• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1303]***To Believe or Not To Believe

Re: To Believe or Not To Believe

So, no, you fon’t have any knowledge or evidence except your bias.

I’m not really scared of the results if Anubis weighs my heart. How about you?

I'll pass with flying colours. A hate-filled heart such as Logicman's will be in big trouble.

And how does "philosophy" do that? Is philosophy a sentient being that declares the one, true definition of everything?

According to the "bumbling bobsy twins": "Philosophy speaks for itself". "Science speaks for itself." "History speaks for itself".

This is just a childish lazy way for them to try to avoid having to explain anything or cite any sources to support their nonsense assertions.

It's basically them saying: "Because I said so, neener neener, you dummy head"

You must clearly have been ignoring the evidence uncovered by the Mueller investigation, the FBI, the intelligence community, etc. etc. etc.

And no, they will not stop repeating the truth.

Still ignoring reality because it reflects negatively on bully boy Trump I see.

You must clearly have been ignoring the evidence uncovered by the Mueller investigation, the FBI, the intelligence community, etc. etc. etc.

And no, they will not stop repeating the truth.

When I ask for solid evidence all I get is "there is plenty of it." If so, let's see it.

Still ignoring reality because it reflects negatively on bully boy Trump I see.

Reality is not made up of hope and hype. Let's see some solid evidence that irrefutably proves the Russians gave Assange the dirty democrat laundry rather than Seth Rich or that Trump had anything to do with either of them.

You forget "Phil Osophy" is just the name they give one of the voices in their heads

When I ask for solid evidence all I get is "there is plenty of it." If so, let's see it.

Well, except the authorities telling us so and the Mueller indictments/guilty verdicts, there is evidence that is not yet made public. But the interference is well documented, or did you not believe facebook when it admitted to the misuses of it's pages?

No, atheists don't do that. They make no argument at all.
Then why do I keep hearing arguments from them?

It is you claiming they make an argument, with no evidence of any actual atheist making the argument.
There are many examples of atheistic arguments scattered throughout this particular thread, let alone this particular sub-forum, let alone this forum, let alone elsewhere...

Atheists don't believe in gods.
So, they reject the existence claim. Do they also reject the non-existence claim?

When it comes to gods, theists believe and atheists don't believe.
They both believe. They both make use of faith.

Neither of them make an argument.
They both make arguments.

They either believe in gods or they don't.
Exactly... Theists believe that god(s) exist. Atheists believe that god(s) don't exist.

According to the "bumbling bobsy twins": "Philosophy speaks for itself". "Science speaks for itself." "History speaks for itself".
They do.

This is just a childish lazy way for them to try to avoid having to explain anything
Explanations have been given...

or cite any sources to support their nonsense assertions.
Sources have been cited... Also, Philosophy doesn't make use of outside sources.

It's basically them saying: "Because I said so, neener neener, you dummy head"
Inversion Fallacy; that's what YOU are doing.

I am sure he doesn't connect the dots and see the implications of all the indictments, guilty pleas, convictions and prison sentences.

What guilty verdicts prove the Russians gave Assange the dirty secret DNC emails and not Seth Rich? And how exactly do the guilty verdicts prove Trump had anything at all to do with the fortuitous transaction?

What guilty verdicts prove the Russians gave Assange the dirty secret DNC emails and not Seth Rich? And how exactly do the guilty verdicts prove Trump had anything at all to do with the fortuitous transaction?

You clearly have no capacity to read now do you. I HAVE stated ON SEVERAL occasions IN THIS THREAD that I have not accused Trump himself of anything due to innocent until proven guilty.

That does not change the fact that the intelligence community and investigations into this have concluded that Russia interfered in the election. They might have done it just to not get a president Clinton. There is clear evidence/suspicions that they did it with members of the Trump campaign and as STATED, I DID NOT ACCUSE TRUMP HIMSELF, merely people who worked for his campaign.

What irrefutable proof is there that Russia gave Assange the dirty DNC emails and not Seth Rich?

Believing something is not making an argument. Neither is not believing something.

They do.

Explanations have been given...

Sources have been cited... Also, Philosophy doesn't make use of outside sources.

Inversion Fallacy; that's what YOU are doing.

Where do you find what philosophy says?

What irrefutable proof is there that Russia gave Assange the dirty DNC emails and not Seth Rich?

Well, those in a position to have seen the classified evidence in the IC have stated that the Guccifer alias was used by the Tusdians.

No one claims to have any evidence Seth Rich was the source.

There was a another person called IBDaMann in their little cult of science denial
It is YOU that is denying science, dude. It is YOU that denies the 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
who used exactly the same phrases like they were prayers.
Of course they are the same phrases. These laws have not changed.
He seemed to disappear some months before gfm7175 became Into the Night's little parrot buddy.
gfm7175 is not my 'little parrot buddy'. He happens to understand the same philosophy that do. Nothing changes because of who we are.
I suspect he fell off his perch and ITN replaced him with gfm.
I don't control IBDaMann or gfm. They simply understand the same concepts.

Your post is complete and utter bollocks. Did you get these ideas from the back of a cereal box?
Nope. From philosophy.
Science is NOT just "a set of falsifiable theories"
Yes it is. That is all it is.
*MISCONCEPTION: Science can only disprove ideas.
Science does not disprove or prove ideas. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.
CORRECTION: This misconception is based on the idea of falsification, philosopher Karl Popper's influential account of scientific justification, which suggests that all science can do is reject, or falsify, hypotheses
You are now denying philosophy. His reasoning for his definition was and is sound.
— that science cannot find evidence
Science does not search for evidence. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. People search for evidence.
that supports one idea over others.
No. A theory is not multiple arguments.
Falsification was a popular philosophical doctrine — especially with scientists — but it was soon recognized that falsification wasn't a very complete or accurate picture of how scientific knowledge is built.
No, it is a complete picture. Science isn't knowledge. It is a set of falsifiable theories.
In science, ideas can never be completely proved or completely disproved.
They can be proven false. this happens when conflicting evidence is found.
Instead, science accepts or rejects ideas based on supporting and refuting evidence,
Science does not use supporting evidence at all. It is only interested in conflicting evidence.
and may revise those conclusions if warranted by new evidence or perspectives.
Nope. Once a theory is falsified, it is utterly destroyed.
...deleted Holy Link...
Berkeley does not define science. What they teach for 'science' stems from the philosophies of a man that was actually trying to show Christianity is science.
Of COURSE science uses evidence. It's utterly absurd to claim it doesn't.
It only uses conflicting evidence. Supporting evidence is not used in science. Literally mountains of supporting evidence mean nothing in the face of a single piece of conflicting evidence.
Ultimately, scientific ideas must not only be testable, but must actually be tested
There is no such thing as a 'scientific' idea. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.
Scientists actively seek evidence to test their ideas
True. They are looking for conflicting evidence.
Performing such tests is so important to science because in science, the acceptance or rejection of a scientific idea depends upon the evidence relevant to it
A theory is only about one thing. It is not about multiple ideas.
— not upon dogma, popular opinion, or tradition.
Parardox. Which is it, dude?
In science, ideas that are not supported by evidence are ultimately rejected."
If a theory requires supporting evidence before it can exist, what is the evidence supporting??

Science does not use supporting evidence.

Berkeley is wrong. So are you. Berkeley's philosophy of science allows religion to be declared as 'science'.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…