• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Are the Odds We Are Living in a Computer Simulation?

The interesting question that i have is that if we're in a simulated universe, that could mean that civilizations can advance enough to make a simulated universe. Given that, how many levels down are we?

*spins top on the table

Evolution of life could be seen as simulated life climbing the ladder to higher and higher levels of complexity. Maybe the simulation analytical and can evolve itself as does the whole universe and the nature of the simulation software itself.

Evolution of life could be seen as simulated life climbing the ladder to higher and higher levels of complexity. Maybe the simulation analytical and can evolve itself as does the whole universe and the nature of the simulation software itself.
Possibly. My first questions about that would concern entropy and time dilation. However, I'm not a physicist, so maybe I'm not asking the right questions.

This could answer the question of how did all the physical, energy and material elements of the universe come from absolute nothing? Because it is nothing but analogous to a computer simulation.

Back
Top Bottom