• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukraine Forces Resignation of Deutsche Marine Chief

Juin

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

German Vice Admiral Kay-Achim Shonbach is out of a job. It appears he spoke out of turn, most importantly without prior consultation with Kiev. This was same kind of gaffe like Senile Joe made a few days ago. Senile Joe was lucky to get away with just a sharp reprimand from Zelensky. But then Senile Joe is President of the United States. That office does have its previleges. The office of head of Germany's Navy not so much.

And the good Vice Admiral was not even in Europe when he gave free rein to his thoughts. He was off in far off India, where he may have been under the impression he was out of ear shot of watchful Ukrainians. Fascinating character this Admiral. My impression is that he is old school. Nothing green or red about him. Probably a CDU voter.

Anyways the expressions that caused a sharp reaction in Kiev had to do with his opinion of Putin and Crimea. The Admiral appeared to believe Putin deserving of respect. Whether Putin is deserving of respect from a German Admiral is a matter of opinion. But his view on Crimea appeared to be more a statement of fact. The Admiral was of the view Crimea is gone for good. It is hard to see how that is a matter of opinion. The Admiral should know. I suspect he is well read on the manuals of his kinsman Gen Erich von Manstein who roughed it up quite a bit with Russians in Crimea

Anyways Kuleba raised a hue and cry

German navy chief Schönbach resigns over comments on Putin, Crimea​

Vice Admiral Kay-Achim Schönbach stepped down as the head of the German navy after publicly saying Crimea was lost to Ukraine and that Vladimir Putin "probably" deserved respect.

Vice-admiral Kay-Achim Schönbach pictured in 2017
Vice-admiral Kay-Achim Schönbach said the West could give Vladimir Putin respect
Germany faced a diplomatic incident on Saturday following comments made by Navy chief Kay-Achim Schönbach on Russian President Vladimir Putin and the Ukraine crisis. Schönbach stepped down from his position late on Saturday.
"I have asked Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht to relieve me from my duties with immediate effect," Vice Admiral Kay-Achim Schoenbach said in a statement cited by the Reuters news agency.
"The minister has accepted my request," he added.
The move was prompted by a talk that Schönbach gave during a visit to India. Speaking at the Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, the German vice-admiral said Putin "probably" deserved respect.

The new SPD government in Berlin is proving conclusively what NATO and Russia alike know already, ie, Germany is the Weak Link of the West & NATO in the alliance against Russian aggression to dominate the region. Germany is all puckered up for Russia it is...

Ukrainian Diplomat Likens German Failure to Block Nord Stream 2 to Nazi Atrocities During WWII​

1576764947-3381.jpg

Kiev's ambassador to the UK has compared Germany's reluctance to supply arms to Ukraine or block a Russian pipeline to Nazi Second World War crimes.
Vadym Prystaiko told Sky News’ Trevor Phillips on Sunday morning he couldn't say what "I really think of Germany" since "there are cameras around". His
undiplomatic language followed comments by German Navy chief Kay-Achim Schönbach on Friday that Kiev should give up on taking Crimea back under its control, and that Russian president Vladimir Putin deserved international "respect". Schönbach was forced to resign on Saturday.

"I would expect Germany to be the last ones" in NATO to say such things, Prystaiko said. "So many Ukrainians still remember what Germans did in our part of the globe, and Ukraine especially." "Our lands were occupied, and there is no Ukrainian family which was not touched by these wars." German forces committed many war crimes in Ukraine during the Second World war, including the September 1941 Babi Yar massacre of Kiev's entire Jewish population of over 33,000. Prystaiko also revealed Ukraine had several times as many troops massed near its eastern border as Russia did and was “prepared to fight”, but admitted its army was “not that well equipped for the prolonged fight with Russians.”

Germany just refused the NATO ally RAF flying over Germany to Ukraine to deliver some 1000 new antitank weapons. Several RAF C-17 cargo craft had to circumvent German airspace by taking a circuitous route over Denmark, the Baltic and roundabout to Ukraine. Several RAF C-17s in a quick succession of flights had to fly around Germany en route to Ukraine and on their return to the UK. Neither is this the action of an ally which proves conclusively Germany is the Weak Link of the West & NATO against Russian aggression.

Germany has also blocked NATO ally Estonia from delivering to Ukraine 42 of the D-30 howitzer a
nd the related ammunition that were manufactured in the Soviet Union and left in Germany after the Cold War ended in 1992 with the collapse of the USSR. Berlin sold the Russian guns to Finland which later sold 'em to Estonia. Yet Berlin is claiming to be the originator of the guns so it can deny a NATO ally providing weapons to defend against Germany's beloved Russian soldiers taking Ukraine for Germany's beloved Russia.

Time to take Germany out behind the woodshed. They're getting uppity again over there.

German Vice Admiral Kay-Achim Shonbach is out of a job. It appears he spoke out of turn, most importantly without prior consultation with Kiev. This was same kind of gaffe like Senile Joe made a few days ago. Senile Joe was lucky to get away with just a sharp reprimand from Zelensky. But then Senile Joe is President of the United States. That office does have its previleges. The office of head of Germany's Navy not so much.

And the good Vice Admiral was not even in Europe when he gave free rein to his thoughts. He was off in far off India, where he may have been under the impression he was out of ear shot of watchful Ukrainians. Fascinating character this Admiral. My impression is that he is old school. Nothing green or red about him. Probably a CDU voter.

Anyways the expressions that caused a sharp reaction in Kiev had to do with his opinion of Putin and Crimea. The Admiral appeared to believe Putin deserving of respect. Whether Putin is deserving of respect from a German Admiral is a matter of opinion. But his view on Crimea appeared to be more a statement of fact. The Admiral was of the view Crimea is gone for good. It is hard to see how that is a matter of opinion. The Admiral should know. I suspect he is well read on the manuals of his kinsman Gen Erich von Manstein who roughed it up quite a bit with Russians in Crimea

Anyways Kuleba raised a hue and cry

German navy chief Schönbach resigns over comments on Putin, Crimea​

Vice Admiral Kay-Achim Schönbach stepped down as the head of the German navy after publicly saying Crimea was lost to Ukraine and that Vladimir Putin "probably" deserved respect.

Vice-admiral Kay-Achim Schönbach pictured in 2017
Vice-admiral Kay-Achim Schönbach said the West could give Vladimir Putin respect
Germany faced a diplomatic incident on Saturday following comments made by Navy chief Kay-Achim Schönbach on Russian President Vladimir Putin and the Ukraine crisis. Schönbach stepped down from his position late on Saturday.
"I have asked Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht to relieve me from my duties with immediate effect," Vice Admiral Kay-Achim Schoenbach said in a statement cited by the Reuters news agency.
"The minister has accepted my request," he added.
The move was prompted by a talk that Schönbach gave during a visit to India. Speaking at the Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, the German vice-admiral said Putin "probably" deserved respect.

It’s getting to the stage where Ukraine is wielding such disproportionate power maybe getting humbled by Putin would be a good thing. Just slice it right at Dnieper, Kiev can keep Chernobyl and Russia will take the whole Black Sea coastv

Back
Top Bottom