• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UK 'least wanted' list published

We seem to be entering a bizarre time when people are being banned purely for their opinions seems like a foolish road to me.

Sounds like an internet forum to me.

It is a strange move. I don't think any far right groups in the UK would pay attention to an American talk show host, so I'm not sure who he is likely to "incite to violence" in Britain.

I wouldn't send him any invitations, but a ban is unneccesary.

It is very funny that he wants his listeners to cancel their holidays to 'England'. Can't he include Scotland as well, I don't want any Michael Savage listeners to come here!

It is a strange move. I don't think any far right groups in the UK would pay attention to an American talk show host, so I'm not sure who he is likely to "incite to violence" in Britain.

A lot of the far right neo nazi movements in Europe get a bulk of their funding from the US far right KKK and Neo Nazi groups. I once read long ago, that most of the Neo Nazi material in Germany is printed in the US and smuggled in. This was before the internet though

I wouldn't send him any invitations, but a ban is unneccesary.

And if he came to the UK and preached his hate.. then what? I understand where you are coming from, but I would rather have "you are not allowed into this country" than "you are welcome but if you do come then you are not allowed to spew your hatred".

It is very funny that he wants his listeners to cancel their holidays to 'England'. Can't he include Scotland as well, I don't want any Michael Savage listeners to come here!

:2razz:

Make that all of Europe!

But Savage is not actually a Neo-Nazi. He might agree with a few of their policies, but I would still categorise him as a plain old ultra-conservative nut.

I can't really see an old Yankee talk show host stirring the passions of groups like Combat 18.

I don't want to defend the guy, but there are probably some people in Britain who agree with the things he says. I don't listen to Savage, and by some of his comments it sounds like he walks a tight line in regards to "hate speech" at times, but it seems like he also articulates some serious opinions, even if they are not nice ones. I think British people can handle those opinions.

Does not matter what you categorise him as to be honest, what matters is his actions and views and those are quite close to those of Neo Nazis and other homophobic racist groups around the world.

I don't want to defend the guy, but there are probably some people in Britain who agree with the things he says.

Quite a few I suspect, but the difference is that they are UK citizens he is not. They have a right to be here, and he does not. Like it or not, the UK or any country can deny anyone for whatever reason they see fit.

Of course they can, but this is not about what the British people can handle or not. They can also handle the visit of a banned Hamas guy after all. This is sending a message that the UK does not accept or condone the acts of said people, and that includes Savage.

Last edited:
Re: Michael Savage Banned In The U.K.

I don't really see your point here. It is up to the natives to keep the gov't in line, we should be relying on foreigners anyway and it is our right to decide who we want to let in.

I don't have much time for these silly hare speech laws, if you incite violence then you can be arrested for that, if you harrass or defame someone then you can pay the penalties for that, there doesn't need to be a special racial category and racist speech that does not live up to those other offenses does not need to be banned no matter how distateful we may find it.

Tecnhically it is New labour not the UK.

Limbaugh and Hannity must be jealous of Savage right about now.....you can't buy publicity like this.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…