Yesterday pales in comparison to the tyranny and human rights abuses going on in other parts of the world. Like, you thought the US was bad? Remember Venezula, where people are starving to death because the govt wont let them import food?

That would be - rock bottom.

I say its demonstrates well how less of a big deal people breaking into the capitol is. Yesterday pales in comparison to the tyranny and human rights abuses going on in other parts of the world. Like, you thought the US was bad? Remember Venezula, where people are starving to death because the govt wont let them import food?

@slick tl;dr

Neither of your replies address my OP as to Venezuelan leadership looking down on the US in a turnabout.

@slick tl;dr

Neither of your replies address my OP as to Venezuelan leadership looking down on the US in a turnabout.

Look Venezuela has no business looking down on any country at this stage of the game, let alone the USA.
But there is an inextricable nexus between Venezuela & the way the US has progressed in the last 50 years!

.... Maduro got time to be spicy with the comments, but not step away from the role millions of Venezuelans dont want him in.

He's Trump with more empanadas.

He should have sent Trump some Arepas.
:)

@slick tl;dr

" Wow, what do you say? " was literally your op. To which i said something,. If you want me to address something specific, then be more substantial.

Back
Top Bottom